Not open for further replies.

Iron Helmet

On the Game Day Roster
Reaction score
Branch for Lofa Tatupu, straight up.

Iron Helmet said:
Come on be serious.

People stop making stupid threads like this.

Iron Helmet said:
hmmm... I would do that but I seriously doubt the hawks would...

My other possible trade is a #1 and Kacyvenski

Iron Helmet said:
My other possible trade is a #1 and Kacyvenski

Or Koutouvides.

(what's with these Seahawks LB names?)

Iron Helmet said:

congrats ******. peope at Seahawk forums are laughing @ u

Remix 6 said:

Assuming he's the same guy as on ESPN (probably not).

Last edited:
One Seahawks fan said "I wouldn't trade Brady for Tatupu"

Every village has at least one

^well i can accept that..Tatupu is an up and coming star while they also have a good QB..why lose them for a better QB when its not a problem?

Remix 6 said:

You are the idiot. I checked your posts. Essentially you state the obvious, never forming your own opinion.

Tatupu for Branch is not far fetched. People are tossing around a #1 plus Engram...

Tatupu for Branch would work for both sides. Are you content with Bruschi and Seau in the middle (combined age 70+)? This is a band aid fix. Seau is gone after this year. Bruschi is in the twilight, and we have NO heir apparent to control the middle of the defense. Tatupu only has 2 years in the league, and shows potential...Deion is a STUD, essentially uncoverable in one on one coverage, entering the prime of his career. Their best WR is D Jackson. Old, and injured. Far fetched? I don't think so. No more than any other possible scenario mentioned on this board.

What possibilities can you enlighten us with, O Intelligent One?

heh, you're asking a lot IH ( from remix, that is)

would take the trade in a heartbeat, but it wouldn't help us this year, and it would never happen. nice thought though.

HOW would it work for both sides? Does Lofa have exp in 3-4? Who would play MLB for Seahawks? They do not need Branch. He would be their 2nd-3rd WR. They are just adding depth because DJax is injury prone and has some knee questions

why fix what aint broke? Its like Raiders offering Randy Moss for Richard Seymour. Hes our star..Lofa is theres. We could use RAndy. They could use Deion. But you dont destroy another position to add depth to one. I gurantee if u asked a GM around league what they thing about the trade they would laugh at you for 15 min straight

Has Lofa done something wrong? I could of sworn they raved about him so much last year and that he was a pro bowler too wasnt he?

Darrell Jackson(healthy) and Nate Burleson is a very good starting WR group. Last year they played with Jurevicious and Engram a lot because of DJax's knee..now..they add a guy who i think is better than Joe(Nate Burleson). They made SB..WR isnt a weak point unless injury occurs but i still think they would be fine. Whos behind Lofa? U dont trade a player for no reason. Now mr. Intelligent One, tell me whats wrong with Lofa in Seattle? And if they ever traded him Branch wouldnt be enough..Lofa is a lot better in value than Deion.

BTW. we are fans..people can toss around any trade option or rumor they want..does it have to be true? Tossing a 1st and Engam around..well Patriots asked for 2 first rounders..did they expect that? No..they want to keep Deion. Engram would be a good pickup as would a first but Patriots truthfully want Deion back

Last edited:
It's kind of nice to see that, so far, many Seahawk fans have a similar opinion of Branch as many do here. Of course, if they get him, and he does real well, many of those opinions would change. Many seem to be ripping Chayut too.

Last edited:
i like Deion...i havent said anything bad about him really. I hate his agent though..Deion isnt the guy who would want this situation with the holdout. He would of been better off without his agent. Hes not a top 10 WR though..hes being overvalued by his agent.

My bet would be that GM's will analyze moves with the betterment of the team in mind. The questions will be: Does our team OVERALL get better or worse with this personnel change?

I don't know alot about the Seahawks. I know that Tatupu was a 2nd round pick, is undersized, has alot of ability, and had a solid year last year. As far as the depth behind him, I can't speak to this either. I don't know the team like I know the Pats. I know Branch is a STUD. Proven. Period. Would the addition of Deion and a replacement for Tatupu make their team worse? It would depend on Tatupu's replacement. They bring on a guy like Sam Cowart or another veteran to fill the hole this year and use their #1 pick on a LB. Or perhaps there is a young player showing lots of promise on their team that I don't know about.

Bottom line: The decision process the Pats are going through and the variables being considered is going nothing like the speculation on this board is predicting. We are all taking shots in the dark to stay busy until we hear the deal. Until then, keep posting.

If I were a betting man, I say the Pats sign him. Branch, that is.

Last edited:
Hey Iron Helmet --

You know, when you put something in capital letters, it doesn't make it MORE TRUE than something in lowercase.

Seattle would laugh in your face if you proposed trading one year of Deion Branch for 4 years of Lofa Tatupu. Tatupu is probably already a top-5 ML. Branch is maybe top 20 at receiver, maybe. He's a liability in the red zone because he can't win physical matchups against defensive backs. That's why he doesn't score that much. (A STUD would score more touchdowns than Deion.) Deion is basically a very good between-the-twenties possession receiver.

Lofa at the Will position is already an outstanding player. Much harder to find an elite middle linebacker than a solid wide receiver. Seattle doesn't do that deal, not even close.

Iron Helmet said:

As nice of a trade this would be.Because I think Lofa would be a nice addition.It is definitely not a realistic trade.If I'm correct,didn't Lofa's dad play here for the Pats back sometime in the eighties?

Patriots4Ever said:
As nice of a trade this would be.Because I think Lofa would be a nice addition.It is definitely not a realistic trade.If I'm correct,didn't Lofa's dad play here for the Pats back sometime in the eighties?

you're exposing yourself

Mosi is a local hero

I can account for the intelligence of Seahawks fans but they seem to think Branch would be their number two behind NATE BURLESON???? All fans are guilty of over-valuing their own players but could we really be that far off about Branch?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back