Welcome to PatsFans.com

Pray away the gay

Discussion in 'Political Discussion' started by Gainzo, Jul 15, 2011.

1. Gainzo

Gainzo Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 0 / -1

#11 Jersey

I'm very pleased to announce that I have prayed away the gay.

I would like to thank the State of Minnesota and the Federal Government for giving money to Bachmann & Associates to cure my gayness. Jesus wasn't pleased with me until I found the Bachmann clinic.
  2. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

It is only a matter of time before the other shoe drops............out of the closet.
  3. tehmackdaddy

tehmackdaddy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

I don't think Christians think gays are immoral for being gay. At least, as a Christian, that's my take.
  4. Triple-T

Triple-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

So, why do christians believe gays are immoral? Is it because they act upon it?
  5. IcyPatriot

IcyPatriot ------------- PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +775 / 5 / -15

#87 Jersey

Not just the christians .........
  6. tehmackdaddy

tehmackdaddy Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes, I think that's the mainstream Christian stance. Gays aren't immoral for who they are, they commit immoral acts.
  7. Triple-T

Triple-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Yes. The gays should stick to the catholic clergy where they belong.

(sarcasm, for the denser folks)
  8. chicowalker

chicowalker On the Roster

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

A lot of Christians seem a whole lot more upset about these "immoral" acts than immoral acts committed by heterosexuals.
  9. DarrylS

DarrylS PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +238 / 8 / -26

Bachman is tapdancing, as he now claims that the piece was edited..

Even though there was an O'Keefe type video, right wing sites like Newsbusters are playing that because the "left media" was concerned about O'Keefe's methods, that these methods are not credible because of the concerns about O'Keefe or some other such nonsense... even though O'Keefe did considerable damage with his video's, nothing should happen to Bachman... because of the duplicity of the left wing press...

Truth Wins Out - TWO On TV –The Bachmann Clinic Scandal

Of course Newsbusters is carrying the banner of left wing bias... geez they were able to use Jeremiah Wright, Bill Ayers and Rezko in the same piece.. guess where the inspiration for the rants of our right wing moderater comes from.

http://newsbusters.org/blogs/noel-s...tes-bachmann-clinic-where-you-can-pray-away-g

Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  10. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

How does Islam feel about it......:confused:
  11. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

Harry and his obsession w/Muslims yet again...

This isn't a Christian/Muslim issue, harry, thought I realize for you pretty much everything is.

If Muslims become a dominant force in the US denying homosexuals equal rights, they'll then become the problem. For now, though, it's Christians who are insisting on forcing their "morals" onto others (often other Christians) through our laws.
  12. Mrs.PatsFanInVa

Mrs.PatsFanInVa PatsFans.com Supporter PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +468 / 9 / -3

#24 Jersey

Let me know when Marcus Bachmann's wife is running for president of Saudi Arabia and I'll get back to you.
    Last edited: Jul 16, 2011
  13. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

i'm a christian, and while i don't agree with their lifestyle, it's THEIRS

why should I have a say in what 2 men or 2 women (consenting adults) do together?
  14. scout

scout Rookie

Ratings:
    +38 / 0 / -2

#15 Jersey

Look how far we have come. Was it that long ago when police broke into that Houston home and busted the gay couple for sex? We don't break into people's bedrooms anymore, just call them barbarians in public.
  15. Triple-T

Triple-T Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Well, if you are going to act like a reasonable human being, then you should start to find a better label for yourself or start to strongly call out those who speak in your name and go 180 degrees against what you believe.

I don't like to apply any labels to myself that suggest things I don't believe. I mean seriously, does being christian mean anything other than a belief in Jesus as the messiah? If so, the label christian means nothing at all.
  16. Harry Boy

Harry Boy Look Up, It's Amazing PatsFans.com Supporter

Ratings:
    +480 / 1 / -9

Religion
    If Muslims ever get a say in government Gays will be one of the first things they go after and when they do the Liberals will be hiding under their beds trying to find a way to blame it on the Lutherans
  17. chicowalker

Ratings:
    +180 / 2 / -2

funny, we have Christians in America who always have tried to impose their "morals" through our laws, and continue to do so today, yet you're still afraid of the potential threat from Muslims. Who cares about reality when there's the fear of the future, huh? Life must be terrible cowering in fear day after day.

As for Muslims having a say in government -- I know you're not very well versed in our history or in civics, but as much as it must horrify you, Mulsims already do have a say in our government.

Fortunately, both libruls and libertarians are trying to get religion out of our laws, and slowly they're succeeding.
  18. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

eh that's like getting mad at people who lump all christians in, whenever that kentucky church goes full-on retard, some people are just going to be radicals.

and to me, being christian means you believe in christ and that he's got a place for you when you pass on.

my outlook is just live and let live, and people don't believe in the same things i do, and i'm not going to act like a dick because of it.

we get into arguments, and heated discussions at times, and we think we're right and have the answers, but we're just people who should let each other live life how they want to live life.

i preface that by saying, as long as it doesn't infringe upon other's basic human rights
  19. jcdavey

jcdavey Rookie

Ratings:
    +2 / 0 / -0

it is funny how that works, in a land that is supposedly 'free'

i never liked the whole Imposing thing

present your case, and let the individual decide

spread the word of god , and ya know, let the person make the call for his or herself

that's how i was brought up