PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Pouring water on the Parade...

Status
Not open for further replies.

AzPatsFan

Veteran Starter w/Big Long Term Deal
Reaction score
Today is not the day to be criticizing Tom Brady but I think its necessary. I have carefully refrained from doing so while the trolls like el Capitaine were running rampant, but I can safely make the following observations.

Tom was late on three of his TD throws.

He created tight passes to Moss's second TD, and both Welker TDs. They were previously wide open, but by the time he delivered the passes, the gaps were closing, the defenders were recovering, and he made the catches much tougher.

The timing is coming back, but its NOT there yet.:snob:

OTOH, welcome back Tom Brady, and Tom Brady lite, Brian Hoyer...:D

Today is not the day to be criticizing Tom Brady but I think its necessary. I have carefully refrained from doing so while the trolls like el Capitaine were running rampant, but I can safely make the following observations.

He created tight passes to Moss's second TD, and both Welker TDs. They were previously wide open, but by the time he delivered the passes, the gaps were closing, the defenders were recovering, and he made the catches much tougher.

Agreed but wind, footing, snow, sleet, rain had a lot to do with the timing of his delivery.

29-34 in those conditions is in-human by any standard

i noticed this as well

primarily the one to welker IN the endzone

it was incredibly late....but bit by bit hes getting better

at least yesterday every time it went deep i wasnt thinking to myself "please dont have overthrown it tom"

at least not after the first couple of long passes

I clam that AzPatsFan is a sock puppet for Belichick. Post sounds like BB's crits that Brady is hearing in person today.

Speaking of real criticism, Brady screwed the pooch on the 1st series leting the clock expire, costing 5 yds, making it a must pass situation which led to a sack, followed by the missed FG. Get your head in the game, Tommy Boy.

i noticed this as well

primarily the one to welker IN the endzone

it was incredibly late....but bit by bit hes getting better

at least yesterday every time it went deep i wasnt thinking to myself "please dont have overthrown it tom"

at least not after the first couple of long passes

At least his accuracy was there.

LOL - that's why he had 5 TD passes in the 2nd quarter - they were all INTO the wind . . . :D

*edited upon reread*

Last edited:
LOL - that's why he had 5 TD passes in the 2nd quarter - they were all INTO the wind . . . :D

rofl, ok, I was wondering what that was all about. That explains it!

I thought is accuracy was better in this game, especially considering the conditions. Far less overthrows, throws into the ground, throws BEHIND the receivers.

All 3 were into the wind. No wind, they are probably on time. Oh wait, they were on time anyway...

Last edited:
All 3 were into the wind. No wind, they are probably on time. Oh wait, they were on time anyway...

It was never a question of the time in the air; it was a question of seeing the play and anticipating that they would be wide open, when the Receivers were in that position. On all three throws, TB didn't initiate the pass until the opening was dissipating.

I was thinking the same thing and was afraid I would get blasted if I posted it! The Titans were just awful. Brady hit his receivers but was his spots were not perfect. Damn close, but not perfect.

It's the end of the work day, so my sarcasm detectors are shot. So all I'm going to say is:

Good lord...

After the last couple of weeks, this was a good-enough sign of progress for me. He was hitting open WRs down the field- not 100% there yet, but more than you could say about him last week.

Agreed but wind, footing, snow, sleet, rain had a lot to do with the timing of his delivery.

29-34 in those conditions is in-human by any standard

Actually, throwing in the snow aint bad. Throwing in the rain and wind is. The weather was a lot better for the passing time by game time than it was a couple hours before.

A couple of the throws only looked "behind" because he had to throw over inside defenders...something the TV doesn't do a good job of showing.

Last edited:
couldn't be those passes you single out weren't first reads..or even second reads?

this is paralyzation by overanalyzation

rofl, ok, I was wondering what that was all about. That explains it!

yeah, the guy's a bum...his TD passes are a little off when he's throwing into a gale and the sleet is building up under his feet...yep, you got that right...let's get matt back or see if Drew wants to come out of retirement...

Last edited:
I am sure I will get hammered for this, but man, can't we just enjoy the win?

Sure the titans aren't that good but who else has beaten them by 59 points the last couple of years? Ok, who has scored 59 points recently? Or for that matter, had a margin of victory of 59 points over anyone recently?

The Titans are bad but the pats put a historic hurt on them and we should enjoy the victory because games like this don't come around often..

Off my soap box now.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey