PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

(Post Edit): Breaking: NFL Ref's Press Conference Just Blew Deflategate To Pieces!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Just saw Felger on Sports Tonight. I want him run out of town on a rail, that smarmy cynical *******. Everyone else (Beetle included) agreeing that the NFL pretty much has no case, and he's over there sneering 'No no...I can't imagine that Patriots EVER cheating on rule like that, not them! Not the Patriots! They'd NEVER do that!'

**** him. Seriously.
I can't believe Troy and Ty don't just punch him.

The REAL case begins now but the media in this country is disgusting and shameful. I put journalists at the absolute bottom rung now. They are beneath criminal.

Just saw Felger on Sports Tonight. I want him run out of town on a rail, that smarmy cynical *******. Everyone else (Beetle included) agreeing that the NFL pretty much has no case, and he's over there sneering 'No no...I can't imagine that Patriots EVER cheating on rule like that, not them! Not the Patriots! They'd NEVER do that!'

**** him. Seriously.
He's the resident idiot ..er contrarian.

The refs would have used an electric pump. Thats what they did in the MMQB video and I believe what blandino even said.

My point is if they did not use the same device to inflate both sets of balls, the temp of the air used to fill the Colts' balls could have been a completely different temp than the air used to fill the Patriots' footballs. In other words, if during pregame the Colts' balls were already at an approved PSI rating when the ref checked them, and the Patriots had to have theirs filled with an entirely different "filling device", the rate at which they would lose pressure would be completely different.

The only point the Patriots have to make when the "Why didn't the Colts' balls deflate?" question comes up is - If the same device was NOT used to inflate both sets of balls, the difference in deflation rate is not only logical...its expected due to the difference in temp of the air used to inflate both sets.

Side note: I will no longer be able to take Neil Degrasse Tyson seriously. Not knowing the difference between psi and psig is ridiculous.

The REAL case begins now but the media in this country is disgusting and shameful. I put journalists at the absolute bottom rung now. They are beneath criminal.
They are beneath slugs

My point is if they did not use the same device to inflate both sets of balls, the temp of the air used to fill the Colts' balls could have been a completely different temp than the air used to fill the Patriots' footballs. In other words, if during pregame the Colts' balls were already at an approved PSI rating when the ref checked them, and the Patriots had to have theirs filled with an entirely different "filling device", the rate at which they would lose pressure would be completely different.

The only point the Patriots have to make when the "Why didn't the Colts' balls deflate?" question comes up is - If the same device was NOT used to inflate both sets of balls, the difference in deflation rate is not only logical...its expected due to the difference in temp of the air used to inflate both sets.

Side note: I will no longer be able to take Neil Degrasse Tyson seriously. Not knowing the difference between psi and psig is ridiculous.

How often are new balls used? They always say they practice with them, but then there are strict breaking in techniques...is it once a season? Once a week? Every game?

Eli's footballs are months in the making.

I'm guessing the balls are just topped off before the game, a couple PSI. The colts balls could have been filled up in IN.

,So let me get this right....blandino says off the record that ref used a gauge. And your going to tell me that no one asked him what were the readings? He just walked by and threw it out there? A ****e storm would have occurred there . Off the record chat and no other info? Not even to say he wouldn't answer any questions ?
So we are supposed to believe Blan off the record but not BB TFB and Kraft on the record?
A little lie off the record is much easier, then to tell at a PC . Oh yea he can deny it easier.
And btw, I could give a CR++ what anyone thinks besides the Pats. Goodell will do what he wants. BUt other teams better remember this, the harder he is on the Pats, the harder he will come down on them for violations>>tampering

ps Blandino says that the NFL believes that the footballs were properly inflated and tested by Walt Anderson
Ball boy says he was taking a piss !

Last edited:
Does anyone have a full video link of the full presser?

Ummm -- who do you think any appeal will be to? You have one guess. The person's name starts with "G" and ends in "l". Why on earth do you think NE would win any appeal?

Actually the final court of appeal will be the annual owners meeting. There are a couple of reasons I think Bob Kraft wins that appeal. One is his standing with the other owners, cemented when he was pivotal in getting the last contract done even though his wife was dying while he was working on it. Another is Goodell's total incompetence in handling this.

How often are new balls used? They always say they practice with them, but then there are strict breaking in techniques...is it once a season? Once a week? Every game?

Eli's footballs are months in the making.

I'm guessing the balls are just topped off before the game, a couple PSI. The colts balls could have been filled up in IN.

If the temperature of the air used to fill each set of balls was not exactly the same, the rate at which the balls lose pressure would be different. The only way this temp could remain consistent would be to use the same device to inflate both sets of balls. If the Colts arrived in NE with their balls already inflated to the appropriate pressure, and the Patriots had to have theirs filled, the difference in the rate of deflation is 100% understandable...unless you're a complete moron like Peter King.

If the temperature of the air used to fill each set of balls was not exactly the same, the rate at which the balls lose pressure would be different. The only way this temp could remain consistent would be to use the same device to inflate both sets of balls. If the Colts arrived in NE with their balls already inflated to the appropriate pressure, and the Patriots had to have theirs filled, the difference in the rate of deflation is 100% understandable...unless you're a complete moron like Peter King.

Exactly. I'm just curious what are the chances the balls are filled up from 0 the day before the game. They were probably filled up during training camp.

Actually the final court of appeal will be the annual owners meeting.

I don't think so. SI's Michael McCann (a sports laywer) says the following:

McCann said:
Whether Goodell or the Executive Committee issues a punishment, the ruling would be "final, conclusive and unappealable." This language would make it extremely difficult for the Patriots to petition a judge to review a league-imposed punishment. The Patriots, like other teams, have also contractually assented not to sue the league or each other.
(If Goodell wants to levy a punishment more severe than the penalties explicitly listed in the Constitution and Bylaws he can ask the Executive Committee for a harsher punishment, hence the reference to the EC in that quote)

http://www.si.com/nfl/2015/01/21/ne...tegate-investigation-bill-belichick-tom-brady

Exactly. I'm just curious what are the chances the balls are filled up from 0 the day before the game. They were probably filled up during training camp.
Didn't BB say they use the balls in practice? You may be right, they could be filled before the seaspn starts and the ref's add air as needed.

Two of the profs in the NYT article made the same mistake. One of them at MIT.

...Side note: I will no longer be able to take Neil Degrasse Tyson seriously. Not knowing the difference between psi and psig is ridiculous.

How about not knowing the difference between a 12-4 team and a 7-9 team?
poke.gif

Didn't BB say they use the balls in practice? You may be right, they could be filled before the seaspn starts and the ref's add air as needed.

And that is the reason the entire rule is ludicrous. Unless you control for all potential variables, things like this happen. Regardless of when the balls were filled, if different devices were used to fill the balls, the temperature of the air used to fill them was different. Once that happens the rate of deflation will vary. That could very easily explain what happened in the AFC Championship Game. Unless the proverbial smoking gun comes to light, I see no way the Pats can be punished.

How about not knowing the difference between a 12-4 team and a 7-9 team?

One is projection without the abilities of a soothsayer, while the other is 8th grade science.

One is projection without the abilities of a soothsayer, while the other is 8th grade science.

Both are a product of foolishness.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Not a First Round Pick? Hoge Doubles Down on Maye
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/11: News and Notes
MORSE: Patriots Mock Draft #5 and Thoughts About Dugger Signing
Matthew Slater Set For New Role With Patriots
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/10: News and Notes