PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post draft "Power Ranking"

Status
Not open for further replies.

PATSNUTme

Paranoid Homer ex-moderator
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
NY Giants - "They are a young team and need to improve in some areas, but why can't they repeat?"

Answer - Because Gronk's ankle is healthy now.

Last edited:
By Pete Prisco

I should have stopped right there. The stupidity of his arguments for #1-4 finally made me stop after the Patriots. It just got to be too much like reading a Jets board.

These things really mean nothing during the season and less during the off-season.

But, what the hell, it's something to have a little fun with during the NFL's dead season.

Power Rankings: While Peyton wins offseason, Eli's Giants still favorite - NFL - CBSSports.com News, Rumors, Scores, Stats, Fantasy

Patriots ranked #4
Jets ranked #19:rofl: Those 2 super star draft choices must have made a real impression.

Post-draft power ranking:

1. GRONK spikes
2. Who cares? :)

Pats- 27-5 over last two seasons, and the most consistent team in the NFL; also possibly the best team ever at meeting high expectations. Improved in numerous areas.

Texans- 16-16 over the last two seasons. Maybe the worst team in the NFL at meeting high expectations. Lost their best defensive player.

Texans ranked above Patriots.

Pats- 27-5 over last two seasons, and the most consistent team in the NFL; also possibly the best team ever at meeting high expectations. Improved in numerous areas.

Texans- 16-16 over the last two seasons. Maybe the worst team in the NFL at meeting high expectations. Lost their best defensive player.

Yep..... and he could have taken his Giants rationale, applied it to the Patriots, and had a common sense 1/2 ranking right there. Instead, he chose to go full Prisco.

Last edited:
Might as well get used to this type of power ranking between now and at least the first few weeks of the season. Let's see:

1. Giants, defending champs.
2. Packers. "Learned lessons and improved after great but disappointing season; and we just love the way Aaron Rodgers plays the game plus he's cool and the Saints will be out of it."
3. 49ers. Sexy trendy pick #1
4. Texans. Sexy trendy pick #2 (who needs Mario?)
5. Pats. Yeah, them again. Significantly improved team that came a Pollard-induced injury from winning the Super Bowl, but, um ... but. ...

I've never agreed with putting the SB Champs first just because they were the SB champs. They were still 13-7.

1. Packers
2. Pats

Everyone else is way below these two teams.

Last edited:

I think the Texans will still be a competitive team certainly not at the Pats level.

Who cares about Power Rankings especially in May? I read them for entertainment purposes, but I guarantee you any Power Ranking in May is going to be very different than all the Power Rankings next January.

when is this damn season going to start?

I've never agreed with putting the SB Champs first just because they were the SB champs. They were still 11-7.

1. Packers
2. Pats

Everyone else is way below these two teams.

I don't mind the "they won, they're on top" rankings. What I mind is the whole "Houston might have been the best team in the AFC" argument putting the Texans above the Patriots when Green Bay clearly WAS the best team in the NFC, but they end up below the Giants.

Then again, it's Prisco. Consistency and intelligence are not hallmarks of his work.

I don't mind the "they won, they're on top" rankings. What I mind is the whole "Houston might have been the best team in the AFC" argument putting the Texans above the Patriots when Green Bay clearly WAS the best team in the NFC, but they end up below the Giants.

Then again, it's Prisco. Consistency and intelligence are not hallmarks of his work.
Last time I checked Tom Brady > Matt Schaub. The Giants deserve their number 1 ranking, the Patriots by way of 2011 accomplishment, their Superbowl berth and roster improvement should be number 2.

Strange rationale.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back