PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poster child for "Did not compete" = Aaron Hernandez

Status
Not open for further replies.
re: Poster child for "Did not compete" = Aaron Hernandez

Four Words.....One Star

Two words: Practice Squad but in the spirit of the day we will let this one float for a while. However this thread reminds me of this.
kLTCEvpcrEKYqD5qv8YmaA2.gif

The Jags slowed him down by double teaming him. Welker gets double bracketed all the time and his production is still off the charts. This is why Welker should get a new contract.

It's amazing how a lackluster win brings out the loons much more so than tough loss.

Anyone who watches the games the past month can clearly see that Hernandez is not near 100%,everytime he gets tackled you could see a slight limp as he gets up and walks back to the LOS

I think Hernandez is playing with constant pain and is keeping it going for the sake of the team without Gronk

Had Gronk not been hurt,I think Hernandez would have had a longer time to recover.

Here a few things:

• Hernandez did not play well yesterday and has had an up and down season, but some in this thread are going way, way overboard.
  • Hernandez is playing coming back from a high ankle sprain which could be affecting his play. A high ankle sprain can affect a player for the entire season. It is one of those weird injuries.
  • The loss of Gronk hurts how the Pats use him. They don't put him all over the field as much as they do when Gronk is in. They ask him to block far more which isn't his forte and it probably tires him out far quicker.
  • My biggest problem with him right now is the dropped passes. He seems to be dropping too many passes.

Last edited:

Thanks for making my point. Players who don't show up to play every game in a great passing offense and with a HOF QB have games with 2 rec for 36 yds and 1 rec for 13. Unacceptable level of production from a player who's game is that of a pass catcher and not a blocking TE.

I wasn't building a case, just posting his comeback numbers. Ahern's not up to last years standards(CR70%, 2011/60%, 2012) but give him time, missing 8 or so games injured can't help either. Lloyd was being written off not to long a go after a couple of bad games now he's a play maker. in short I'm not worried.

According to Bedard in the Globe this morning, AH is hurting again.

29 catches for 296 yards in five games is an average of almost six receptions for 61 ypg - excellent production out of a tight end. Add the three additional receptions by Fells and Oh-Oh and the group had a decent day against the Jaguars.

Ahern caught 1 ball yesterday he's a worthless, gutless, non-competitor with a bloated contract killing the team/organization. Trade the BUM maybe we'll get a bag of elephant peanuts in return if we're lucky.:rolleyes:

Hernandez has all the tools to be a dominating player. Dominating.
Unfortunately this guy is invisible far too often.
There are too many games where this supremely talented player is a non-factor.
That big money contract may have been a big mistake.

[insert Kontra's "LOL did not read" GIF here]

Hurtnandez...

Thanks for making my point. Players who don't show up to play every game in a great passing offense and with a HOF QB have games with 2 rec for 36 yds and 1 rec for 13. Unacceptable level of production from a player who's game is that of a pass catcher and not a blocking TE.

This is stupid. You have no idea what the cause of his limited production is so you assume lack of effort. AH has been fighting an injury for much of the year, did it occur to you that he may be slowed a bit?

Has Wes ever had a bad game? How about Brady? Is it because they "did not compete"?

IMO this thread "does not compete".

It really is about what-have-you-done-for-me-lately.

Hernandez's last 4 games:

@ Miami: 8 catches, 97 yards
vs Houston: 8 catches, 58 yards, 2 TDs
vs San Fran: 10 catches, 92 yards, 1 TD
@ Jacksonville: 1 catch, 13 yards

But yeah, he's a bum because he had one poor game. Might as well cut Brady since he's had two ****ty games in a row by his standards.

Despite the injuries others have mentioned, he's been pretty productive throughout. And obviously he's better with Gronk in the line-up, but Gronk also benefits as well. Here are a few of Gronk's games without Hernandez:

@ Baltimore: 2 catches, 21 yards
vs Denver: 4 catches, 35 yards
vs Buffalo: 3 catches, 31 yards

It happens. Lloyd has had great games and really quiet ones, as has Ridley, as has EVERY ******* PLAYER IN THE NFL.

But yeah, our Pro Bowl caliber TE who has been gutting through an injury who came back a bit early when Gronk went down is overpaid and the poster child for did not compete. If you truly believe that, you don't even want to know what you're the poster boy for...

A lot of bad threads on this board lately.

Lets not forget that yesterday our OL was not very good and I don't care who you have out there,if the QB is hurried no WR is having a solid game.

Lets not forget that yesterday our OL was not very good and I don't care who you have out there,if the QB is hurried no WR is having a solid game.

Exactly. The o-line will get back to normal & we will be hanging another banner in early February.

Everybody breathe.

Merry Christmas!

Stop with the excuses. Hernandez had ONE catch yesterday. ONE!

W. Welker 10 catch - 12 targets
B. Lloyd 6 catch - 12 target
M. Hoomanawanui 2 catch - 2 target
D. Woodhead 2 catch - 5 target
A. Hernandez 1 catch - 5 target
D. Branch 2 catch - 3 target
D. Fells 1 catch - 1 target
S. Ridley 0 catch - 1 target

UNACCEPTABLE!!!!!!
What's bizarre is why McDaniels kept wanting to throw the ball in the second half when they had the lead and needed to burn clock. Brady was getting killed because they basically had a 2 man passing attack all day.

All players have off days, even Brady, Welker, and Megatron have off days. Hernandez is a really good young player who has great days and some off days every now and then. I do think that those who believe he is the reason they can let Welker walk are foolish because Welker provides immediate relief for Brady by consistently getting open in under 2 seconds, and no other player, Edelperson included, can do that. For all his accomplishments I have always felt that one of Welker's greatest assets is saving Brady's ass when he is under duress.

So what you're saying (without meaning to of course) is Hernandez needs Gronk in the line-up in order to be productive. There's a lot of truth to that and that's not good. Without Gronk in the line-up they need Hernandez to elevate his game.
Somehow Wes Welker continues to be very productive yet Hernandez disappears all too often and this is because "Hernandez is a completely different target"??? Bull%#@&!!!!!
Aaron Hernandez does not compete, i.e. bring the intensity and tenacity game in and game out the way Wes Welker does.
Yesterday was a classic example.

Hernandez has played 9 games, really 8 because he was injured on the 3rd play of a game, and has 46 catches. Gronk has played 10 and has 53. In his last 3 games before yesterday he caught 8,8,10.
I would like to introduce you to the New England Patriots, a team that alters its game plan week to week based upon the opponent and throws to whoever coverage dictates.
Your total lack of football knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

Hernandez has played 9 games, really 8 because he was injured on the 3rd play of a game, and has 46 catches. Gronk has played 10 and has 53. In his last 3 games before yesterday he caught 8,8,10.
I would like to introduce you to the New England Patriots, a team that alters its game plan week to week based upon the opponent and throws to whoever coverage dictates.
Your total lack of football knowledge never ceases to amaze me.

Is it me or has this board turned into a Jets board. With all the crying today and yesterday?

Is it me or has this board turned into a Jets board. With all the crying today and yesterday?

Terrible comparison, jet fans are crying about losses.

A lot of bad threads on this board lately.

Given the tone of the board after the game and today, one would think that they lost yesterday.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes