PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

PostGame Denver/Patriots Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
We are 10th in total defense this year
... defense is keeping us in the game. Members here bashing Pees are being clueless.

Pats gave up points on two 90+ yard drives. Orton had all day to throw. Pats could not stop the passing game at all.

With that said there is plenty of blame to go around. Defense sucked but the offense sucked that much more.

I hate to say it but the team deserved exactly what they got a big fat loss.

To me the defense played their asses off yes they are not perfect but jeez your offense has to score more then 17 points. You had to know that the defense couldn't hold them all day I my opinion the offense let them down.

That being said we need to move on to next week.

Pat

brady should of had 4 TD today he played pretty bad

Leigh Bodden gave up about 200 of Kyle Orton 330 yerd's

the play that lost the game was not blitzing when they had denver backed up on there own 2 yerd line they should have went for the safety it would have been better to just give up a 98 yerd TD then let them go slowley down the field and get the TD

then when they did blitz the corners where playing 10 yerd's off of the WR you cant blitz like that

but give it up to denver they made all the big play's and the pats made none

Please STOP BLAMING the defense for the loss when it SAVED our ars and GAVE TB 1 last chance UNDER 2 mins and TB failed.

Our offense under TB is CRAPPY AND SH!TTY.

1. Pats need a legit WR opposite Moss.
Welker's a slot guy, Edelman is his double. The Pats need a real WR who can get downfield quick, and feed off Moss's deep threat, and Welker's underneath reliability.

2. Where's the defensive playmaking? I keep hearing about BB's 'vanilla defenses' and how he's going to unleash more aggressive stuff when it counts. Well, that was 2007, and it still hasn't happened. If the Pats defenses could make plays and get off the field when it counts we wouldn't even be talking about guys named Manning.

3. TfB's gotta start making better progress. This isn't 2007 with 3 legit WRs and Wes Welker. His deep ball is way off, and he's missing on crucial, game changing throws. Missed a Moss TD, a Welker TD, and trie dto squeeze in crazy throws on critical 3rd downs today.

4. The schedule for us this year is brutal, losing games like this can come back to haunt us when it comes to home field advantage. Denver's 5-0, Indy's 4-0 (for now) and has a creme puff schedule, and Pittsburgh lurking @ 3-2 with a fairly easy schedule out of their division. Not to mention we still have to get better as the Jets will likely not regress.

5. Why is it teams can move the ball against us, and keep drives alive on 3rd downs, yet we seem unable to do the same? Our running game looked pretty rough, especially once it got outside the tackles. No Maroney screens, not much action from the TEs, very little Moss over the middle.

6. Our secondary just keeps offering up big cushions off the ball. Merriweather was off in some of his pursuit today. I saw a few plays where Guyton looked gassed. Blitzes didn't come frequently enough, and a few were too delayed.

Great play by Meryweather in the OT . He had tackle Moreno, but with his powerful might turned in a 12 yard gain .

I ll prefer Cassel over Brady right now . And I ll take Randall Gay , Eugene Wilson or somewhat else in place of Meriweather

Bottom line it's a bad loss and this team is not as good as we think lets give them time to rebuild.

This game should have been won in the first half.

I really belive marraige another baby has Brady mind somewhere else. Guess we can't get mad at him if he's in Love and football is not the same.

Brutally bad loss. Would have been very nice to be 4-1 with tiebreakers over Denver and Baltimore... alas...

I am continually baffled by the soft underneath coverage by this defense. How many 10 yard hooks and 6 yard rubs have to be completed before you adjust? Make Kyle Orton throw into the second level, and if he beats you there, so be it, but 90 and 98 yard drives are just unacceptable...

That said, this team has a bad Tennessee team and a REALLY bad Tampa Bay team, and absolutely needs to be 5-2 going into the bye. Maybe Denver is for real (they have a Chicago circa 2001 vibe about them)...

We don't have an established #3 receiver and lack a solid running game which means the D is on the field alot. The offense is one dimensional and with Brady not right, it just magnifies those weaknesses.

We FAILED TOO MUCH 3RD today. Our offense calling was SH!TTTY. TOM BRADY SUCKS. I can't believe that i said it.

This is getting out of control... There were many frustrating things - but I guess some people have been spoiled with NE's play in this decade.

Never thought I'd read so much Brady criticism. He actually had a bad half. Wow. Stop the presses - a human being f-ed up ! No doubt there'll be lotsa U-turning if he puts up in the next few weeks.

Last edited:
That said, this team has a bad Tennessee team and a REALLY bad Tampa Bay team, and absolutely needs to be 5-2 going into the bye. Maybe Denver is for real (they have a Chicago circa 2001 vibe about them)...

Not just that but we need to have the Dolphins beat the Jests to keep the Jests from going ahead of us this week.

Wow! One loss in overtime by a 5-0 team and people are jumping off the deep end. There is a lot to be upset about today's loss, but the Broncos may actually be as good as their record.

Pats gave up points on two 90+ yard drives. Orton had all day to throw. Pats could not stop the passing game at all.

With that said there is plenty of blame to go around. Defense sucked but the offense sucked that much more.

They need to be more aggresive for all four qaurters. They need to work the underneath better. Their passing game is too vertical at this point. third and short is king, just ask Kyle Orten.

We don't have an established #3 receiver and lack a solid running game which means the D is on the field alot. The offense is one dimensional and with Brady not right, it just magnifies those weaknesses.

Put Gaffney in a white uniform and Pats probably win that game. Crazy that that could end up being such a huge FA mistake.

No he doesn't. But he did suck today.

Look at his numbers. No QB with numbers like that sucked. He can be mediocre w/ numbers like that, and I think he was.

But he didn't suck.

Bottom line it's a bad loss and this team is not as good as we think lets give them time to rebuild.

will the only good thing about about a rebuilding year is the pats will still win at less 11 game's but i agree they have not beat a good team all year the ravens are not a good team

This is all a joke: But just to fuel FIRE!

Cassel went 5-2 going in to Indy wtf!?!?!?!

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes