PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Kopa - yes, Austin - no.

Where's the $28K Kid, Jerry Warren? Bill's wasted a lot of money this off-season.

Unless you're Bob Kraft, why do you care?

Interesting that Jeremy Ebert was not invited to the practice squad.

He was drafted, spent the entire pre-season with the Patriots.
Patriots apparently looking for youth, cleared out the vet crowd of Branch, Gaffney, Stallworth, Gonzalez.
Then they added someone coming off injury in Salas, and some unknown to the practice squad in Kirkland.

OK, what does this tell you of the team's evaluation of Ebert's future?

Interesting that Jeremy Ebert was not invited to the practice squad.

He was drafted, spent the entire pre-season with the Patriots.
Patriots apparently looking for youth, cleared out the vet crowd of Branch, Gaffney, Stallworth, Gonzalez.
Then they added someone coming off injury in Salas, and some unknown to the practice squad in Kirkland.

OK, what does this tell you of the team's evaluation of Ebert's future?

He had a pretty horrific offseason. Failed his physical, missed 8 practices, and then had a 7.2 YPC and plenty of drops in the actual preseason games. I'm not surprised they were willing to let him go.

Curran tweets they just filled the last space on the PS again with OL Jeremiah Warren. Insurance now that they are back down to 8 on the roster and one is dinged (Thomas).

So, now dante has 3 Practice Squad players to develop: Kopa, Austin and Warren (plus Thomas, McDonald and Cannon). That's a lot of youngsters.

So, now dante has 3 Practice Squad players to develop: Kopa, Austin and Warren (plus Thomas, McDonald and Cannon). That's a lot of youngsters.

He will likely be gone on Monday and Kettani will be brought back. This bottom of the roster churning and PS game of musical chairs will continue for at least a month.

They must see something in Warren. He was pretty bad in the preseason.

I'm just hoping that he's sufficiently developed Wendell.

They must see something in Warren. He was pretty bad in the preseason.

This is just insurance in the form of another body until they know if Thomas is going to miss time and until they come to terms with their disconnect with Waters. Bill sounded like he was almost there on WEEI.

Bill sounded like he wanted to talk old Giants and Dallas football all afternoon...Pats????...not so much...the Whiner Line was great afterwards

Warren is actually exactly what the PS is for. If Dante fix his footwork you might have something. He has a tree trunk base and does not get moved back an inch in straight one on one battles (or at least he didn't the few times I paid attention). His problems were with lunging and balance. Probably better raw material than a lot of other graduates from the Scarnecchia school.

He had a pretty horrific offseason. Failed his physical, missed 8 practices, and then had a 7.2 YPC and plenty of drops in the actual preseason games. I'm not surprised they were willing to let him go.

Sciz - Ebert failed his physical because of an injury sustained during workouts with the Pats.. Not sure how you can hold that against him..

Last edited:
Down to 7 again. Pats have released WR Kirkland.

Down to 7 again. Pats have released WR Kirkland.

Isn't he the guy who had like a 42" vertical leap?

I guess they just kept him long enough so everyone had a chance see him jump.

Isn't he the guy who had like a 42" vertical leap?

I guess they just kept him long enough so everyone had a chance see him jump.

45", actually. That's ridiculous.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes