PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post your 2010 Fantasy results

borg

Pro Bowl Player
2020 Weekly Picks Winner
2021 Weekly Picks Winner
2022 Weekly Picks Winner
Reaction score
Drafted 28 teams (yes, I have a problem) on ESPN Fantasy. 19 teams made playoffs. 13 teams made finals. 11 Champions.
My key was working free agency early and often...grabbed Hillis, BJGE, Loyd, and Vick and rode them through the middle of the season. And when Gates went down, I Gronked it hard. Gutsiest move, when Vick sat in week 17, I grabbed Tebow and started him on 10 of my 11 winners....can I get an Amen

I played in one league, 10 team yahoo ppr league, and of course came away with the championship this weekend. I too did well on the waiver wire as I was able to pick up pierre garcon, ryan torain, and joe webb(was able to play him at wr).

I wasn't going to play any FF this year, but at the last minute joined a 12-team league that started in this forum, Patfans2010, on yahoo. I didn't have high expectations as I had done zero research prior to the draft, but finished the regular season in third place and won the championship. My team started slow (2-3) but some free agent pickups came through for me.

For those that give up on a season early consider this: my top two picks were Ryan Mathews and Ryan Grant. One was injured most of the season, the other went on IR in week one. Don't assume you still can't compete. Some mid to late draft picks (Terrell Owens, 8th; Fred Jackson, 9th; Mike (TB Bucs) Williams, 12th) helped out a lot as did the 18th RB taken in our draft, Jamaal Charles.

As often happens the two teams playing for the championship had mediocre games, but at that point I only had to defeat one other team. Charles and Williams had big games and that was enough to make up for almost nothing from my K, D, Marques Colston, and Jon Kitna getting knocked out in the first half.

I also played on a Pick'em league that started in this forum, where you guess the winning team of every NFL game each week, assigning a confidence value of 1-16 for each of the games. At the end of the regular season I was 2nd, and finally had the high weekly score for the first time last week. We started out with about 40 people and finished with 16 still playing heading into the playoffs.

The only other FF game I participated in was another one started in this forum, a survival game. I got knocked out when for some stupid reason I thought playing at home would be enough for the Bengals to beat Tampa Bay in week 5. Despite the early exit that was good enough for a five-way tie for 5th place in our 32-team league. Two players, Miguel and tedster822 were the only remaining participants after week 8, with tedster (Browns) finally eliminating Miguel (Raiders) in week 12.

Let's see, last year I was in 3 ESPN leagues. All 3 made the playoffs at: 11-2, 8-5, and 8-5.

My 11-2 team seemed to mirror the Pats last year. I crushed teams all season and then lost in my first playoff game :p. It was tough as I had the best team, but had my worst week vs their best :bricks: and then came back in the second week to all most win it.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back