PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post-game snippets...

Status
Not open for further replies.

patsox23

Experienced Starter w/First Big Contract
Reaction score
Ugly-ish 1st half. Tommy overthrows, WR drops, including Deion who did not have a single drop in 2004. Made up for it in the 2nd half.

Dillon - got some gutty yards, but he's still hurting and the patchwork OL hasn't consistently blocked well for the run all year.

Winning while giving Bruschi another week off - nice.

Beisel did okay and, Hey, Chad Brown - welcome to the season.

McGinest and Colvin - Monsters.

Asante and Geno - WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? Great showing. I'm sure Rodney was beaming on the sidelines.

Ben Watson - ridiculous play. Just awesome. Coates-esque.

Tim Dwight - worst game of year. A poor job tonight. We forgive you. Get 'em next time.

Andre Davis - GREAT special teams work and solid contribution to the O. Bethel's gone next year.

Kevin Faulk - very solid, vastly underrated player. Clutch, productive, you deserve the raves from post-game Belichick.

Secondary - Pats have a legitimately HUGE worry, given their shoddy play in the first half. It's going to be WAY harder against Indy or Denver. 2nd half gave me a bit more hope.

Mangini - a terrific job playcalling. Asante's INT was all him.

Belichick - Obviously a great night for him and the team, but how on EARTH do you not bring in Flutie for the last series???

patsox23 said:
Ugly-ish 1st half. Tommy overthrows, WR drops, including Deion who did not have a single drop in 2004. Made up for it in the 2nd half.

Dillon - got some gutty yards, but he's still hurting and the patchwork OL hasn't consistently blocked well for the run all year.

Winning while giving Bruschi another week off - nice.

Beisel did okay and, Hey, Chad Brown - welcome to the season.

McGinest and Colvin - Monsters.

Asante and Geno - WHAT TOOK YOU SO LONG? Great showing. I'm sure Rodney was beaming on the sidelines.

Ben Watson - ridiculous play. Just awesome. Coates-esque.

Tim Dwight - worst game of year. A poor job tonight. We forgive you. Get 'em next time.

Andre Davis - GREAT special teams work and solid contribution to the O. Bethel's gone next year.

Kevin Faulk - very solid, vastly underrated player. Clutch, productive, you deserve the raves from post-game Belichick.

Secondary - Pats have a legitimately HUGE worry, given their shoddy play in the first half. It's going to be WAY harder against Indy or Denver. 2nd half gave me a bit more hope.

Mangini - a terrific job playcalling. Asante's INT was all him.

Belichick - Obviously a great night for him and the team, but how on EARTH do you not bring in Flutie for the last series???

How can you trash a secondary after allowing 3 points and 1-12 on 3rd down?
Yes, they completed a few passes. Every team does against every defense. For the record Leftwich completed less than 60% for less than 10 yards a completion, which adds up to good pass D. Did you think we could get 6 sacks without good coverage? Or go 1-12 on 3rd of the secondary played "shoddy"???????????????

By the way, why bring in Flutie when he is retiring when Cassell is staying and can benefit from the experience?

I hate it when you get so morbid AJ. ;)

aj, you make a good point re: the secondary, but I guess I just worry about facing better, and more balanced, offenses. And I did mean the secondary IN THE 1ST HALF.

As for the Flutie/Cassel thing - eh. I think the experience Cassel got tonight could be valuable - someday he'll play "for real" and he can take solace in the fact that he's "been there," but I think we're overrating what he faced tonight. I would like to have seen Flutie get a post-season moment before the fans and a national audience, but it obviously couldn't be less of a big deal.

GREAT WIN tonight, no denying that.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey