PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad Players

Status
Not open for further replies.

SoCal Bong

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I was watching a replay of the Pats-Rams game in London and noticed Greg Salas there on the sideline (not in uniform of course) and it got me wondering whether the practice squad players typically travel with the team or stay home.

In the case of London, they arrived on Friday so maybe they brought the practice squad so that they had more bodies available for practice (though they just did a walk-through in Hyde Park) or do they always travel?

How about home games? Do the PS players hang out on the sidelines?

I don't know what most of these particular players look like so I wouldn't normally recognize them anyway. At the moment I would only recognize Salas and Moore.

For reference, here is the practice squad as of two days ago and their pay:
FB James Develin -- $5,700/week
WR Greg Salas -- $27,353/week
WR Jarred Fayson -- $5,700/week
OT Matt Kopa -- $8,820/week
OG Jeremiah Warren -- $5,700/week
DT Marcus Forston -- $5,700/week
LB Jerrell Harris -- $5,700/week
CB Sterling Moore -- $8,820/week

Last edited:
Tarpinian replaced Harris.

I was watching a replay of the Pats-Rams game in London and noticed Greg Salas there on the sideline (not in uniform of course) and it got me wondering whether the practice squad players typically travel with the team or stay home.

In the case of London, they arrived on Friday so maybe they brought the practice squad so that they had more bodies available for practice (though they just did a walk-through in Hyde Park) or do they always travel?

How about home games? Do the PS players hang out on the sidelines?

I don't know what most of these particular players look like so I wouldn't normally recognize them anyway. At the moment I would only recognize Salas and Moore.

For reference, here is the practice squad as of two days ago and their pay:
FB James Develin -- $5,700/week
WR Greg Salas -- $27,353/week
WR Jarred Fayson -- $5,700/week
OT Matt Kopa -- $8,820/week
OG Jeremiah Warren -- $5,700/week
DT Marcus Forston -- $5,700/week
LB Jerrell Harris -- $5,700/week
CB Sterling Moore -- $8,820/week

So_CAL - First off, I miss hanging with you all for the games..

On you question, the Pats do bring their PS players with because of the potential need for an injury replacement prior to the game. For instance, the activated Williams from the PS for the game in London after Dowling was IRed.

Thanks! Yeah if you ever find yourself back in SoCal you can find us at the Auld Dubliner in Tustin.

Thanks! Yeah if you ever find yourself back in SoCal you can find us at the Auld Dubliner in Tustin.

Maybe next year.. We'll have to see what's going on..

Nice factoid to file in the memory bank... nice perk for these guys.

At home games I have not seen PS players on the sidelines. In fact if you're not on the 46 it's rare to be on the sidelines as well with some exceptions.

At home games I have not seen PS players on the sidelines. In fact if you're not on the 46 it's rare to be on the sidelines as well with some exceptions.

PWP - You stated the biggest difference with your first 3 words, AT HOME GAMES. If they have someone get hurt during practice on Friday or the walk-thru on Saturday, the PS player is there and can step right in. When you are a 6 hour flight away, you bring them along and hope you don't need them.

At home games, they can watch the game there at the facilities. At away games, they don't have that luxury since teams provide the bare minimum for opponents..

PWP - You stated the biggest difference with your first 3 words, AT HOME GAMES. If they have someone get hurt during practice on Friday or the walk-thru on Saturday, the PS player is there and can step right in. When you are a 6 hour flight away, you bring them along and hope you don't need them.

At home games, they can watch the game there at the facilities. At away games, they don't have that luxury since teams provide the bare minimum for opponents..

Yes I was answering the OP's specific question about home games

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back