PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Draft Scouting Report: Ted Karras, OG

Mongo Jr Karras = pure, unathletic TC fodder.

Another wasted draft pick in years & years & years of them.

I hope this tenacious player is able to stick, at least as a practice squad individual. But the odds are that Cap'n Stone is correct--TC fodder because of an inability to reach the second level of defenders with his limited athleticism and too many players ahead of him in the stacked confines of our interior OL.

A player who has an undoubtedly higher ceiling but perhaps less of a collegiate pedigree is Michigan State's Joel Heath, the DE who bulked up to become a DT, who is a priority free agent with the Texans.

Both young men have sterling characters.

I liked Heath also, as a late 6th/7th-round guy if a DT had not yet been chosen.

It would not at all surprise to see Heath have a longer, more productive career than slow, lazy, injury-prone Fat Vinnie Valentine.

You forgot to mention weak, at least his upper body. Darryl Roberts, the Patriots rookie DB last year, did more bench presses than Valentine, 23 to 18. Darryl Roberts | Marshall, CB : 2015 NFL Draft Scout Player Profile

So? Bench press has the lowest correlation of pro success of any of the combine drills, based on the research I've seen. Bench press may be a useful exercise for strength training, but it is in no way an accurate representation of actual functional strength.

So? Bench press has the lowest correlation of pro success of any of the combine drills, based on the research I've seen. Bench press may be a useful exercise for strength training, but it is in no way an accurate representation of actual functional strength.

Not surprising, really, since it doesn't mimic any common football action.

In the first preseason game, karras was very nasty, but lacks the technique and feet to make the team this year.

Great practice squad candidate.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back