PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Power Rankings (I know)

It doesn't matter how much time is on the clock when you win, as long as you have more points then the opponent.

It does matter in terms of power rankings. If on a a neutral field you think the Saints would win >50% of the time it makes sense to put them ahead of the Pats in the Power Ranking.

Given they barely pulled out a win at home and lost some key players to injury it is not unreasonable to make that determination.

It does matter in terms of power rankings. If on a a neutral field you think the Saints would win >50% of the time it makes sense to put them ahead of the Pats in the Power Ranking.

Given they barely pulled out a win at home and lost some key players to injury it is not unreasonable to make that determination.

If you're going to take factors like that into account, take the injury factors into account as well. The Patriots were dominating that game until Talib and Mayo went down.

So a team that is losing for 58 minutes every game, but wins them all in the last 2 minutes is worse than a team who leads for 58 minutes every game, but loses in the last 2 minutes? Football games last 60 minutes, doesn't matter if you score the winning points in the first or the last minute as long as you do it.

#1 Denver Broncos,
#2 Kansas City Chiefs,
#3 Seattle Seahawks,
#4 New England Patriots,
#5 New Orleans Saints,

that's my top five

As of today:

1. Denver
2. Seattle
3. New England
4. KC
5. New Orleans

Winner of the Denver-New England game gets #1 seed, and will play Seattle in the Super Bowl.

I believe this weekend's trip to MetLife Stadium will be the first of two we make this season.

So a team that is losing for 58 minutes every game, but wins them all in the last 2 minutes is worse than a team who leads for 58 minutes every game, but loses in the last 2 minutes? Football games last 60 minutes, doesn't matter if you score the winning points in the first or the last minute as long as you do it.

The thing is the Pats were winning most of the game. In fact, the Pats were the only team this season to hold a lead against the Saints (other than when Atlanta dominated the first quarter and got their arses spanked the rest of the game in week 1). The Pats won basically every major statistical category (TOP, yards, turnovers, etc.).

IDK, I think on a neutral field with Talib and Amendola playing (assuming Mayo is still lost for the season), I think the Pats can win 4-6 of those games.

In terms of Power Rankings style points matter. They are not suppose to be a list of teams based on current playoff seeding.

NFL Power Rankings Week 10 - National Football League - ESPN

So yeah, they pissed me off again...

1) Chiefs
2) Colts
3) Broncos
4) Seahawks
5) 49ers
6) Saints
7) Patriots

Reasons I'm pissed: 1) Colts struggled to beat the awful Texans and would have lost if Kubiak didn't collapse; 2) Seahawks great defense got trashed by the Bucs and need a second half collapse from TB to win; 3) Saints lost to the Jets; (Pats loss to the Jets plummeted us down most rankings from 4th-9th) and 4) The Niners have had a poor season so far and didn't even play this week.

I'd put it like this...

1) Denver
2) New England/Seattle
3) New England/Seattle
4) Kansas City
5) Indy
6) Saints
7) San Fran

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes