PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Snow Storm event for Patriots vs Texans

Status
Not open for further replies.
0z GFS showing RAINand around 40 degrees now. Lets see what the 06z GFS shows.

th

worst case

Last edited:
I just want to say that I think "Snow Storm event" sounds much cooler than just snow storm.

man I hope its a snowstorm I miss watching snowy games

My go to weather source says mid/high 40's fog with some rain, about 8 MPH wind. I'd rather have it like the Titans playoff game back in Jan '04 I think it was.

My go to weather source says mid/high 40's fog with some rain, about 8 MPH wind. I'd rather have it like the Titans playoff game back in Jan '04 I think it was.

Wasn't that the game where it was like 20 below zero?

I was at that game. Nose-bleed seats. That was one of the coldest nights in NE. It was so cold, my beer froze in minutes and I was praying that there was no OT. Of course I remember a guy in the box seats that had was shirtless...

That was not a well played offensive game. The Pats struggled just a little less than Tennessee.

Board showed 4 degrees during the game. I also went to the game in Chicago 2 years ago, That was pretty nasty. I need to go to warmer games.

Board showed 4 degrees during the game. I also went to the game in Chicago 2 years ago, That was pretty nasty. I need to go to warmer games.

I was at that TEN playoff game as well. It was 4 degrees. Thankfully there was relatively little wind. If the winds had been as high as they were initially forecasting there would have been a lot more frostbitten faces.

I was at that TEN playoff game as well. It was 4 degrees. Thankfully there was relatively little wind. If the winds had been as high as they were initially forecasting there would have been a lot more frostbitten faces.

wind chill that night was still -8 to -10

So far the weather looks mild on sunday. lucky for the texans

Last edited:
I like to track snowstorms...it's a little hobby of mine. I am currently tracking a snowstorm that will hit the mid-atlantic and northeast between January 12-14. Well, here is one model that is showing something...

The 18z GFS model is showing something, but this model is not fully in its accurate range which is 4-5 days out. Just wanted to notify some of you that there could possibly be a snow event for the Divisional Round of the playoffs for New England. This model shows .5-.75 QPF or 5-7.5 inches of snow in 10:1 ratios which is 32-30 degrees F. As temperatures drop the snow ratio goes up.

Just letting everyone know, there could be something brewing and might not. Time will tell. I will post the changes from day to day! If there is snow coming, I will post a snow map of MA and CT on Friday.

index.php

Ty Law is not walking through that door. Richard Seymour is not walking through that door. Rodney Harrison is not walking through that door. Tedy Brewski is not walking through that door. The days of a competent offense and dominant defense that made us long for snow in Foxborough are over.

edit: I didn't even see the shelby scott post when I wrote this.

Last edited:

I was at both games as well. End zones high up at soldier field and my regular seat at Gillette fun games to be at I remember being colder at Chicago cause of the wind, tennessee game I never layered up more than that night.

Ty Law is not walking through that door. Richard Seymour is not walking through that door. Rodney Harrison is not walking through that door. Tedy Brewski is not walking through that door. The days of a competent offense and dominant defense that made us long for snow in Foxborough are over.

I agree, but Houston plays more often under favorable conditions than we do. So logic should dictate
that we would still benefit from unfavorable conditions more than they would.

Of course I remember a guy in the box seats that had was shirtless...
He's dead now. He's in heaven with Lou Gerhig. Jeezuz, Lou Gerhig, died of Lou Gerhig's Disease, how the hell do you not see that coming?

I think the offense has the advantage in snowy conditions. Just sayin.'

But on that Tennessee game. There's cool snow games and then there's SICK cold like that game. That wasn't really so fun, more like survival. The ball must have felt like granite.

NOAA is now saying 51 degrees, cloudy with no precipitation, it is a long way off though..

All I gotta say is...

IF ITS SNOWING.....

brady_ap.jpg

.... TOM BRADY IS THROWING IT!

The bottom line is here than fans who crave for snowy conditions,have absolutely little faith that the Pats can handle the Texans in a playoff game on a nice dry field.

He's dead now. He's in heaven with Lou Gerhig. Jeezuz, Lou Gerhig, died of Lou Gerhig's Disease, how the hell do you not see that coming?

that's what I always wondered.

Seriously though some people are saying he may not have died of the disease which is named after him. It may have been general neural degradation from football hits of all things.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back