PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poteat Signed, Gay to IR

Status
Not open for further replies.
is it me or has gay been injured for the past 3 years.

There's 2 of us. Some guys have career problems handling NFL contact. I'd scream like a girl with Rodney Harrison coming at me full tilt.

PatsWickedPissah said:
There's 2 of us. Some guys have career problems handling NFL contact. I'd scream like a girl with Rodney Harrison coming at me full tilt.

I think our season picks up now Hank is back on board. He just didn't seem right him not being in there. Maybe the karma will settle now.

Randall Gay must be one of the most fragile Patriots players I've ever seen.

Nice to see that Hank is back in the mix.

Terry

Randall made a tackle on punt coverage. I thought that when he got up he was acting like he hurt his shoulder. Didn't think more of it until now.

Will T-shirt break out the Poteat bongos?

Why do we even bother cutting the guy? We need to petition the league for a 6 week roster exemption for him prior to the start of the season or stick him on the PUP, because you know he will be on the roster sooner rather than later.

PATSNUTme said:
Randall made a tackle on punt coverage. I thought that when he got up he was acting like he hurt his shoulder. Didn't think more of it until now.

Will T-shirt break out the Poteat bongos?

I thought that on the ST tackle when he landed on his as* and to me it looked like he pulled the hamstring. It looked painful to me( If that was the injury)

I dont think that we will ever find out what actually happened.

Huh.. I didnt see the above post before typing this..

Last edited:
Gahhhhhhhhhhhhhhh... so much mixed emotions for me on this!

On one hand, damnit Blue!!! :(

On the other hand,
Hank!!!
poteatbongos.gif

:rocker:​

Hank's back! But I like Randall Gay alot and if healthy I think he's better than Samuel at corner.

primetime said:
Hank's back! But I like Randall Gay alot and if healthy I think he's better than Samuel at corner.

Was he healthy earlier in the season? Is that why he was 4th on the depth chart?

Anyway, nothing positive about this move. Poteat sucks. Hopefully he sees the field as little as possible.

Last edited:
JackBauer said:
Was he healthy earlier in the season? Is that why he was 4th on the depth chart?

Anyway, nothing positive about this move. Poteat sucks. Hopefully he sees the field as little as possible.

I was thinking just the opposite. He has a lot of experience in the Patriots system and he's had some big game experience as well. I am sorry that Gay got hurt, but I am happy the Poteat was available and back on the team. At the very least they don't have to take time to ramp somebody up and teach them the system.

mdhprime said:
I was thinking just the opposite. He has a lot of experience in the Patriots system and he's had some big game experience as well. I am sorry that Gay got hurt, but I am happy the Poteat was available and back on the team. At the very least they don't have to take time to ramp somebody up and teach them the system.

He may be better than anyone else available... but that's not saying much.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back