PatsFans.com Veteran
PatsFans.com Supporter
Reaction score
Adams up from the Practice Squad
Nunn up from the Practice Squad
sign Britt or another OT
sign another special teamer
====================
There are several players banged up a bit: Wilfork, Wright, Kaczur, Welker, Slater and Moss.
====================

Last edited:
It's Thursday, mg. If he was going to add guys they'd be added yesterday and who is he supposedly cutting to allow for all these additions...

Do you not believe Terdell Sands will be active?

QB12

I think they're going to add John Candy and River Phoenix.

They brought in Sands so unless he is not what they need, I really doubt they will move Adams up.
I didn't know Aikens was injured..if so that is news. If Moss AND Welker look like they are both going to be out, I do think Nunn could be activated, but they may not know that till the weekend...so that COULD be an activation Saturday.
With Kaczur injured, they could make a move and Britt would make sense, but I tend to think that would have already happened if they thought it would be an issue.
Not sure why they would bring in a special teamer..I think they are happy with Lockett and Slater played some last week..so I really only see a few moves possible and more likely none.

they're both day-to day:dead

Yeah, but you know how the Pats can wring new life out of guys like that...

Heck, they've already got Andre the Giant wandering around the locker room.

Last edited:
I think it's also interesting how so many thought that they would make a move for a QB after game one and that isn't even mentioned now. I tend to think that they will stay with just Hoyer for a lot of the season. Maybe they have not brought in another because there were other moves more important. It seems in many ways, the only thing in midseason form is the injury list, which was quite long since the first week.

I think it's also interesting how so many thought that they would make a move for a QB after game one and that isn't even mentioned now. I tend to think that they will stay with just Hoyer for a lot of the season. Maybe they have not brought in another because there were other moves more important. It seems in many ways, the only thing in midseason form is the injury list, which was quite long since the first week.

Also, we have a QB on the p-squad. Young QB's are scary to us. Maybe not to Bill.

Why do you start these inane threads every week?

He's made the changes for the week.

Week 5 Roster Additions would be a better thread. If it was posted Monday Morning next week.

Nunn would be the only possibility.

We don't need another OT as LeVoir will be available 2 weeks from Monday.

Week 5 Roster Additions would be a better thread. If it was posted Monday Morning next week.

Actually if Kaczur was injured they WOULD need another tackle. And as of yesterday when he did not practice, that was MORE of a possibility. That he practiced today is good news..but if he's not really 80% or so, a move could be made. There's no way they will go into a game with 2 healthy tackles, one injured..unless they plan on using one of the guards in an emergency situation.
I agree Nunn is possible as well.

Didn't Britt get picked up? Oh just checked with NFL.com players listing...he's still out there. That would be cool. He always played well when he was here.

Also, we have a QB on the p-squad. Young QB's are scary to us. Maybe not to Bill.

Yah, saw him at the game Sunday. He was hanging around the sidelines and went into the BB/Brady huddles on time outs. In sweats. Seemed really into the game.

There seem to be those who like to flame because they think activations should be made early in the week. It is not at all unusual to find out on Saturday that someone has been activated from the Practice Squad to the 53 man squad. So, Thursday isn't too LATE to activate Nunn or Adams. Also if there it isn't to LATE to activate Britt who was in camp the entire offseason.

If folks here think that Lockett should be locked into the 53 man roster because there has been no activation notice by Thursday afternoon, I believe that is their issue and misanalysis.

Actually if Kaczur was injured they WOULD need another tackle. And as of yesterday when he did not practice, that was MORE of a possibility. That he practiced today is good news..but if he's not really 80% or so, a move could be made. There's no way they will go into a game with 2 healthy tackles, one injured..unless they plan on using one of the guards in an emergency situation.
I agree Nunn is possible as well.

I'm pretty sure Kaczur was at practice today though.

You're right. The most likely roster additions are LeVoir and possibly

Tate after the bye week.

So, if Kaczur were injured, your solution would be to play with two OT's because LeVoir is eligible to start PRACTICING for the first time in time to activated for Game 7?

I still think my solution is better. If there is ANY doubt with regard to the availability of Kaczur, then Britt should be picked up for the next three weeks, or until LeVoir is ready.

It is the hope of all of us that Kaczur is close to 100% and this is not an issue.

However, the bottom line is that it makes little difference if LeVoir will be ready in 3-5 weeks. Either we have a short term need or we don't.

sign another special teamer
They need room but if they cut Lockett they'd have room to sign another STer, and Lockett would be available if he cleared waivers.

There seem to be those who like to flame because they think activations should be made early in the week. It is not at all unusual to find out on Saturday that someone has been activated from the Practice Squad to the 53 man squad. So, Thursday isn't too LATE to activate Nunn or Adams. Also if there it isn't to LATE to activate Britt who was in camp the entire offseason.

If folks here think that Lockett should be locked into the 53 man roster because there has been no activation notice by Thursday afternoon, I believe that is their issue and misanalysis.

The question remains: Who will be waived/IRed to make room for any additions?

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes