PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Potential Free Agents

Status
Not open for further replies.
Asomugha isn't on that list and I have heard his name countless times in free agent talk. He's a guy I would be more willing to give the money Samuel wants rather than Samuel. Asomugha was the best corner in the league this season, and on a team with no pass rush. Yes please.

Last edited:
Asomugha isn't on that list and I have heard his name countless times in free agent talk. He's a guy I would be more willing to give the money Samuel wants rather than Samuel. Asomugha was the best corner in the league this season, and on a team with no pass rush. Yes please.
Tagged.....

I see Ryan Fitzpatrick is available. I say grab him, convert him to a cornerback, scour the college ranks for a Patrick Fitzryan, and call it a day. Since somebody on the Patsfans board is always saying our secondary is a joke anyway, I'd just like to see what happens if we field an actual joke at corner.

Wow. I just read that list... it sort of takes seeing it in black and white to realize just how, ahem, fluid our cornerback situation is at the moment.

He is not on the list because "This is an unofficial list that does not include players that may void."

Ah, so that first disclaimer explains the whole Rashad Moore UFA/RFA deal. He is a RFA, not a UFA as the list says, since he did not accrue a season this year.

Can't explain Dan Connolly being on there as an RFA (no practice squad players are anything but street free agents once their PS contracts expire, unless there was some strange provision included in the Billy Yates rule - which Connolly fell under - that would make those players RFAs). But since Connolly has since gotten a 2008 future contract, he's obviously not a free agent in any capacity.

Ah, so that first disclaimer explains the whole Rashad Moore UFA/RFA deal. He is a RFA, not a UFA as the list says, since he did not accrue a season this year.

Can't explain Dan Connolly being on there as an RFA (no practice squad players are anything but street free agents once their PS contracts expire, unless there was some strange provision included in the Billy Yates rule - which Connolly fell under - that would make those players RFAs). But since Connolly has since gotten a 2008 future contract, he's obviously not a free agent in any capacity.

Connolly accrued two seasons (2005 and 2006). If he had accrued a season in 2007, he would be a RFA this offseason.

Wow, there are some interesting names in there. Pork Chop Womack? How do you not sign a player named Pork Chop? And Bug Eyes is a UFA again.

Connolly accrued two seasons (2005 and 2006). If he had accrued a season in 2007, he would be a RFA this offseason.

But only if he was on a 53-man roster to end the season.

Speaking of Bug Eyes, do you think we give Caldwell a look this offseason? He was basically the last guy cut and cut only b/c he didn't offer any ST ability. If we retain Washington, maybe Caldwell is the 4th or 5th guy. Maybe Gaffney has priced himself out of the Pats given C Jax is penciled in at #3, Washington at #4. Caldwell could round out that group pretty well.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back