PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post-draft 53-man projection

Status
Not open for further replies.
That'd be a terribly stupid thing for BB to do.

That depends on how likely they feel he is to re-sign here. I think Spikes sees himself as a star and is going to want to be paid like one, and i'm guessing his next deal is going to be tough to get done ( He told his cousin, Takeo Spikes, that he wanted to be a household name after the SB, so i think he sees himself as a superstar). If I'm wrong and they think they can keep him then I would agree that he won't be going anywhere, but if they feel he is one and done and someone makes a really good offer he could be gone. I like what Spikes brings to this defense and i think this run defense is going to be exceptional as things stand now, but Belichick is pretty aggressive and i can see him making some deals this summer.

All of this is a guessing game and I'm simply guessing here, I like the player but that doesn't mean he's here for years to come. If he does stick and Jones and Hightower step right in then this is going to be a great LB corps: Jones, Spikes, Mayo Hightower, can't wait to see them lined up together.

If we sign a UDFA QB that COULD be (not saying it will be) a tip off that Hoyer could be traded. Mallett's development would be key.

Depending on injury this could be a great roster.

Maybe my memory is off on this one, and I haven't looked it up, but hasn't BB generally had 4 QBs in the offseason?

Isn't it pretty much a lock that the Pats will add a veteran RB? I just don't think BB trusts the young guys enough yet to the point that a guy like Hightower could play a key role.

While I'm sure Hoyer is a nice security blanket for Brady this season, his presence will really cut into the quality reps that Mallett needs to develop if he's the true heir that many believe him to be. Too bad he's so hard to move at this point, not a huge fan of Mallett being the QB3 for another year.

Last edited:
Isn't it pretty much a lock that the Pats will add a veteran RB? I just don't think BB trusts the young guys enough yet to the point that a guy like Hightower could play a key role.

Agreed. Double Hightowers. Make it happen BB.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes