PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Nice Pickup

Status
Not open for further replies.

Brady#12

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
The Bills released Jeff Posey. He fits the 3-4 defense and he was probably released because he doesn't fit the Cover-2 defense. What about him?? He could be a solid pick-up especially if Bruschi is out longer then expected.

Right now our starter LB's look like Colvin, Bruschi, and Vrabel. Were missing an ILB (or OLB). Bringing in Posey would bring in another veteran and help out the team, and it's more depth aswell.

i've been saying this everywhere..bring him..get Beisel away from starting spot

Posey-Vrabel-Bruschi-Colvin

Posey was used wrong in Bills .. didnt fit Cover 2 that they are trying now..Bills fans were worried about him coming to us..said they wish him best of luck and thank him for doing everything coaches wanted him to do. They also said 3-4 is his home..i like it..they also say hes a smart and friendly guy..doesnt cause off or on field trouble

Brady#12 said:
The Bills released Jeff Posey. He fits the 3-4 defense and he was probably released because he doesn't fit the Cover-2 defense. What about him?? He could be a solid pick-up especially if Bruschi is out longer then expected.

Right now our starter LB's look like Colvin, Bruschi, and Vrabel. Were missing an ILB (or OLB). Bringing in Posey would bring in another veteran and help out the team, and it's more depth aswell.

I say we should go for it...anyone...even Junior Seau over Monty.

Junior is retiring and has been injured last few years so count him out.

we tried out 2 guys already...maybe we get 1 of them sometime this week :\

Supposedly we haven't contacted Posey's agent but we're so secretive I'm never sure whether to believe that stuff. Based on how things looked on Friday, with some competent NFL LB out there, we should either see someone signed or just shrug and assume Belichick/Pees feel better about what we have than we do. There's really no other way to read it. Not that Claiborne/Posey/etc are great but they're at least playable.

oh please oh please

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back