PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Practice Notes

Status
Not open for further replies.

Slagathor

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
Seymours out again...........super.

* Defensive lineman Richard Seymour and tight end Garrett Mills were the only players not present. Seymour had missed Wednesday's practice due to an illness in the family, but was on the field for Thursday's workout. Mills is questionable on the team's injury report with the flu.

* Safety Rodney Harrison, who missed yesterday's practice with the flu, was back on the field. Safety Artrell Hawkins, who was added to Thursday's injury report (questionable, thigh), was also on the field.

Is he out b/c of his family member again? I wonder if Seymour has caught this flu as well. Maybe they should practice in Hazmat suits?

Either way, I'm sure Seymour and Rodney are playing Sunday.

Doesn't that mean Seymour can't start on Sunday? OTOH I hope the family illness is not that serious.

GJAJ15 said:
Doesn't that mean Seymour can't start on Sunday? OTOH I hope the family illness is not that serious.

I think the rule only applies if you didn't practice due to injury.

Is it possible that one of BB's new ways of "working" the injury report is to say that Seymour's missing practice due to "illness in the family," when it's actually SEYMOUR who is the member of the family with the "illness?" Because, technically, that would still be true. And this way you don't let the jets know that Harrison AND Seymour are both ailing. Not that it makes a big difference, I'm sure they'll both play and be fine (enough), but I wouldn't put it past BB to look for even the most miniscule advantage.

patsox23 said:
Is it possible that one of BB's new ways of "working" the injury report is to say that Seymour's missing practice due to "illness in the family," when it's actually SEYMOUR who is the member of the family with the "illness?" Because, technically, that would still be true. And this way you don't let the jets know that Harrison AND Seymour are both ailing. Not that it makes a big difference, I'm sure they'll both play and be fine (enough), but I wouldn't put it past BB to look for even the most miniscule advantage.

anytime i hear seymour and family i cant help but think of the tragic end of his father's life

Worst case scenerio: Sey is unable to play and Mike Wright or Jarvis Green get the start against rookie D'Brickashaw Fergusen and the reserve LG playing in place of the injured Pete Kendell - not time to panic given the Jest running game, and who thinks any of the three OLBs teamed with either Jarvis or Wright will be unable to generate some pressure off the edge? (If I were Mangini, the TE help would be on the right side where Colvin has been lining up, not to mention how much quicker Ty Warren has been this year.)

If Sey needs it, rest him.

patsox23 said:

I would love to hear BB arguing that Seymour is a member of his own family.:D

Slagathor said:
I think the rule only applies if you didn't practice due to injury.

Remember a couple of years ago, Seymours Grandfather died, and he missed Friday practice, he did not start in the Jax game... when he came in he almost took off Leftwich's head on 3 consecutive plays... maybe he will start off on the bench this week and when he comes in tear Pennington from limb to limb.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back