Status
Not open for further replies.

mayoclinic

PatsFans.com Supporter
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Here the latest from Don Banks at CNNSI:

Aaron Curry goes No. 1 to Detroit Lions - Don Banks - SI.com

He has Laurinaitis to the Pats at #23 - ugh. Would take Everett Brown in a no-brainer, who he has going #25 to Miami. Sean Smith (going #26 to Baltimore), William Beatty (going #28 to Philadelphia), Alphonso Smith, Louis Delmas, and Connor Barwin (none going in the 1st round) would all be better choices.

Other notables:

- Clint Sintim and Larry English out of the 1st round.
- Donald Brown going #21 to Philadelphia, ahead of Chris Wells (#31 to Arizona) and behind Knowshon Moreno (#16 to San Diego).

Everett Brown at #23, Alphonso Smith at #33 or 34 (as part of a Cassel trade with Detroit or KC) and Louis Delmas at #47 (with a possible trade up) would be awfully sweet.

There's no way Brown will last till #23, let's pray for it.

A Smith ran a 4.58 yesterday. I think the combine clock is whacked. I think a lot of CB's are going to run on their pro day and run better times.

I was glad to see Tyson Jackson run poorly at the combine. I am still hoping he edrops to #23.

I want Larry English and Sean Smith, somehow.

I wonder what English would have run if he didn't add that 18 pounds since the Senior Bowl.

Dude those 18 pounds should be a huge red flag right there.

I haven't been able to confirm it, but those 18 lbs. may not be real. That was his listed weight on the official nfl.com site, but a number of reports have claimed that he actually weighed in at 254 lbs. (same as the Senior Bowl) and that the higher weight was an error. I can find links to these claims if people want. It appears that he did run a 4.80 40, regardless of his weight.

I'd assume that it was either an error, or that he was trying to bulk up to prove he could play some DE.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back