Digger44

2nd Team Getting Their First Start
Reaction score
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=142682&format=text

Hold Cardinal Law: Feelers Ty’s, not team’s
By John Tomase/ Patriots Notebook
Boston Herald Sports Writer
Thursday, June 8, 2006 - Updated: 06:18 AM EST

Another day, another Ty Law rumor with more sizzle than substance.
Word out of Arizona yesterday was that the Cardinals had leapt into the fray to acquire the services of the free agent cornerback. Already riding high during an offseason that netted running back Edgerrin James and quarterback Matt Leinart, logic followed that the Cards might try to hit the trifecta with Law.
The Cardinals seemed like a decent fit, too, given their $10 million worth of cap room and uncertainty at corner, where Antrel Rolle is coming off knee surgery and David Macklin and Eric Green aren’t considered world beaters.
The Cardinals, however, didn’t court Law, but were instead approached by his agents, the Poston brothers. With $4.1 million of cap space dedicated to their rookie pool, the Cardinals appear unlikely to bestow a big contract offer on Law, instead preferring to wait him out, which seems to be the mindset of the Patriots and Chiefs, his principal suitors.
There were rumblings yesterday that the Postons were using the Cardinals to create the illusion of leverage and drive up the market.
“A lot of teams are interested in Ty,†Kevin Poston told the East Valley Tribune. “But are they willing to do a deal with Ty? Beyond that, it would be wrong for me to elaborate.â€
As reported Sunday in the Herald, Patriots personnel man Scott Pioli has begun negotiations with the Postons, which is a step beyond the initial, personal phone calls between Law and Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.
Law did not sign until August last year, joining the Jets for a contract that ultimately paid him $6 million. He earned a Pro Bowl berth after leading the AFC in interceptions (10), but was released before an $11 million roster bonus came due.

Digger44 said:

Word out of Arizona yesterday was that the Cardinals had leapt into the fray to acquire the services of the free agent cornerback. Already riding high during an offseason that netted running back Edgerrin James and quarterback Matt Leinart, logic followed that the Cards might try to hit the trifecta with Law.
The Cardinals seemed like a decent fit, too, given their $10 million worth of cap room and uncertainty at corner, where Antrel Rolle is coming off knee surgery and David Macklin and Eric Green aren’t considered world beaters.
The Cardinals, however, didn’t court Law, but were instead approached by his agents, the Poston brothers. With $4.1 million of cap space dedicated to their rookie pool, the Cardinals appear unlikely to bestow a big contract offer on Law, instead preferring to wait him out, which seems to be the mindset of the Patriots and Chiefs, his principal suitors.
There were rumblings yesterday that the Postons were using the Cardinals to create the illusion of leverage and drive up the market.
“A lot of teams are interested in Ty,†Kevin Poston told the East Valley Tribune. “But are they willing to do a deal with Ty? Beyond that, it would be wrong for me to elaborate.â€
As reported Sunday in the Herald, Patriots personnel man Scott Pioli has begun negotiations with the Postons, which is a step beyond the initial, personal phone calls between Law and Patriots head coach Bill Belichick.
Law did not sign until August last year, joining the Jets for a contract that ultimately paid him $6 million. He earned a Pro Bowl berth after leading the AFC in interceptions (10), but was released before an $11 million roster bonus came due.

:eek: No! Say it isn't so!

The Poston's routine is becoming comical!

Last edited by a moderator:
Law not close with Chiefs

Looks like not a whole lotta action in KC either.

If a Ty Law deal is imminent, it probably won’t involve the Chiefs.

Coach Herm Edwards said Wednesday that he hasn’t talked to Law and that he still believes the Pro Bowl cornerback won’t sign with a team until right before training camp.

In the last week, at least two media outlets have reported that Law would decide soon on a team. Kansas City, Arizona and New England have shown interest.

“It’s just talk, I think,†Edwards said. “Right now he doesn’t have anything on the table.

“We’re like everybody. We’re sitting here waiting … for him to tell us where he wants to go. There’s not a lot of places to go right now.â€
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/football/nfl/kansas_city_chiefs/14765116.htm

Digger44 said:

As I said in another post, the only sources that say the pats have been talking to New England are Kevin Poston, Ty Law, and Ty's cousin. And yet the news sources and "analysts" regurgitate this. Felger and tanguay discuss it as if it were fact, and yet use only a "high placed source" as justification. This source is without a doubt one of the Postons. Had it been a Pats or NFL source, it woukld have been a "high place NFL source says " or "people in the pats organization have said."

The Postons are without a doubt the best manipulator of news and organizations in the entire NFL.

When I worked in the auto industry, it was common for the company to give Union official who ha become too effective (and thus a thorn in the side of the company) a very highly paid cushy job in management. It was worth it to the company to make the guys not eligible to be in the Union.

The NFL needs to consider having dual NFL Comminisioners to replace Tagliabue. They need to immediately hire Keving and Carl Poston to run the NFL.

The Postons are giving Drew Rosenhaus a serious run for his money for the title of "biggest scum bag agent." The Patriots organization won't even talk to them. When they discuss bussiness they go directly to Ty.

Last edited:
On top of that it appears that all of that KC stuff might not be true either. :rolleyes:
http://www.kansascity.com/mld/kansascity/sports/14765116.htm
Law not close with Chiefs

If a Ty Law deal is imminent, it probably won’t involve the Chiefs.

Coach Herm Edwards said Wednesday that he hasn’t talked to Law and that he still believes the Pro Bowl cornerback won’t sign with a team until right before training camp.

In the last week, at least two media outlets have reported that Law would decide soon on a team. Kansas City, Arizona and New England have shown interest.

“It’s just talk, I think,†Edwards said. “Right now he doesn’t have anything on the table.

“We’re like everybody. We’re sitting here waiting … for him to tell us where he wants to go. There’s not a lot of places togo right now.â€

zippo59 said:
The Postons are giving Drew Rosenhaus a serious run for his money for the title of "biggest scum bag agent." The Patriots organization won't even talk to them. When they discuss bussiness they go directly to Ty.

Are you assuming this?

I don't want to say I told you so, but...

No actually I do... I told you so. That report was issued by Law's agent to a publication that would not question nor fact check, and was designed to spur other offers from GM's thinking Ty was almost gone.

I'm sure the GMs saw right through that just like we did.

Heck - the Postons are probably still telling teams that the Patriots have a standing offer of 4 years $24 million on the table.

spacecrime said:
As I said in another post, the only sources that say the pats have been talking to New England are Kevin Poston, Ty Law, and Ty's cousin.

That article said that the Herald reported last Sunday that Scott Pioli was indeed talking to the Poston's about a contract with Ty Law.

Here is the link to that Sunday article this one refers to:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=142101

Did you miss that? or are you suggesting that the Herald's "One well-placed source" is lying or maybe there is no source at all?

Last edited:
T-ShirtDynasty said:
Now what the hell did I do to end up your ignore list?? :D

LOL...my bad. :D :D
This Ty Law stuff is making me crazy. :D

Last edited:
DefenseRules said:
LOL...my bad. :D :D
This Ty Law stuff is making me crazy. :D

I agree. Yeah Ty would make our team better and he has in the past always been a professional on the field regardless of his idiot commnets off it.

I wonder if he has turned the corner though into A-hole on and off now. I mean he went purely for STATS in New York...willing to get major PI penalties for the chance to get the INT at the expense of his "team". Ever since his "blowup" with the Pats and his struggle to "feed his family" he is surrounded by LIES. These aren't rumors....the Postons are liers flat out. Fine that might be what gets thier client more money in some cases but plenty of agents get big dollars for thier clients without the fruit baskets these clowns try to extort from teams.

I almost wonder WHAT Ty Law we would get. I think it is entirely possible that the TY we would get if we signed him IS actually one that would disrupt the TEAM chemistry now. He has aquired a lot of new baggage since he left and the Postons add to it every day..so does he.

Careful what you wish fo we just might get it...me I'm wary with all of this crap with Law.

Gon_Trevil said:
Are you assuming this?

No I heard it last year when there was the possibility Ty would come back before he ended up signing with the Jets. I can't remember where I heard it from but I know it was a news source, not word of mouth.

Lloyd_Christmas said:
That article said that the Herald reported last Sunday that Scott Pioli was indeed talking to the Poston's about a contract with Ty Law.

Here is the link to that Sunday article this one refers to:
http://patriots.bostonherald.com/patriots/view.bg?articleid=142101

Did you miss that? or are you suggesting that the Herald's "One well-placed source" is lying or maybe there is no source at all?
The well-placed source was Kevin Poston.

zippo59 said:
No I heard it last year when there was the possibility Ty would come back before he ended up signing with the Jets. I can't remember where I heard it from but I know it was a news source, not word of mouth.
Ty Law said it, and everyone repeated it.

I have a bootleg copy of actual conversation between Ty and Bill:

(phone rings)
"Hello, Belichick speaking."
"Hi Bill, this is Ty Law. I-"
"How many times have I told you to stop calling me? Go away!"
(slams down phone)

(phone rings)
"Micheal Felger speaking."
"Hi Michael, Ty Law here. Figured you might like to know that I just now got off the phone with Bill Belichick. He and I are keeping in touch."
"Wow, thanks for the scoop. Are you close to signing a contract?"
"Not yet. We're just at the talking stage right now."

(Camera pans in on Felgie's face on NEST)
"Stay tuned for some late-breaking news on Ty law and how close he is to returning to the Patriots."

Last edited:
It was mentioned on the Big Show.....just heard a snippet..that supposedly because the Jets were not in teh running and the were out of it that it was "tough" on Ty later in the season....This was mentioned as there was the AZ talk...but wouldn't that be similar with Tenn?? And is KC any closer in the west??? Not that I want him here if he's going to be disruptive...OR want a ton of green... Neither would be good for the team..the Ty Law drama goes on...

spacecrime said:
The well-placed source was Kevin Poston.

Bingo. Beat me to it spacecrime.

zippo59 said:

Postons are beyond Rosenhaus, IMO!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing