PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Praise for Belichick from Baltimore?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
I would guess not this year, as he would be stuck with the hand he was dealt.

In the off-season BB would get rid of players that did not fit in with his long-term vision, working to attain cap flexibility.

His major obstacle would be convincing Stephen Ross and the celebrity ownership shareholders to let him make the football decisions in terms of who to sign - or more specifically, not sign - in free agency each off-season.

I agree. Just wondering if BB as good of a coach as he is would have the same success elsewhere or if his incredible success is more of a function of having TB as his QB for 15 years. I believe that because they are the only HC-QB duo that have been together for 15 years (this century) is the main reason for their success. This doesn't take away from their individual talents but having that consistency has made them both great.

I don't care what some hack writer in Baltimore says...we win cuz WE CHEAT!

krist, everybody knows THAT...:cool:
Joe, it's clear that you are keenly aware of the most basic tenet of the "Patriots are CHEATERS!" rant: any and all forms of the word CHEAT! must be transcribed with all upper case letters and followed by at least one, preferably multiple, exclamation point (s). Example: But, but, but the Patriots CHEAT!!!

I believe that because they are the only HC-QB duo that have been together for 15 years (this century) is the main reason for their success.

Even that is a chicken-egg argument, though. They succeed because they've been together for 15 years, but obviously they've only stayed together so long because they've been so successful!

I think the key is that Brady and Belichick are both extraordinary talents on their own AND perfectly suited to each other. They're both on board with obsessive preparation and analysis and taking what the opposition gives them. Brady is the ideal combo of good foot soldier, student of the game and versatile field general to put BB's plans into action.

Even that is a chicken-egg argument, though. They succeed because they've been together for 15 years, but obviously they've only stayed together so long because they've been so successful!

I think the key is that Brady and Belichick are both extraordinary talents on their own AND perfectly suited to each other. They're both on board with obsessive preparation and analysis and taking what the opposition gives them. Brady is the ideal combo of good foot soldier, student of the game and versatile field general to put BB's plans into action.

I agree but there have been many talented ex Pats that after they left did not perform to the same level. Do you believe that BB would have the same success coaching the Dolphins? I'm not so sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots