PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Post Bowl Game All Star Games

Some weigh in results and notes from NFL Draft Countdown:

- Kyle Long, OL, Oregon: 6' 6 1/8" 304# but only 32 1/4" arms. Comment: "T Rex arms with thick lower and underdeveloped upper." Ouch. Shades of Robert Gallery?

- Brian Winters, OL, Kent St.: 6' 3 1/2" 310# but also 32" arms. Comment: "Soft with short arms and thin lower body."

- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern: 6' 1 7/8" 341#. Comment: "STOUT! Barrel-chested with some definition."

Senior Bowl Weigh-In Results, NFL Draft - DraftCountdown.com

I'm not one to boast (ahem..) but:

#SeniorBowl standouts from the South today: M Gillislee, Q Patton, L McFadden, Terrance Williams, Z Ansah and Tyler Wilson

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftMonster/status/293492785808547841

:rocker: ;)

Watching the North on NFL Network, Eric Fisher was fantastic as was Datone Jones (v limited look) and Alex Okafor. Winters and Quessenberry looked good and while I thought Kyle Long struggled at OT, he looked very good at OG. Outstanding athleticism and he just dominates when blocking on the line. Really coming round to him.

Some weigh in results and notes from NFL Draft Countdown:

- Kyle Long, OL, Oregon: 6' 6 1/8" 304# but only 32 1/4" arms. Comment: "T Rex arms with thick lower and underdeveloped upper." Ouch. Shades of Robert Gallery?

- Brian Winters, OL, Kent St.: 6' 3 1/2" 310# but also 32" arms. Comment: "Soft with short arms and thin lower body."

- Brandon Williams, DT, Missouri Southern: 6' 1 7/8" 341#. Comment: "STOUT! Barrel-chested with some definition."

Senior Bowl Weigh-In Results, NFL Draft - DraftCountdown.com

The main board is nauseating right now. Don't feel like reading it for a little while.

I watched some of the Senior Bowl practices today. The guys who really stood out to me in a positive way were Sylvester Williams and Datone Jones. Williams is just dynamite penetrating from the 3-tech, and beat Winters once who looked like the best guard in the drills. Jones is a defensive end but looked like he should be an effective interior rusher in the NFL. Great quickness of the snap and looks absolutely shredded.

The main board is nauseating right now. Don't feel like reading it for a little while.

I watched some of the Senior Bowl practices today. The guys who really stood out to me in a positive way were Sylvester Williams and Datone Jones. Williams is just dynamite penetrating from the 3-tech, and beat Winters once who looked like the best guard in the drills. Jones is a defensive end but looked like he should be an effective interior rusher in the NFL. Great quickness of the snap and looks absolutely shredded.

The main board is nauseating pretty much all the time. I agree with you on Sylvester Williams. I'm not a fan of taking a 3-tech high, but if we were going to, Williams and Floyd would be my choices. Williams is probably the best at combining penetration and stoutness against the run. Datone Jones looked really explosive.

Shame we didn't see the South. I presume it will be their turn tomorrow.

glad to see i have a lot of the same favorites as Manx and that they stood out at the senior bowl

The main board is nauseating pretty much all the time. I agree with you on Sylvester Williams. I'm not a fan of taking a 3-tech high, but if we were going to, Williams and Floyd would be my choices. Williams is probably the best at combining penetration and stoutness against the run. Datone Jones looked really explosive.

Shame we didn't see the South. I presume it will be their turn tomorrow.

I had Sylvester Williams in a few mocks a while back. He's been a bit under the radar, and I what I like about him is exactly what Manx points out - he probably has the best combination of penetration and stoutness of any of the DT prospects. I think he could be a good value as a 2nd pick.

I've gone "all in" for Armond Armstead, but Datone Jones would be a very solid alternative. I like his physicality. I like Rob Ninkovich's playmaking ability, but I really want a more physical presence at LDE who can move inside as well.

If we added a guy like Williams and either Jones or Armstead then I think we would have gotten much more physical and explosive on our DL. That would work nicely for me.

I had Sylvester Williams in a few mocks a while back. He's been a bit under the radar, and I what I like about him is exactly what Manx points out - he probably has the best combination of penetration and stoutness of any of the DT prospects. I think he could be a good value as a 2nd pick.

I've gone "all in" for Armond Armstead, but Datone Jones would be a very solid alternative. I like his physicality. I like Rob Ninkovich's playmaking ability, but I really want a more physical presence at LDE who can move inside as well.

If we added a guy like Williams and either Jones or Armstead then I think we would have gotten much more physical and explosive on our DL. That would work nicely for me.

What do you think of Maliciah Goodman? His length is extraordinary and I get the impression he's starting to "get it". Tony Pauline said he had an impressive day:

Mon: Quick and very athletic. Showed better pass rushing moves compared to his game at Clemson. Good day overall for Goodman.

Senior Bowl: South Practice Page

I'm not one to boast (ahem..) but:

https://twitter.com/NFLDraftMonster/status/293492785808547841

:rocker: ;)

Watching the North on NFL Network, Eric Fisher was fantastic as was Datone Jones (v limited look) and Alex Okafor. Winters and Quessenberry looked good and while I thought Kyle Long struggled at OT, he looked very good at OG. Outstanding athleticism and he just dominates when blocking on the line. Really coming round to him.

Any news on Ansah's height and weight?

Agreed on Ninkovich. I would go further as to say he would benefit from a decrease in workload from every-down DE to sub rusher. He's small for a defensive end and gets pushed around sometimes against the run. I prefer him as a sparkplug guy than an every-down player.

One guy who did not shine when I was watching the North practices was DT Brandon Williams, who has been discussed here before. Didn't look particularly quick, didn't show any pop or 'wow' handwork.

Yeah that's what I meant. I assumed you would know if he eventually weighed in, or if he's eventually going to weigh in.

It was reported that he'll weigh in tonight. Apparently he arrived late and had to have a physical before he practiced which meant he missed the weigh-in. I'm looking forward to finding out.

It was reported that he'll weigh in tonight. Apparently he arrived late and had to have a physical before he practiced which meant he missed the weigh-in. I'm looking forward to finding out.

This is why you're the best.

Are you going to let us in on who is interesting you right now? Curious to see who you like.
My two favorite values before today were Datone Jones and Bennie Logan. Jones probably screwed that up today. I also like Nickell Robey as long as the Pats could keep him in the slot and not be forced to use him outside like they were with Arrington.

For a late round flier, I'll go with MarQueis Gray. He played QB and WR throughout his career at Minnesota, including having both a pass completion and a reception in three of his four seasons. Because of his 6'4", 250 pound size, I think his NFL future is at tight end.
Career stats:
Passing: 2053 yards, 14 TDs
Rushing: 1731 yards, 12 TDs
Receiving: 766 yards, 6 TDs

I'd rather address the secondary in free agency, where Charles Woodson is my top SS candidate and Keenan Lewis is my top CB.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes
Back