PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Squad News and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.
didn't they do that with Edelman last season??...or maybe I'm dreaming...

He'd be the guy for it.

Even better than Faulk used to be.

My favorite scout team QB story was Jon Gruden personally doing it before the Super Bowl, to help prep for the team he'd coached the previous year.

...since we may need an additional arm for camp, Tom Brandstater, QB.

Good note, I forgot about him, worked with Josh in Denver. Best projection I have heard. I'm not excited about Kafka. I could go for Matt Moore but that would be a trade. Did the Texans have anyone behind Yates?

Matt Simms was released by the Jets. His brother Chris is a coach for the Pats. Could be a practice squad QB candidate.

The Jets are so rich at that position. I'm hoping they will cut the best one they've got, the guy who threw the preseason TD, because the fans will be calling for him by week three and it will embarrass the coach, the GM, and the "you can't have too much Tebow" owner.

Then we scoop him up and he replaces Brady in five years and takes us to a SB victory.

Silvestro to practice squad per Price

Christopher Price ‏@cpriceNFL
Patriots adding TE Alex Silvestro to practice squad, per league source.

and Kettani per Howe

Jeff Howe ‏@jeffphowe
The Patriots have signed Eric Kettani to the practice squad, per a source.

Layup call #1, and welcome back to the 'squad', Mr. Silvestro.

Silvestro could really develop as a TE.. He looked good in preseason games.

Glad to hear tarps back in the fold, we could use him midseason.

Silvestro could really develop as a TE.. He looked good in preseason games.
This one was easy because before camp the Pats basically asked this kid to give up his only real chance to make the team (small as it was) as DE to help them out playing a completely new position until the real TE's got healthy. The least they could do was pay him for a year on the PS so he can develop his skill level to where next year he might have even a small chance to make and NFL club as a TE. Its called doing the right thing. Something I was sure the Pats were going to do.

Seriously glad to see future prospects, Tarpinian, Kettani and Ebert on that list.

They look like they have real potential.

Seriously glad to see future prospects, Tarpinian, Kettani and Ebert on that list.

They look like they have real potential.

I hope you're right, but where did you see Ebert as being signed to the PS?

Last edited:
This one was easy because before camp the Pats basically asked this kid to give up his only real chance to make the team (small as it was) as DE to help them out playing a completely new position until the real TE's got healthy. The least they could do was pay him for a year on the PS so he can develop his skill level to where next year he might have even a small chance to make and NFL club as a TE. Its called doing the right thing. Something I was sure the Pats were going to do.

Right. Plus it made him an awesomely versatile practice player. Very persuasively argued back then.

Meanwhile, one of my very rare I-told-you-so moments in this forum is the prompt signing of Kettani. BB went to the mat with the Navy saying the guy had strong pro career prospects. Of course he was going to at least make the Pats' PS.

Interesting.....................

Greg A. Bedard ‏@GregABedard
Yes he is. Signed to practice squad RT @emorando: Sam Kirkland a patriot? Deleted a tweet saying he was grateful to join pats.

Carpenter cut :eek:

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
Also has great hands RT @GregABedard: Patriots signed former Redskins WR Sam Kirkland to the practice squad. Ridiculous 45-inch vertical.

Sky Kerstein ‏@SkyKerstein
Also has great hands RT @GregABedard: Patriots signed former Redskins WR Sam Kirkland to the practice squad. Ridiculous 45-inch vertical.

Oops; misread.

Last edited:
Former PSer and another C/G Thomas Austin and Malcolm Williams

Room for one more

Austin -C/G
Williams -DB
Kettani -FB
Kopa -OT
Tarpinian -LB
Silvestro -TE/DE
Kirkland -WR

Status