PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Posting after games

Status
Not open for further replies.
Well said ausbacker. Today's loss is tough because its the little missteps that blew the game from Moss unable to hold the ball to badly thrown balls. However on the upside the Rats lost which still gives us hope to make it into the playoffs. Ultimately the best thing for the team to do is to learn from the mistakes and work hard for next week's game against the Seahawks.

One thing we can count on--Cassel will.

I have better ideas:

1 - don't start threads complaining about other threads
2 - if you see a worthless post, don't feel compelled to add another worthless post to that thread.....it doesn't make you seem any smarter
3 - don't try to give advice about what people should or should not post

If we don't start threads about how some of the posters here are ruining the quality of this board, the admins will not know what MOST of there users want from this board.

Obviously, based on the comments ausbacker and I got, more people agree with us than you. That is why YOU, after 143 posts, already have negative rep. We know you're a joke of a poster without a credible, interesting, or compelling thought in your head.

Reactions: JSn
If we don't start threads about how some of the posters here are ruining the quality of this board, the admins will not know what MOST of there users want from this board.

Obviously, based on the comments ausbacker and I got, more people agree with us than you. That is why YOU, after 143 posts, already have negative rep. We know you're a joke of a poster without a credible, interesting, or compelling thought in your head.

heh.......negative rep........I like that.........it's funny

hey......no sweat.......but 'group think' is a very deep rut

It's not group think. It's reading stupid bullsh!t like gicksauce and Briz saying we should lose out for draft position. It's seeing the same idiot posters say the same god damn thing every time the team loses.

It's not group think. It's reading stupid bullsh!t like gicksauce and Briz saying we should lose out for draft position. It's seeing the same idiot posters say the same god damn thing every time the team loses.

it is group think when someone produces what THEY THINK is a valid post, only to have it stomped on by a bunch of relative know-nothings......the only thing that matches their silliness is this blind notion that everything the F.O. does is right

it is group think when someone produces what THEY THINK is a valid post, only to have it stomped on by a bunch of relative know-nothings......the only thing that matches their silliness is this blind notion that everything the F.O. does is right

Most of us do not think everything the FO does is right. I have said a few times that I find Dean Pees schemes to be the reason half of our games end in defensive meltdowns. They are not infallable.

OTOH, they have won 3 Super Bowls. I have not. Even though not every desicion they make is a good one, most of them are. People need to realize not every draft will produce a Tom Brady in the 6th round, and alot of draft picks don't pan out at all. Just because I watch college football I am not an expert. For example, I wanted the team to draft Maurice Stovall due to his size and knowledge of our offense (playing for Charlie Weis at ND). Well, the team didn't take him, and he has sucked in Tampa.

Blackglass, TAK by posting here and attempting to highjack this thread has demonstrated the exact reasons for the creation of this thread.

The ignore list continues to grow ;)

While I agree with everything you said, it seems like no matter how much we win, every time we lose there will always be the fans that can't handle it. There is always a large number of fair weather fans that will always come along with any sport and it is just a fact of life other fans need to get used to. People selling off their season tickets when Brady got hurt, counting down until next season etc. It sucks, and it is annoying, but as long as there are fans and sports, it will never change.

Hey there are some who post that same whiny, negative garbage even when we win!

I have better ideas:

2 - if you see a worthless post, don't feel compelled to add another worthless post to that thread.....it doesn't make you seem any smarter

Very good post. People complaining about threads just become part of the problem. Some folks have to realize they are visiting an Internet messageboard -- even worse a SPORTS Internet messageboard -- and there are going to be irrational, crazy posts. Comes with the territory. Honestly, it's like going to Chuck E. Cheese and complaining about all the kids.

And if you are an thread topic elitist, feel free to go to the VIP Forum where you and the rest of the wannabe coaches/GMs can break down game film on your TiVo. The rest of us fans who know are place will be in here. :)

Very good post. People complaining about threads just become part of the problem. Some folks have to realize they are visiting an Internet messageboard -- even worse a SPORTS Internet messageboard -- and there are going to be irrational, crazy posts. Comes with the territory. Honestly, it's like going to Chuck E. Cheese and complaining about all the kids.

And if you are an thread topic elitist, feel free to go to the VIP Forum where you and the rest of the wannabe coaches/GMs can break down game film on your TiVo. The rest of us fans who know are place will be in here. :)
You've missed the premise of the thread then.

I value hysteria*; it provides a yardstick for me to measure my own growth away from that 20-something idiot who subconsciously tied too much of his sense of self-worth to the team's fortunes.

*by this I do not mean to imply endorsement of these sort of posts

Last edited:
I have better ideas:

Is complaining about about others complaining worse than complaining about others' complaining about others' complaining?

You've missed the premise of the thread then.

No, I 100% understand the premise of the thread. You want an Internet where everyone is calm & rational and sports fans don't overreact after their team wins or loses and have very well thought out discussions about a broad range of interesting (but germane) topics.

I'm telling you that is not reality and it never will be; so one is better off simply ignoring posts that they think are ignorant or fatuous or reactionary and instead creating/contributing to posts that they like & enjoy.

You can create posts like this complaining about thread quality all you want, and you'll have your fair share of like-minded posters nodding assent and giving you your "here, here", "too right" and "well-said, chap", but it's not going to make a lick of difference.

You know why?

Because we should keep Cassel and trade Brady, that's why. :)

No, I 100% understand the premise of the thread. You want an Internet where everyone is calm & rational and sports fans don't overreact after their team wins or loses and have very well thought out discussions about a broad range of interesting (but germane) topics.

I'm telling you that is not reality and it never will be; so one is better off simply ignoring posts that they think are ignorant or fatuous or reactionary and instead creating/contributing to posts that they like & enjoy.

You can create posts like this complaining about thread quality all you want, and you'll have your fair share of like-minded posters nodding assent and giving you your "here, here", "too right" and "well-said, chap", but it's not going to make a lick of difference.

You know why?

Because we should keep Cassel and trade Brady, that's why. :)
You're still missing the premise of the thread. Immediately after games TB.

The rash of threads is infecting the board and cluttering it. There is only so much moderation that can be done.

If some posters took a moment to read the already existing threads and post commentary into there, then perhaps it would give them some more time to think about their response.

I have no problem with venting, none whatsoever. Personal attacks on players/coaching staff and other posters I do. The declining quality in posting is forcing long time and quality posters (such as PatJew) to abandon this board.

Apparently this is complaining.. end of rant.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes