PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
Must be why they cut him and didn't sign him to the PS. Sounds like a sure fire hall of famer. Problem was, I saw none of that and neither did anyone else in the preseason.

Why make such asinine exaggerated comments like you did.

Ebert was targeted 12 times and had 6 catches for 43 yards. Most of his time was spent as a slot receiver and he was hit on extremely short routes. He also had 1 of the 4 TDs the team scored this pre-season.

You can't say WHY they cut him and WHY they haven't signed him to the PS.

As for what you saw, well, we've been down that road before and I'll refrain from rehashing what others have said about you and your abilities..

Ebert was targeted 12 times and had 6 catches for 43 yards. Most of his time was spent as a slot receiver and he was hit on extremely short routes. He also had 1 of the 4 TDs the team scored this pre-season.

As for what you saw, well, we've been down that road before and I'll refrain from rehashing what others have said about you and your abilities..

All I can say is he dropped a number of catchable balls in the preseason games, and really didn't look all that good.

I don't understand all the bluster.

You, along with lots of other posters had high hopes for Ebert. The patriots preferred Salas for the 53 man roster and Kirkland for the Practice Squad. Ebert is simply a 7th rounder that wasn't even good enough for our Practice Squad. I certainly hope that another team picks him up and gives him an opportunity.

The team and its coaches saw a lot more of Ebert than a few minutes in preseason games against scrubs. I cannot pretend to judge why Kirkland is a better prospect than Ebert. I know that the team believed that to be the case. Salas was a solid prospect, performing well in nil season games before he was injured. He was Josh's personal choice to be drafted.

For Chrissakes settle down.

Rehash away, I'd welcome it

Ebert caught a whole 50% of passes thrown to him for an average of 7 YPC and your pointing that out why? Small sample but those are terrible stats.

Me and my abilities? What the hell are you talking about.

Are you this dysfunctional in real life? Or just in computer world?

Several OL & DL on the roster in danger of being cut to the PS.
No QB on the PS.

Those are the most obvious needs.

Although if there ever are 3 OL on the PS, none of them should sign long-term leases ...

Several OL & DL on the roster in danger of being cut to the PS.
No QB on the PS.

Those are the most obvious needs.

Although if there ever are 3 OL on the PS, none of them should sign long-term leases ...

If Tennant ends up on the PS would he even need a lease?

For Chrissakes settle down.

Rehash away, I'd welcome it

Ebert caught a whole 50% of passes thrown to him for an average of 7 YPC and your pointing that out why? Small sample but those are terrible stats.

Me and my abilities? What the hell are you talking about.

Are you this dysfunctional in real life? Or just in computer world?

When people like you say "settle down" it's clear that you think you are more important than you are. Also, you were the one exaggerating and making claims you can't support. Dysfunctional? This coming from the guy who can't even say anything about a player without grossly exaggerating what others have said?

First and foremost, Ebert was targeted 12 times. Tied for most on the team. Yes, he caught 50%, but how many of them weren't catchable? How many of them were defended? How many were bad throws by Hoyer or Mallett? Those are questions that neither your nor I know for certain.

And all we know right now is that he's not been signed to the PS yet. As I mentioned, they could be sending him a message. Kind of like they did to Patrick Pass at one point in time. That was speculation on my part. Sorry that you have an issue with people speculating.

I don't understand all the bluster.

You, along with lots of other posters had high hopes for Ebert. The patriots preferred Salas for the 53 man roster and Kirkland for the Practice Squad. Ebert is simply a 7th rounder that wasn't even good enough for our Practice Squad. I certainly hope that another team picks him up and gives him an opportunity.

The team and its coaches saw a lot more of Ebert than a few minutes in preseason games against scrubs. I cannot pretend to judge why Kirkland is a better prospect than Ebert. I know that the team believed that to be the case. Salas was a solid prospect, performing well in nil season games before he was injured. He was Josh's personal choice to be drafted.

There is no bluster. And no where did I question what the team saw versus what we say. In fact, I left it kind of open ended. But clearly you missed that.

Could you go back to focusing on quality posts instead of quantity? You were a much better poster when you did so.

When people like you say "settle down" it's clear that you think you are more important than you are. Also, you were the one exaggerating and making claims you can't support. Dysfunctional? This coming from the guy who can't even say anything about a player without grossly exaggerating what others have said?

First and foremost, Ebert was targeted 12 times. Tied for most on the team. Yes, he caught 50%, but how many of them weren't catchable? How many of them were defended? How many were bad throws by Hoyer or Mallett? Those are questions that neither your nor I know for certain.

And all we know right now is that he's not been signed to the PS yet. As I mentioned, they could be sending him a message. Kind of like they did to Patrick Pass at one point in time. That was speculation on my part. Sorry that you have an issue with people speculating.

You didn't watch all the preseason games, did you?
The announcers mentioned him a couple of times in one of the games, when he missed catchable throws over the middle. I believe they stated if you want to make the team you have to make those catches.

He didn't play well in the games, he didn't look like anything special and he didn't make the team, too bad because I expected him to do much better.

There is no bluster. And no where did I question what the team saw versus what we say. In fact, I left it kind of open ended. But clearly you missed that.

Could you go back to focusing on quality posts instead of quantity? You were a much better poster when you did so.

Are you capable of responding to a post from anyone without trying to insult them?

I wasn't even going to respond to this nonsense. You know the whole don't argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level thing.

However, when you say that I'm "the guy who can't even say anything about a player without grossly exaggerating what others have said." Besides being a completely moronic statement, it's also baseless and untrue. I'm often the one arguing my side against the overwhelming majority based on what I see. I don't base my opinions on what others have said.

Most posters can disagree and have intelligent discourse, it's the few maladjusted ones, like yourself, who treat any opposing opinions as a personal attack and immediately throw down. It's tedious, it's tiring and it's childish. Do everyone a favor and chill the **** out.

Must be why they cut him and didn't sign him to the PS. Sounds like a sure fire hall of famer. Problem was, I saw none of that and neither did anyone else in the preseason.

I don't know what Bill saw in him to use even the 7th-rounder on him in the first place.

In other news, some DE-to-FB JAG named Develin was signed to the PS.
2 FBs on the PS is stupid. Did Bill forget that Kettani was already there?

Last edited:
Kopa - yes, Austin - no.

Where's the $28K Kid, Jerry Warren? Bill's wasted a lot of money this off-season.

While I would not a 28K signing bonus/guaranteed salary, in NFL terms, that is not even a rounding error.... it is the ante to take a chance... and the next post down you're complaining about a miss in the 7th round while two out of the three 6th/7th rounders drafted made the 53, and at least one of them looks like he'll be on the 46 for both sub packages and special teams.

Perspective please

I find it interesting that there we still don't have that 3rd arm on the team yet. Either they still aren't done with their fiddling with the PS or Chris Sims is going to have one other duty to go along with his getting the coffee for his elders.....scout team QB.

http://www.patsfans.com/new-england-patriots/messageboard/10/907415-patriots-hire-chris-simms.html

I had forgotten about Sims. He could certainly be scout team QB, if there are no contract violations in him taking this role.

I find it interesting that there we still don't have that 3rd arm on the team yet. Either they still aren't done with their fiddling with the PS or Chris Sims is going to have one other duty to go along with his getting the coffee for his elders.....scout team QB.

Last edited:
We could always sign a Canadian to the PS and not have him count against the 8 man limit.

I wasn't even going to respond to this nonsense. You know the whole don't argue with an idiot, he'll just drag you down to his level thing.

However, when you say that I'm "the guy who can't even say anything about a player without grossly exaggerating what others have said." Besides being a completely moronic statement, it's also baseless and untrue. I'm often the one arguing my side against the overwhelming majority based on what I see. I don't base my opinions on what others have said.

Most posters can disagree and have intelligent discourse, it's the few maladjusted ones, like yourself, who treat any opposing opinions as a personal attack and immediately throw down. It's tedious, it's tiring and it's childish. Do everyone a favor and chill the **** out.

A perfect example of what I mean. You think that you are so important that you've got me riled up. Newsflash for you. I've been laughing my rear end off at your continued stupidity.

Your first reply in this thread to me grossly exaggerated what I said. So, how can it be baseless and untrue? Ooopss. It can't. Sucks to be you.

Yes, you are the one who "argues against the majority based on what you see", because you clearly don't understand what you are seeing. You've proven that time and again. And people have taken you to task more times than I care to remember.

I'm maladjuted? *ROFLMAO*. This coming from the guy who things that he's so important that he's got me in a rage. Dude, I've disagreed with plenty of people without issue. It's people like yourself who I take issue with. And they are very few.

BTW, it's a good thing that I don't wait here holding my breath for intelligent discourse to come from you. I'd be dead of asphyxiation before that actually happened..

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes