PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible trial balloon leak...4 game missed pay for Brady instead of suspension?

Status
Not open for further replies.

sb1

PatsFans.com Retired Jersey Club
Reaction score
Speculation from PFT. I bet this idea is being floated by the league as a compromise.

I'm ok with this kind of fine for the non cooperation thing but the NFL MUST say that cheating did not occur otherwise it's off to court.

Wouldn't that kind of fine exceed the maximum amount a player can be fined? If he's losing it due to suspension it's different, but if it's just a fine with no games missed, I think the max is $250,000, unless I'm mistaken.

Volin is tweeting the same thing
@BenVolin: Most Pats fans seem OK with a 4-game fine as long as Brady doesn't miss a game, but a vocal minority would want him to go to court, anyway

a $2 million fine? team only paid $1 million.

fine should be for a dollar amount (e.g. $100K) rather than a number of games

if there is a fine at all, and this is just an example. all other fines for defenseless receiver, etc... are for dollar amounts.

I'm OK with the NFL fining Goodell 1/4 of his salary for this clusterf.ck, and yes, it should go to Brady, he can give it to charity or me, either is fine with me.

Brady shouldn't accept any fine that exceeds Fabre's.

No he shouldn't. **** Volin, accepting anything like that is going to be taken as "See! He did cheat after all. Kraft used his influence with Goodell!"

@BenVolin: Most Pats fans seem OK with a 4-game fine as long as Brady doesn't miss a game, but a vocal minority would want him to go to court, anyway
How would he possibly know what most fans would be OK with and that the vocal fans are in the minority?
He is simply making it up, since there has been like an hour for him to gauge the feelings of the silent 'majority'.

Unacceptable.

The agreement to accept any punishment (suspension or fine) is an admission of guilt. Seeing as how the NFL has no proof, and the fact that Brady is not guilty of any wrongdoing, either the NFL drops all penalties or we see you in federal court Roger

Where does Volin come up with this stuff? And of course Donaldson thinks that a 2 game suspension is fine. Both of these punishments would be for an action that never even occurred so I wonder what would happen if their respective bosses arbitrarily suspended them or docked them a month's pay just because of some imaginary affront to journalism.
It will end up in court, Goodell lacks the intelligence to weigh the evidence and put this whole sorry fantasy to bed.

Deflategate is a conspiracy between all the league owners and their trained monkey Goodell to bring parity to the NFL and bring down the Patriots.

Fining Brady 4 game checks will not acheive this objective.

This rumor is nonsense.

Donaldson should confess to beating his wife.

Nope, that's still a hunk of **** and makes no sense.

Trollin' Volin strikes again!

"Most Pats Fans" He sure as hell didn't visit this board.

Idiot.

Yes, because Ben Volin has his finger on the pulse of the Patriots' fans' opinions.:rolleyes:

Personally, I want Brady to do whatever he wants to do. It is his reputation. I wanted Kraft to fight to the bitter end because he is representing the Patriots' best interests, but Brady is representing his own best interests.

I personally would want Brady to fight until he is totally exonerated, but I support whatever he decides to do.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back