PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Trade partner in Saints?

Status
Not open for further replies.
I can't see the Falcons spending the 3rd overall pick on a guy like Matt Ryan, his grade doesn't justify it. I can see Dimitroff grabbing the phone and lighting up the Pats "bat phone" in a matter of seconds with Gholston and CLong on the board and he'll try and pry a 1, 2 and 4 out of us to do it.

1. JLong
2. GDorsey
3. "Hello is this Bill?"

Polian?
Parcells?

I would expect Belichick to try to get into the 11 - 50 range (looks like the sweet spot in this draft), not further away.

Yeah, right now I'm looking at :

Miami - J. Long
St. Louis - Dorsey
Atlanta - Ryan
Raiders - McFadden
Chiefs - Ellis
Jets - Gholston or C. Long
Patriots . . .

I also wouldn't be surprised if The Jest took Ellis if he were there as their DL isn't strong.

Actually if the draft falls that way... the Pats are in prime position to scoop up either Gholston or Long. In that case I don't think they'll trade down unless they are offered a significant ransom. And that would entail more than just a swap of 2nd round picks. If the Pats are guaranteed to get 1 of Gholston or Long, I wouldn't mind them sitting there and just taking the one that drops to us at #7.

Actually if the draft falls that way... the Pats are in prime position to scoop up either Gholston or Long. In that case I don't think they'll trade down unless they are offered a significant ransom. And that would entail more than just a swap of 2nd round picks. If the Pats are guaranteed to get 1 of Gholston or Long, I wouldn't mind them sitting there and just taking the one that drops to us at #7.

Who from the pack below would love to trade up to #7 for either Gholston or C Long?

Who from the pack below would love to trade up to #7 for either Gholston or C Long?

That's assuming that the Pats don't want them. I could easily see the Pats saying, "Hey, Chris/Vernon, try this jersey on." :D

If I'm Dimitroff, and he likes Matt Ryan that much, then there's no question he calls the Pats with Gholston/Chris Long on the board, he could still grab Ryan at 7 and rape us our 2 and 4 which would give them 4 - 2cond round draft picks AND MATT RYAN. He's an idiot if he didn't explore that.

But now you're assuming that BB/Pioli would allow themselves to get raped on a draft day deal. When's the last time that happened? Your lack of faith in our front office is disturbing...

That's assuming that the Pats don't want them. I could easily see the Pats saying, "Hey, Chris/Vernon, try this jersey on." :D

True, but let's face it, both have warts when projecting them into our defense as an OLB. Warts on top 10 picks should be very rare.

Last edited:
With Eliis and Long and Gholston available, I would expect KC to get a pick from us or the jets (or even both)

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes