PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Snow Storm event for Patriots vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
The bottom line is here than fans who crave for snowy conditions,have absolutely little faith that the Pats can handle the Texans in a playoff game on a nice dry field.

I have good faith we can beat en on a nice dry field. But dang it would be more FUN to beat em in a snow storm. :D

I think this is the second thread we've had this year suggesting the possibility of some sort of "storm event" for a big game at Foxboro that fizzled and should have been called the "Chicken Little Thread."

The Weather Service is calling for temps around 50F with a 40% chance of some rain. I hope the OP is better at his day job. :)

Freyr got caught looking ahead to Denver :p

why are these things called "events"? :confused: It's a flippin' snow storm. It snows in New England. BFD. We need to make a bigger deal out of it and call it an event? :confused2:

Right now for Denver looking like 22 degrees and snow....it will be weird watching the Manning with snow falling somewhere other than Foxboro.....

The high in Denver for Saturday is 23 and Manning hasn't played in anything under 45 all year. Just a little wind to go with that please.

I'm not rooting for the Ravens. I'm rooting against the Broncos. Hopefully that gets me to sleep at night.

The high in Denver for Saturday is 23 and Manning hasn't played in anything under 45 all year. Just a little wind to go with that please.

I'm not rooting for the Ravens. I'm rooting against the Broncos. Hopefully that gets me to sleep at night.

Just saw that it changed to 19 for Sunday with 20% chance for snow in Denver. But the temp at Kickoff for the Denver/KC game was 30 degrees. Other than that two times it was 48 at kickoff.

manning won't play that well vs ravens...but they he will play enough to win..just hopefully next weekend it will be even colder with snow when the pats go there

The texans games looks very very mild for jan...too mild. Was hoping it would hurt the texans but the weather will be a non issue

Last edited:
Has a playoff game ever taken place in a hail storm? Or any game for that matter???

I can see the headlines now: "Maelstrom in the hail storm!"

The MIA game last week was really cold. 0F with the wind.

I'll take 50F and dry this week, thank you!

i wish it was 0 this weekend...would have made it harder for texans

Has a playoff game ever taken place in a hail storm? Or any game for that matter???

I can see the headlines now: "Maelstrom in the hail storm!"

That would open all sorts of possibilities:

Hail of a Game
Broncos Go to Hail
What the Hail?

Now, if someone completed a hail Mary pass in the hail, that could get complicated.

That would open all sorts of possibilities:

Hail of a Game
Broncos Go to Hail
What the Hail?

Now, if someone completed a hail Mary pass in the hail, that could get complicated.

Now that would be a hail of a way to end the game!

The MIA game last week was really cold. 0F with the wind.

I'll take 50F and dry this week, thank you!

Agreed. The Miami game was the coldest I have been at a Pats game in a long time. Couldn't figure out if I just hadn't dressed right or wasn't used to the cold yet, but finally chalked it up to the wind, and the fact that the stadium hadn't been shoveled, so there was snow and ice underfoot (or under boots). It was so obvious that the Miami players wanted to get the heck out of there. Kind of wish it would be a little colder this week, though, just for those indoor Texans!

50 degrees doesn't hurt the Texans as much as we'd like, but I certainly don't think it hurts the Patriots either.

20% chance of rain. :eek:

Nothing beats that Tennessee game a couple years ago...I still can't believe Bethel Johnson caught that ball!

all I know is that based on the forecast, I'm going to be smoking a shoulder as well as some brisket

50 degrees doesn't hurt the Texans as much as we'd like, but I certainly don't think it hurts the Patriots either.

Thankfully the game is in the evening so hopefully the temp will drop by then into the 40s. Last time they played us it was 59 degrees.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back