PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad: Oldenburg, Bam, Mays, Jones, Thomas, Eckel, Rader so far

Status
Not open for further replies.
Re: Practice Squad information as it is formed...

As far as Mays and Lua go, I think the Pats will be lucky for Alexander to have any real impact, much less those two. I think the Pats will sign a F.A., or the world will spin off it's axis in 2008 and they'll actually draft a day one LB.

Well, if that happens, it'll get pretty dark and pretty cold pretty quickly. But we all know the Pats don't mind cold weather. Different matter for the Fins, of course. :D

Don't be silly, Box I'm a free agent and a free spirit. I try to get along with everybody and if I zing someone and I'm wrong, I apologize which I've done a few times. When I start taking Messageboards seriously, it's time to go.
The last LB they developed was named Bruschi and that was a long time ago.

As a person who have been zung by you in the past (IIRC), I appreciate your free spirit.

This practice squad, it would seem, could use some young defense.

Right now it's an offensive show, but it's the defense that is aging. Mays and Thomas are the sole defenders on the practice squad. There would seem to be a need for an OLB and a DB.

How many Dolphins is that now 7???

Are you claiming Eckel as a Dolphin? Disingenuous.

Saban's poaching him from New England is probably the best example of a scumbag coaching move I've seen in a long time.

How many Dolphins is that now 7???

Yeah. Funny how you guys can't do anything with 'em, then they come up to NE and help the team reach the playoffs every year. Yup. Sure is funny. :)

The last LB they developed was named Bruschi and that was a long time ago.

TBC says HI... Pierre Woods is writing you a letter...

Per Reiss: Elgin is a Jet (I've got to get new glasses, curse you Mangini).

Last edited:

Per Reiss: Elgin is a Jet (I've got to get new glasses, curse you Mangini).

Good riddance midget, I hope he is lined up against Wilfork and Seymour. I would rather see the spot go to a CB.

Write this down - Bam is in training to become a nickel back, he has played there a little in the past. This was his natural position in high school. Meet the next Ray Mickens.

Last edited:

Good riddance midget, I hope he is lined up against Wilfork and Seymour. I would rather see the spot go to a CB.

Write this down - Bam is in training to become a nickel back, he has played there a little in the past. This was his natural position in high school. Meet the next Ray Mickens.

Wouldn't he have gootten one snap at that position during the PS if this were true?

I'd go out on a limb and guess that he is training to become an NFL WR.

so who will be the 8th????

Wouldn't he have gootten one snap at that position during the PS if this were true?

I'd go out on a limb and guess that he is training to become an NFL WR.

Saying he will be a WR is not bold enough, we are thinking big, stepping out of the box, etc.

Plus allowing him practice at CB removes the element of surprise when we spring the dreaded Bam Wham attack.

Ok... I am getting loopy, lets get the season started already.

Last edited:
Apparently, teh JEST have signed Mike Elgin to their practice squad. :mad:

so who will be the 8th????
Dunno Stan. I vote CB, there were a handful cut whom I was interested in as late round/UDFA pick-ups. There was at least one DL cut whom I had on my draft board. An interesting situation.

Dunno Stan. I vote CB, there were a handful cut whom I was interested in as late round/UDFA pick-ups. There was at least one DL cut whom I had on my draft board. An interesting situation.
I would think D....as there are NOT as many as there should be...I think they MAY pick up someone today...or tomorrow...depends..

The 8th will NOT Be Elgin as the friggin JETS signed him today..
*sigh* I had really high hopes for this kid and he didn't play badly at all.

All is not yet lost, Bruinz.
Remember he's only on the p/s
... and therefore still just a phonecall away
if needed and useful.

I suspect you're a better judge of this than me, but I thought he was getting pushed around. Maybe a year of Woicik would have made the difference, but now we won't find out.

As the Practice Squad turns.... with Mays and Thomas getting called up to the big leagues any guesses on what they do this week?

Practice Squad: (OL) Oldenburg, (WR) Bam, (WR) Jones, (FB) Eckel, (TE)Rader (9/10/2007)

Random guesses with no factual evidence are accepted.

I still like Gerema Williams for some reason, another random name: (not sure if he has signed with other team yet):
Antwain Spann
Josh Gattis - Safety from Wake Forest

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back