PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poster child for "Did not compete" = Aaron Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
According to Bedard in the Globe this morning, AH is hurting again.

As I've said all along, this was a severe injury that will not get 100% better without surgery and the accompanying rehab. This year, he has been and will continue to be a good complementary player, but he will not be the dominant player that he was before he got hurt because he can't really cut on that ankle. Like Gronk in the super bowl, his straight line speed is not an issue, but AH's strength is his ability to break ankles, which he can't do with a damaged ankle of his own.

I'm guessing OP lost his fantasy championship because Hernandez didn't put up the 12-15 points he was projected to by the NFL network fantasy dorks

Dumb thread but reminds me of my experience watching the game in a bar yesterday. Had a running argument with another watcher who kept insisting to me that AH was not on the field. Had to wait a while until the camera replayed a missed 4th QTR 3rd down pass to him. Lo Def analog TV made player #s otherwise unreadable.

Is it me or has this board turned into a Jets board. With all the crying today and yesterday?

Well, some posters here seemingly hate some Pats players as much as Rats fans do.

Bedard also noted that the Pats barely even activated Hernandez for this game. If the Texans win next week, I think Hernandez gets the game off.

It really is about what-have-you-done-for-me-lately.

Hernandez's last 4 games:

@ Miami: 8 catches, 97 yards
vs Houston: 8 catches, 58 yards, 2 TDs
vs San Fran: 10 catches, 92 yards, 1 TD
@ Jacksonville: 1 catch, 13 yards

But yeah, he's a bum because he had one poor game. Might as well cut Brady since he's had two ****ty games in a row by his standards.

Despite the injuries others have mentioned, he's been pretty productive throughout. And obviously he's better with Gronk in the line-up, but Gronk also benefits as well. Here are a few of Gronk's games without Hernandez:

@ Baltimore: 2 catches, 21 yards
vs Denver: 4 catches, 35 yards
vs Buffalo: 3 catches, 31 yards

It happens. Lloyd has had great games and really quiet ones, as has Ridley, as has EVERY ******* PLAYER IN THE NFL.

But yeah, our Pro Bowl caliber TE who has been gutting through an injury who came back a bit early when Gronk went down is overpaid and the poster child for did not compete. If you truly believe that, you don't even want to know what you're the poster boy for...

Don't compare Gronk with AH. Gronk is our Pro Bowl caliber TE who's a terrific blocker and makes a huge difference for that O line. Gronk also has tremendous hands and is a much more reliable pass catcher than Hernandez. Gronk is the all around player.
AH is a glorified WR and catching 1 pass against the vaunted Jacksonville Jag defense on a day when the QB is getting killed because guys aren't fighting to get open is totally unacceptable.

Don't compare Gronk with AH. Gronk is our Pro Bowl caliber TE who's a terrific blocker and makes a huge difference for that O line. Gronk also has tremendous hands and is a much more reliable pass catcher than Hernandez. Gronk is the all around player.
AH is a glorified WR and catching 1 pass against the vaunted Jacksonville Jag defense on a day when the QB is getting killed because guys aren't fighting to get open is totally unacceptable.
Your facts are inaccurate, your position is untenable, and your opinion is delusional. You sir, have accomplished the Triple Crown of message board incompetence.

After it has been pointed out to you, by several people, that Hernandez has had 4 very productive games prior to this one, you still cling to your irrational opinion. There comes a time when you have to recognize the error of your ways. You are about 4 pages late in that realization, buddy.

The facts are Hernandez, for whatever reasons, had a bad game in Jacksonville. He wasn't the only one, and it happens. That's it. Your OP is impossibly flawed, and your determination to defend it, is becoming sad.

you can tell he isn't 100%...hopefully they rest him next week along with others..unless houston loses

I'm guessing OP lost his fantasy championship because Hernandez didn't put up the 12-15 points he was projected to by the NFL network fantasy dorks

No. No, Rhody is just an awful poster.

So what you're saying (without meaning to of course) is Hernandez needs Gronk in the line-up in order to be productive. There's a lot of truth to that and that's not good. Without Gronk in the line-up they need Hernandez to elevate his game.
Somehow Wes Welker continues to be very productive yet Hernandez disappears all too often and this is because "Hernandez is a completely different target"??? Bull%#@&!!!!!
Aaron Hernandez does not compete, i.e. bring the intensity and tenacity game in and game out the way Wes Welker does.
Yesterday was a classic example.

Didn't Gronk also seem more ineffective when Hernandez got hurt and was playing without him?

It's no question Gronk is the better player but I think it's obvious when one's hurt the other gets double covered and doesn't look as good. They both benefit from each other.

Put him on the waiver list and see how many seconds it takes for another team to sign him. I'll bet he wouldn't last a minute.

This thread belongs in the practice forum..

Its clear that when Gronk plays the offense can be more difficult to defend because of his superior blocking. I dont believe Gronk can be made invisible as easy as Ahern. I like Ahern, but without Gronk I see a paper Tiger! The thing I think we are all waiting for is are they batman & robin when playing near full strenght together. I think yes and thats why they paid them both. I am concerned with the intensity of Ahern. 4th quarter he had a chance to lay out for a 3rd down low and away ball and never even attempted. We ALL saw it. WFT was that? Hope it was a brain fart. Dont see Welker, Lloyd, Woody, Gronk etc not making an attempt.

Some of his "drops" were bad passes and other drops were simply that. Hernandez needs to be more consistent in that department.

In regards to his mobility and effort with his cuts and routes, he is still playing on 1 leg pretty much. High Ankle sprains are the devil, and I would not be surprised to see him get it cleaned up in the offseason.

Hernandez is good, but when we really need him, he always drops the ball. He will need more time to become clutch imo. When Brady really needs someone to make a play and he goes to AH, it has not really worked for us in the games that we are mounting a last minute attack.

Hernandez is good, but when we really need him, he always drops the ball. He will need more time to become clutch imo. When Brady really needs someone to make a play and he goes to AH, it has not really worked for us in the games that we are mounting a last minute attack.

I definately agree on his dropsies. Not sure how many he has had but he isn't the most consistent guy.

This year AH,Gronk playing at different times has really shown the level of difference between the two imo. Like somebody mentioned Gronk is the batman and i was a guy who believed that AH is as good if not a bigger receiving threat because of his added athleticism but Gronk's size is too big of a mismatch.

No the sky is not falling but when the QB of the team is literally screaming at his offense on the sidelines perhaps we should take a look at that offense and comment on who isn't showing up to play.
Sorry if that offends your pinkhat sensitivity. :rolleyes:

Your thought process is complete nonsense.

That's where the problem lies.

At least two of the "thrown to" passes were dumped at Aaron's feet as Brady avoided a sack. In no way were they the least bit catchable

Last edited:
No the sky is not falling but when the QB of the team is literally screaming at his offense on the sidelines perhaps we should take a look at that offense and comment on who isn't showing up to play.
Sorry if that offends your pinkhat sensitivity. :rolleyes:

Nobody would mistake you for a pinkhat.........a 'green' hat maybe

I think the correct word for him is 'soft'.

Great player but definitely can be rattled. That hit he took against SF had him looking twice afterwards.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes