PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential of 1 to 2 feet of Snow in Foxboro sunday

Status
Not open for further replies.
Anyone have a big, giant, football stadium sized tarp?...

Last edited:
I doubt it. A few years back when they played Miami in that snow game (snowballs in the air after Bruschi's interception return) there had to be close to 18 inches of snow in Foxboro (well at least that's how much I had at my house and I only live about 8 miles away) and they didn't move the game back. I know some of the parking lots took awhile to clear out, and the traffic was a nightmare. That was also the game that when we went into the stadium they said, don't bother going up to the 300's (where are seats are), no one will show up. So we sat in the 200's and by the 3rd quarter we had to keep moving as everyone finally got to the game. So I'm thinking the game will go on pretty much no matter what....I'm thinking of leaving the house at 8:00 :)

Good times! :D My wife went to that game with me and we were one of the last ones to get into one of the private lots before they closed it. We walked across the top of the seats and jumped down into the snowdrift to pack it down so that we could sit. Come to think of it, that was the last game she went to... ;)

Everyone on this forum who is from New England repeat after me "If you dont like the weather in New England...Wait a minute it will change"

I love snow games - It shows just how pansy those overprised baseball players are when they halt or delay a game with a little downpour

I hear ya, but baseball is not a game that can really be played in adverse conditions.

The game of football is kind of cool in that it can transform from a wide-open speed game to a trudging ground game.

Baseball is played as a skills game that requires the conditions to be as close to perfect as possible and even then, it is extremely difficult.

That's why I like soccer, too. They NEVER shut that s h i t down for weather. You ever watch some of the Premier League games form the UK? Those dudes are playing in monsoons, slipping and sliding all over the place, and they play on! And the keepers have to make saves in that c r a p!

I doubt it. A few years back when they played Miami in that snow game (snowballs in the air after Bruschi's interception return) there had to be close to 18 inches of snow in Foxboro (well at least that's how much I had at my house and I only live about 8 miles away) and they didn't move the game back. I know some of the parking lots took awhile to clear out, and the traffic was a nightmare. That was also the game that when we went into the stadium they said, don't bother going up to the 300's (where are seats are), no one will show up. So we sat in the 200's and by the 3rd quarter we had to keep moving as everyone finally got to the game. So I'm thinking the game will go on pretty much no matter what....I'm thinking of leaving the house at 8:00 :)

Wasn't that a 4PM, maybe even 8PM game though? Pretty sure not a 1PM game.

EDIT: Yes, a 4:15PM game. Don't recall if it was supposed to be 1PM and was pushed back. But that could certainly happen Sunday if needed.

Last edited:
From Mike Reiss' Blog

Let it Snow!

The long-range weather forecast indicates that snow could be a factor Sunday. If that's the case, the Patriots would have history on their side, as they are 9-0 all-time in snowy games in Foxborough:

Dec. 4, 2005 -- 16-3 win over the Jets

Jan. 16, 2005 -- 20-3 playoff win over the Colts

Jan. 18, 2004 -- 24-14 playoff win over the Colts

Dec. 14, 2003 -- 27-13 win over the Jaguars

Dec. 7, 2003 -- 12-0 win over the Dolphins

Jan. 19, 2002 -- 16-13 overtime playoff win over the Raiders

Dec. 4, 1983 -- 7-0 win over the Saints

Dec. 12, 1982 -- 3-0 win over the Dolphins

Dec. 10, 1978 -- 26-24 win over the Bills

Watching my local weather here and there is potential for this humongous Northeaster to cause up to 1 foot of snow here in the Eastern half of PA.

They are saying this storm which is expected to arrive early sunday morning has the potential to throw 1 or up to 2 feet of snow in some sections of New England coastal areas (Foxboro pretty close to that) if the storm stays on track and will also be accompanied by a stiff wind of around 20MPH along with sleet mixing in during parts of the day.

So it looks as if prognostications of 70-7 or even 45-0 is not going to happen with a fierce storm and apparently will be more of a low scoring ground game unless somehow the offense can muster alot thru the weather or if the storm heads farther out than anticipated.

I still see a 30-3 pounding but I was hoping for better weather and a real dominating score in the 50s - Unlikely unless things change weatherwise.

Despite whatever the weather is,the Jets won't score more than 7 - Snow or no snow

The other thing that could happen is that balls will be popping out all over the place, and there could be defensive scores, and offensive scores set up by turnovers. I guess we'll find out. It surely seems like the great equalizer for the Jets though, as it's hard to envision the Pats high flyin offense going up and down the field in a blizzard.

Everyone on this forum who is from New England repeat after me "If you dont like the weather in New England...Wait a minute it will change"

LOL! That's what we say in Florida, too!

I would not be surprised for this game to become the
Lawrence Maroney & Thomas Jones show

It actually might be a good thing to see how the run offense,mainly Maroney can do in adverse conditions along with if our team has improved from previous weeks in stopping the opposing rushers.

As I have heard from several women.....

Snowstorms are like men.... you never know when they will cum, how long they will last, or how many inches you will get.

I'm starting to remember why I left Boston.

Shyt I wonder what I should do. My return flight leaves Providence Monday at 0655 AM. We are staying in downtown Boston so we have to be on the road by about 0400-0430 AM to get to the airport on time.

I hope the Cape and RI gets a rain mix otherwise we might be screwed.

Status
Not open for further replies.

TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes