Replies:
Very sad news: RIP Joker
Replies:
OT: Bad news - "it" is back...
Replies:
2023/2024 Patriots Roster Transaction Thread
Replies:
Asking for your support

Is it disrespectful for other team posters to post other teams avatars or sigs here.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
There are two different kinds of posters from other teams. There are the trolls who come here to be smart asses and stir things up. Then there are the other who come here are not doing a troll thing and are generally accepted by most Patriots posters.

However, what I do find disrespectful is posters from other teams with sigs and avatars from their teams. I do on occassion go to the Jets board but I have no avatar or sig there becasue I consider it disrespectful to them.

How do you think/feel about this? Does it bother you? Maybe is just a thing that I have and others don't.

Let's do a poll on this.

Welllll, the huge two page sigs bother me a little, but I don't mind avatars at all, unless of course it is disrespecting our team. The avatars actually help me tell what team the fan is representing. The sigs are alright, but they get annoying when they take up the whole computer screen.

It doesn't really bother me at all.

Welllll, the huge two page sigs bother me a little, but I don't mind avatars at all, unless of course it is disrespecting our team. The avatars actually help me tell what team the fan is representing. The sigs are alright, but they get annoying when they take up the whole computer screen.
:yeahthat:
Fans from other teams should be welcome as long as they come here to talk football and not just to troll. Don´t mind avatars and small sigs (this applies to both patsfans and other teams fans).

As long as the sig/avatar is within any stated rules, not vulgar, etc. then I see no problem. They are fans of their stated teams, and should be allowed to be known as such.

I agree 300% :rocker:

Avatars and sigs don't really bother me in and of themselves,but I guess I'd agree that some of them are obviously made for the sole purpose of being inciteful. That being true,then no doubt the body of their posts are of the same nature. Is it disrespectful? Probably. Would I do it? No,but then again I think my team speaks for itself. I've never felt the need to create an avatar/sig that would get in anybody's face-the Pats do a fine job of that on their own:D

Not a problamo. It sorts out the losers from the winners. We Pats fans being the da winners.

The avatars and signatures annoy me sometimes but I'd rather have free speech out here than be like other boards that shut it down.

There's an old saying "Noblesse oblige," which basically means that if you're the best you have to act like it and occasionally take crap you'd rather not put up with.

We're the best franchise in the NFL. Frustrated fans of other teams will sometimes do stuff that's immature or obnoxious. We should rise above it and maybe even feel a little sorry for them.

Last edited:
It wouldnt bother me that Aqua would use a say...Chris Chambers AV or sig. But idiots like feelthepain with their JT/Brady sigs...Brady with a bruised up face. Its just coming out and saying that he is a pain in the ass troll that doesnt have the brains to fill an egg cup.

As long as they aren't out of line, then it's fine. It's kind of like the visiting team's fans wearing jerseys to a game.

While it doesn't bother me, it also depends on what the image is of. Some on here are pretty obnoxious and only asking for smack, and yet they claim to be here for talk only and aren't trolls.

Harumph! Nut, you should be focused on rescuing T-shirt, at least go help him get his taters planted, but Noooooooooooooooooooo, you have to play the disrespect card like you're some kind of Super Safety. (I'll bet you haven't even won a golf ball driving contest, even using your special balls.) :p

it only bothers me if the pics are HUGE. Otherwise i couldnt care less.

Doesn't bother me at all. I do feel it is important to have fans of other teams post on our board, and we should give them any respect that they deserve. Never hurts to have a variety of comments and opinions.

I actually appreciate the honesty of announcing your allegiance in an avatar. Giant boasting sigs are just childish, though.

It is only disrespectful if they come in and act like an ass. The ones that actually come to talk football, i don't mind. I just mind when they come, and do things like make bets they don't pay. Those are the people that are annoying and disrespectful.

It depends entirely on the nature of the poster.

I used to get a kick out of a Miami guy that called himself Welker83 or something like that, and he would put up all kinds of funny pictures of Welker doing everything possible on offense. It was funny, I liked it. And he was a good poster overall, just somebody to joke around with a little.

But painintheass is just here to cause trouble, and then you have the juvenile delinquent who stiffs charities.

It comes down to why the poster is here.

JackPMiller (I think that's his name) is a good Rams poster.

The posters I can't stand are like the one from last year's playoffs (specifically SD fans, cfoster and a few not included).

Harumph! Nut, you should be focused on rescuing T-shirt, at least go help him get his taters planted, but Noooooooooooooooooooo, you have to play the disrespect card like you're some kind of Super Safety. (I'll bet you haven't even won a golf ball driving contest, even using your special balls.) :p

I'm learning valuable lesson by the votes and the post on this thread. I think I'm going to have to remove my leg warmers before I log in here for now on.

I only use my special balls for putting. It would ruin my day on the golf coarse if I lost one in the woods or in the water.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back