PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Draft Scouting Report: Vincent Valentine, DT

I am in complete, 100% agreement with your initial assessment of this pick.

Bill has, once again, completely fecked-up a top-100 pick.

How the feck can he see DTs Hasaan Ridgeway, Willie Henry & Andrew Billings, and DE Charles Tapper,
and then decide to take a slow, lazy, injury-prone tub of useless goo?

Bill absolutely sucks at drafting. His arrogance & incompetence is killing this franchise, and that will be most evident the microsecond that Brady retires, which will now be sooner than hoped because Brady now has the league's Worst group of Both OLmen & RBs with which to work, and his career will suffer accordingly without either a running game or even decent protection.

Nobody, I mean nobody, trolls like the Cap. Stay strong in the face of waves of evidence, another twenty years and you'll be vindicated!

I'm on the fence with this player. When he decides not to be a lard arse, he can definitely bring it. He and his teammate, who was drafted earlier, really dominated the Spartans like no other team. Other than the Crimson Tide.

But his pitiful upper body strength--his lower half looks exceptional--puts him below some DBs on the team. He only did 18 reps on the bench press. As a comparison, Vince Wolfork did 36 coming out of Miami.

I think this guy needs a lot of grooming. I don't think Belichick envisions him of being much of a year one contributor. But if and when a big-bodied veteran leaves in a year or two at DT, let's hope Valentine will have been "coached up." We'll see.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back