In the Starting Line-up
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
With Finneran and Jurevicius off the Market I was looking to
see what was left.
The three guys below were interesting and maybe in range of
what PATs apparently want to pay.

Jabar Gaffney http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/306271
( 26yr - good size - started most games )

Quincy Morgan http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/235232
( got some size - good returner )

Rod Gardner http://nfl.com/players/playerpage/235213
( Got size - didn't do much in GB .... may have been injured )

Gaffney looks interesting anybody got info on him?

I'd rather have Givens than any of them. :(

Any others?

Last edited:
I had him on my fantasy team and he didn't do sh!t, but that might have had a lot to do with the offense overall.

Let's stick with the draft

Maybe Gaffney, might do better with Brady throwing to him. Not to excited about the others although Quincy Morgan could do kick off return duties.

Not excited about any of them. Ehhh..

And now with Davis gone, Dwight visiting the Jests, Givens wanting a HUGE payday... wow, we're looking pretty thin.

No one wants Gaffney on there team.

He was the #1 guy last year for a period of about 5-8 weeks and he did nothing.

SeanBruschi54 said:
No one wants Gaffney on there team.

He was the #1 guy last year for a period of about 5-8 weeks and he did nothing.
So who do you like . . . we need names . . .

BelichickFan said:
So who do you like . . . we need names . . .
Reche Caldwell (if he wasnt resigned) and eric Moulds come to mind. But thats about it for this FA WR market. Guys like Hakim lead the league in drops, Finneran is too old and style doesnt fit the patriots overall, A. Bryant was/is a jerk, Bradford and gaffney are jokes. Bradford would be the better upside player if you had to have one. But thats about it.

Drafting and June 1st cuts might be the only other option.

Also Patten might be cut.

Moulds is the obvious choice if we can work out a deal with him and with the Bills. Patten signed a big deal, I don't remember was his signing bonus was, he may not be easily cuttable. He was a great #3, not sure if I'd want him at #2.

TO, baby! It's coming.

Last edited:
BelichickFan said:
Moulds is the obvious choice if we can work out a deal with him and with the Bills. Patten signed a big deal, I don't remember was his signing bonus was, he may not be easily cuttable. He was a great #3, not sure if I'd want him at #2.
Very true but Patten was very reliable at #2 when he was here. Not saying he would be JUST as reliable but reliable none the less. I dont think the skins will play him all that money to be the 4th!!!!!! WR on that team behind. Moss, Randel-El, and Lloyd. All with new contracts (minus Moss).

I think they cut him somehow.

Moulds might be the only viable option obviously with Givens out of reach as the new rumor is that the Titans offered more money than the Texans.

bucky said:
TO, baby! It's coming.
LMAO . . . can you imagine the upside and the downside if that happened :)

SeanBruschi54 said:
Very true but Patten was very reliable at #2 when he was here. Not saying he would be JUST as reliable but reliable none the less. I dont think the skins will play him all that money to be the 4th!!!!!! WR on that team behind. Moss, Randel-El, and Lloyd. All with new contracts (minus Moss).

I think they cut him somehow.
This is what I found on Patten :

"The Redskins are expected to pair Moss with former New England Patriots wideout David Patten, who was signed in March to a five-year, $13 million deal that included a $3.5 million bonus."

If the $3.5M was a signing bonus, that's $700K acceleration per year with $700K gone . . . it would cost them $2.8M to cut and they'd save his $1M salary so it would cost them close to $2M to dump. Not undoable but they're better off keeping him at a cap hit of $1.7M than dumping him at a cost of $1.8M. IMO, anyway.

BelichickFan said:
This is what I found on Patten :

"The Redskins are expected to pair Moss with former New England Patriots wideout David Patten, who was signed in March to a five-year, $13 million deal that included a $3.5 million bonus."

If the $3.5M was a signing bonus, that's $700K acceleration per year with $700K gone . . . it would cost them $2.8M to cut and they'd save his $1M salary so it would cost them close to $2M to dump. Not undoable but they're better off keeping him at a cap hit of $1.7M than dumping him at a cost of $1.8M. IMO, anyway.

If they cut him after 6/1, they would take a $700K cap hit this year and the other $2.1 mil next year. But I agree that they're better off keeping him. I'm not sure Lloyd and Randle El are that much better WRs than Patten.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back