PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poteat Signed, Gay to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... so much mixed emotions for me on this!

On one hand, damnit Blue!!! :(

On the other hand,
Hank!!!
poteatbongos.gif

:rocker:​

Love those Poteat bongos! :rofl:

Hank will help on ST and dime back situations.

I wonder if he has finished school yet? They keep dragging him out.

QB12 said:
As per Reiss:

http://www.boston.com/sports/football/patriots/reiss_pieces/

Am I the only one that didn't know Gay was even injured?

QB12

I noticed in the Denver game that he got up grabbing at the back of his leg (hamstring?) after he made that GREAT special teams tackle. He walked off on his own though, so I didn't think it was that serious.

But hey at least BONGOS is back! :)

EDIT: Ah, I guess I should read the whole thread before posting. I guess I was right about the hammy though.

Last edited:
Keegs said:
is it me or has gay been injured for the past 3 years.
He was injured last year, he has been injured this year. I dont expect him back next year.

Welcome back Hank!!! The place hasn't been the same without ya!

I think Gay just hasn't been healthy enough to work his way back up to the performance level he enjoyed that Super Bowl year, which was a pretty high level given the circumstances. He was darned good. Nothing good about seeing him go on IR, and I don't understand the anti-Blue sentiment here.

shakadave said:
I think Gay just hasn't been healthy enough to work his way back up to the performance level he enjoyed that Super Bowl year, which was a pretty high level given the circumstances. He was darned good. Nothing good about seeing him go on IR, and I don't understand the anti-Blue sentiment here.

I don't know if there is an anti Blue sentiment here. He has had a history of injuries not only in the NFL but at LSU.

That is why he was an UDFA. The kid had/has talent but he can't stay on the field.

PATSNUTme said:
Randall made a tackle on punt coverage. I thought that when he got up he was acting like he hurt his shoulder. Didn't think more of it until now.
As soon as Gay amde that tackle and got up slowly, I said,"He's done for the year"

That sucks,Gay has always been a guy Ive been hoping to see do well in the league. He has shown Bursts of talent,And then he falls asleep for weeks trying to remember what he's supposed to do. Does this mean Chad Scott moves into the nickel? Or is that Poteat's job now?

And so the 2006 injury bug begins...

PatsWickedPissah said:
Apparently BB has a "Don't ask, don't tell" policy.

no that was funny

Welcome back Hank!

BTW, thanks for the comic relief with regard to Gay being better than Samuel.

primetime said:
Hank's back! But I like Randall Gay alot and if healthy I think he's better than Samuel at corner.

Wecome back, Hank!:)

jczxohn1 said:
Wecome back, Hank!:)
It's time to put down the the protein shake machine in the Shadow Roster Lounge, and get back to serving the drinks in the Poteat Fan Club lounge, bro.

Gimme something with a kick, it's gonna be a long season.

Gay's glory ended after Superbowl 39.

We had faith you'd be back, Hank. Give 'em h**l. :D

jczxohn1 said:
We had faith you'd be back, Hank. Give 'em h**l. :D

LOL. We all knew at some point this season, he'd be back.

paragon11 said:
Randall Gay must be one of the most fragile Patriots players I've ever seen.

Nice to see that Hank is back in the mix.

Terry

Tyrone Poole # 2

Hank Poteat said:
Hi guys! Did you miss me?
You are a seasonal force of nature, there was no question that you'd be back.

I expect Hank and Chad to split nickel duties, but keep an eye out for Willie Andrews as the season progresses. He has the speed and quicks to play CB and Collier should have him coached up by mid-season, the same time frame Blue and Hobbs started showing up in the secondary. The other option is to have Geno take the outside man, with Asante on slot and Chad at FS until Hawkins heals.

Blue should be back next year for Training Camp, he's inexpensive and a proven commodity, we'll have to see who comes in to compete with him.

i hate our CB situation. especially with Scott likely covering Henry..tough matchup

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes