PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Game Thread- Pats @ Jets

Status
Not open for further replies.
You know what the proof is in that clip that Jamie Collins is something less than mature? The fact that it says "Collins Sr." on the back of his uniform.

The dude isn't even 30! Suddenly, in Cleveland he's Collins Sr., either cause it sounds cool or cause he named his kid 'Jamie'... either way, a little douchey for a guy you're going to entrust your defense to.

There's a couple other guys doing it too now. Christine Michael is 'Michael Sr.' and he's known for being a knucklehead.

Lol seriously cannot believe you are actually complaining about this. And rationalizing it as being proud to have a son named after you ( or being named after your father) shows a lack of maturity. This has to be a joke.

If Oakland and the Pats end up tied they could very easily have the same conference record. The Pats could then lose the tiebreaker on #3, won-lost % in common games. If the Bills win next week in Oakland that would erase that common game advantage.

Fortunately, oakland has nothing but afc games left and the pats still have a game against the rams. If both teams win out, then oakland gets the tiebreaker by common opponents win-loss percentage as you say. That bills game may hurt us in the end.

Last edited:
That was clearly an example and anyway, you don't need to be able to teach others about football to be right/wrong about football.

I expected negative feedback and that's fine. I always get negative feedback on my bold opinions.
Whatever else, you're certainly kind of full of yourself, aren't you? Hawt taek! You should try it out on Deadspin.

As many have said, you can't measure someone's heart and will to win. Tom Brady reaches into a place that few people have ever fiiybd and finds ways to win when the game is on the line. Never seen an athlete as good in pressure situations.

Pats fans should be used to this scenario by now.

When the season starts and everyone is healthy, the Pats usually look like the class of the league, like last year starting 10-0, and elevate expectations.

Then the inevitable, and unpredictable injuries that come from playing a violent, collision sport, start to multiply and change the dynamics of the whole NFL*.

The Pats suffer from the additional whammy of being the standard other teams measure themselves by, and always getting other teams' "A game", as they play their proxy Superbowls.

The Pats get no breathers, and combined with the longer season each year due to the Pats always being in the playoffs and the NFL*'s moronic decision to play Thursday night games, leads to some players getting so much abuse it shouldn't be a surprise when their bodies break down.

As if that isn't enough, the NFL* invents offenses so that they can throw even more roadblocks in the Pats' way.

I'd add that when you have such consistent greatness like 16 seasons with a greater than .500 record and a QB with 200 career wins, you end up with consistently inferior draft position and end up having to take a lot more chances on players with injury histories in the hope of finding talent.

I'd add that when you have such consistent greatness like 16 seasons with a greater than .500 record and a QB with 200 career wins, you end up with consistently inferior draft position and end up having to take a lot more chances on players with injury histories in the hope of finding talent.
Yep. The most recent example: there's a good chance that the other 3 teams that played in the league championship games last year won't even make the playoffs.

Thanks Sup, backs are notoriously difficult and I certainly wish you a pain free future. Rob reportedly had two disc surgeries (among many others), one in college 2009 and again in 2013:
Gronk to undergo back surgery Tuesday
Patriots TE Rob Gronkowski can return from back surgery, but will he be same dominant player? - The Boston Globe
For Gronk, road back was tougher than it looked
Apologies, Mack. I stand corrected and appreciate the links. Much like JJ Watt, he will likely have issues the rest of his life. I should've known better than to question you, but there was no mention in the first article and I didn't remember a second diskectomy.

On a side note--how about the quote from former OT Turley stating that it was "asinine" for him to be at training camp only 4 months after surgery? I guess Bill O'Brien and the Texans weren't paying attention with their franchise player in Watt!!

Apologies, Mack. I stand corrected and appreciate the links. Much like JJ Watt, he will likely have issues the rest of his life. I should've known better than to question you, but there was no mention in the first article and I didn't remember a second diskectomy.

On a side note--how about the quote from former OT Turley stating that it was "asinine" for him to be at training camp only 4 months after surgery? I guess Bill O'Brien and the Texans weren't paying attention with their franchise player in Watt!!
Sobering words @supafly. Few of us can appreciate the degree to which professional football ravages players' bodies. You obviously understand better than most. It disturbs me when fans sitting in their living rooms with a beer question a player's courage, manhood, or decision whether to play because it interferes with their entertainment.

To me that means nothing when you look at a guy who he's creeping up to in TDs....Antonio Gates. Look at this injury history....

View attachment 14939

And this isn't even a full list...it only goes up to 2012....I'm sure he's had plenty more since then. In fact I'm pretty sure he missed a game or two this season because Hunter Henry started some.

Gates has averaged 13.2 starts per 16-game season vs Gronk at ~11.2 starts. 2 games a season adds up, so even with your example, it still isn't even close (and it isn't even including playoff games missed...)

I also worry about possible rift in the locker room with the offense. Bennett is a beast of a TE, gutting it out on a bum ankle and he watch Gronk get treated with kid gloves. As a fan, that leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, I wonder if Bennett looks at Gronk and wonders why either A. he can't tought it out, or B. the Team treats him with kid gloves while throwing Marty out there with an injury. I don't like it.

Gates has averaged 13.2 starts per 16-game season vs Gronk at ~11.2 starts. 2 games a season adds up, so even with your example, it still isn't even close (and it isn't even including playoff games missed...)

I also worry about possible rift in the locker room with the offense. Bennett is a beast of a TE, gutting it out on a bum ankle and he watch Gronk get treated with kid gloves. As a fan, that leaves a really bad taste in my mouth, I wonder if Bennett looks at Gronk and wonders why either A. he can't tought it out, or B. the Team treats him with kid gloves while throwing Marty out there with an injury. I don't like it.

Ok, how to unpack this....

1)Out of a possible 96 games prior to this season, he's played in 80. He hasn’t missed many games the last couple years, and prior to that time missed was due to a dirty hit and a freak arm injury. And, it's not just him. This is the nature of the TE position. We just have a problem seeing the forest for the trees. The tight end fragility rate for the entire league in recent years is terrifying.

Physical Fragility Rates and the Tight End Risk Quotient - Player Profiler

TEs miss 16.8% of their games due to injury.

2)Your Bennett concerns are unwarranted and false. Bennett was out there during the game cheering on the guys to step it up after he made that catch. They don't "throw him out there". He's actually gotten hurt earlier this year and gone back in; that's just the player he is. And Gronk has "toughed it out" to the tune of playing with a freaking perforated lung after taken what he called the hardest hit he ever took. Just look at what Bennett's said after the game about him being glad to be on a 9 win team.

Is this really a guy you want to say is upset because of an issue that doesn't exist? Come on, stop it.

2 pt conversion. See A.R.11.2, bottom.

2 pt conversion. See A.R.11.2, bottom.

No, that would only apply if he hadn't gone out of bounds. He never established himself in bounds in the end zone.

I've noticed a lot of players having Sr., III, IV, or V on the back of their jerseys this year. Seems trendy.

It's all because of RGIII. If RGIII never came into the NYJFL* all hyped up with the trademark RGIII nickname we would never have seen any of those designations on the jersey.

I'm guessing it wasn't allowed previously and they made the change for the marketing value for the NYJFL*.

It's all because of RGIII. If RGIII never came into the NYJFL* all hyped up with the trademark RGIII nickname we would never have seen any of those designations on the jersey.

I'm guessing it wasn't allowed previously and they made the change for the marketing value for the NYJFL*.
Well, in the case of Jamie Collins, he didn't want anyone to confuse him with his newborn son. :D

Lol seriously cannot believe you are actually complaining about this. And rationalizing it as being proud to have a son named after you ( or being named after your father) shows a lack of maturity. This has to be a joke.

You run out there with "Sr." on your jersey, it's an alpha expression (like a badass tattoo, or that moron David Boston who used to wear red contact lenses). It's an obnoxious little thing that shows a lack of maturity.

Did it say Collins Sr. when he was here?

And btw... "proud to have a son named after you".... ? Like naming your son after yourself--perhaps because you're a narcissist--is some kind of accomplishment?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back