PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Power Rankings are Void

Status
Not open for further replies.

RoughingthePasser

Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job
Reaction score
I check the power rankings every year to get a good laugh. They eventually prove to be put together by someone who either doesn't understand football or wants to annoy true football fans. Shchraegr, Steiner, Schriner, Scheiner-whomever they are...Sometimes it seems like they put these lists together based on media hype or just like a jigsaw puzzle-oh yeah, we'll just stuff the Steelers and Pats in the middle.

I noticed the Colts are number one this week. WHY?

The Colts have no running defense or running game-but they WILL probably go 6-0 because they play the Jets next, then Titans take a BYE sista and come back to pound the Redskins. It must be nice to play the Texans, Titans all year. I'm hoping Jax will expose them and finally take Peyton out on IR so we don't have to see his face in the playoffs.

I noticed all the glam-high octane offenses were listed high (Seattle, Cincy, Indy) I have to admit I enjoy watching these teams but that doesn't prove they are POWERFUL in the Power Rankings....noy yet. My point is that true power can only be determined in a month or two. It's still too early. I know I'm not alone on this one-others laugh at the power rankings as well. Maybe we need the critics and media to keep treating the New England Patriots as the red-headed step child? Maybe it makes us better?
Just keep in mind...
the Cowboys, Vikings and Saints are ranked higher than us!

I'm simply venting on this thread-
I really do respect the good teams on the list but I feel its...
STILL TOO EARLY to read the crystal ball.

RoughingthePasser said:
I'm hoping Jax will expose them and finally take Peyton out on IR so we don't have to see his face in the playoffs.

Expose them like they didn't do last week?

And you make me sick with that IR line. Thankfully, you aren't a real rep of Patriots nation.

RyanTheColtsFan said:
Expose them like they didn't do last week?

And you make me sick with that IR line. Thankfully, you aren't a real rep of Patriots nation.

Rhode Island? You should be ashamed that your a Colts fan. This shows that your obviously a band- wagoner hanging out on the Pats board. Take my advice: leave and go to the colts board to whine.
Peyton has recievers and can chuck a football. End of story.
He will never be Tom Brady.

The Colts will be exposed, out-coached and eliminated in the playoffs-I know you can't accept this. The REAL teams will persevere. Pittsburgh, Jax, NE, -offense aloned can't make it to the big game.

Also, I'm not going to let a 10 year old decide if I'm a real representative of "patriot nation". I don't care what anyone thinks of my opinions.

I have no respect for Indy or your over-paid whining QB.
Watching them lose to the Steelers last year was a cherished moment.
I wish for nothing but misfortune for all other teams other than the New England Patriots. Sounds mean? I'm not hear to make friends with GEEKS.

Football is war not baseball.

RoughingthePasser said:
Rhode Island? You should be ashamed that your a Colts fan. This shows that your obviously a band- wagoner hanging out on the Pats board.

Or I could be from Indiana but living in Rhode Island.

Two things. First, it is never a good idea to wish for other team's players to get hurt. That always ends up biting you in the arse when your own team's players end up getting hurt. If you want to see a team go down, you should want to see it happen with their full squad, then there are no excuses. Second, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones when it comes to the schedule. Have you looked at your schedule lately? Ya, the Colts may play Houston and Tennessee twice, but the Pats play them once. Not to mention the fact that the Pats play the Bills, Miami and the Jets (though the Jets may be better this year) twice and the Pats play the NFC North. The Colts play the AFC and NFC East. The Colts have 2 crappy divisional teams and the Pats have 3 and each plays the other's division, but the still equals move crappy teams for the Pats.

workhorse said:
Two things. First, it is never a good idea to wish for other team's players to get hurt. That always ends up biting you in the arse when your own team's players end up getting hurt. If you want to see a team go down, you should want to see it happen with their full squad, then there are no excuses. Second, people in glass houses shouldn't throw stones when it comes to the schedule. Have you looked at your schedule lately? Ya, the Colts may play Houston and Tennessee twice, but the Pats play them once. Not to mention the fact that the Pats play the Bills, Miami and the Jets (though the Jets may be better this year) twice and the Pats play the NFC North. The Colts play the AFC and NFC East. The Colts have 2 crappy divisional teams and the Pats have 3 and each plays the other's division, but the still equals move crappy teams for the Pats.

The Jets, Miami and Bills are all better than the Titans and Texans-so that comment was ignored.

We all feel it is time for a defensive player to put the hit of the decade on Peyton Manning and knock him out. He really needs it-I'm tired of the Mannings. What is this NFL royalty? The Man is going down.
Roughing the Passer.

I hate the midwest and south.
It smells -literally
I wish nothing but bad luck for your team.

Also, The United States should be divided.
We all know it...
All the right wing-uneducated, gun weilding, red-neck jesus freaks who voted for Bush, live in fear and believe the LIES (red states) should be seperated :South of D.C. and West of Pennsylvania. We also get Cali, Oregon and Wash.

I cant believe i am saying this but i am with the 2 colts fan here. First of all wishing an injury is just a classless thing to do. Second of all, i dont really see a prob with the colts as 1. Sure they have no running game, but have they won all their games so far. Now i think in time some teams will defeat them and their ranking will fall, but till then, props to the colts for a 3 and 0 season.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes