PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post game thoughts....the short version

Status
Not open for further replies.
The key point is that it isn't black or white. He isn't consistently good or a complete disaster. He is currently somewhere in the middle and nothing he did last night shifted the meter much in either direction. He showed enough in 2009 and in flashes since to think he could be a solid CB in the league. He isn't there yet and nobody outside Belichick knows when the clock strikes midnight for him. Since Arrington didn't distinguish himself last night either, Wilhite was pretty awful in the time he played and Dowling can't seem to get on the field, I'm thinking Butler will get more chances to prove he can be a playmaker (and not just a conservative deep ball prevention guy).

Butler needs to do well this year or at least start showing some movement into the Shows Improvement zone, if he doesn't I'll be flashing back to you-know-who. But I agree, I think he gets a shot at it and I hope he proves us all wrong and rocks.

I'm psyched about the D, Ridley-what can we say? He's a tough, heads-up player and he goes for the ball. Hoyer is looking very good, even though it's just preseason I thought he managed his game really well.

I can't wait to see Haynsworth. I can't wait to see the starting D put it all out there. It's gonna be a fun year:D

What did you guys make of Meriweather and Chung switching spots at safety last night? Do you think that was just an experiment or a potential permanent switch?

I thought the switch didn't improve Chung's catching ability a whit. :eek:

The key point is that it isn't black or white. He isn't consistently good or a complete disaster. He is currently somewhere in the middle and nothing he did last night shifted the meter much in either direction. He showed enough in 2009 and in flashes since to think he could be a solid CB in the league. He isn't there yet and nobody outside Belichick knows when the clock strikes midnight for him. Since Arrington didn't distinguish himself last night either, Wilhite was pretty awful in the time he played and Dowling can't seem to get on the field, I'm thinking Butler will get more chances to prove he can be a playmaker (and not just a conservative deep ball prevention guy).

I disagree. I think the key point is that this guy has been on the roster, going on year 3 now, based on perceived upside. Flashes only get you so far, at some point he needs to step it up. And I have to think that the time is now. So playing how he always played is a negative thing, in a progressive way that is worse and worse as time passes.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back