PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible SNOW in the forecast for MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54681/NYJ_Gamebook.pdf

18-32, 226 yds, 1 TD, 3 Int

He was pretty bad at home against Atlanta (temps in the 20's and breezy), which should have ended their season like Rexy thought it did. As opposed to the Bengal games, the San-grenade couldn't rely on the running game and had to make plays to win the game. Obviously didn't happen. Jets had the game in hand with Turner leaving the game early and Ryan only having 2 targets (White and Gonzalez). Jets had to keep settling for FGs and the kicking unit imploded.

Ah - -thanks for catching that. Took a quick glance at their schedule and that game registered as "at Atlanta."

Regardless, the Jets are allegedly built for this kind of weather -- pound the running game, minimize Sanchez passing (though I have to think they'll tempt fate by having him throw still), count on the D. I just don't see Greene and LdT going all Peyton Hillis on the Pats.

Ah - -thanks for catching that. Took a quick glance at their schedule and that game registered as "at Atlanta."

Regardless, the Jets are allegedly built for this kind of weather -- pound the running game, minimize Sanchez passing (though I have to think they'll tempt fate by having him throw still), count on the D. I just don't see Greene and LdT going all Peyton Hillis on the Pats.

Since their bye, the Jets are not showing this. Consider their rushing YPC over that time (3.5) and Sanchez QB rating progression of 43, 83, 87, 100 (which is bad against the Texans) and 71. The San-grenade has returned with picks in the last 6 games. This against only 1 quality opponent and 3 opponents that will be drafting early in April.

Also consider that the defense has been less than dominant. Generally done well against the run (though not completely shutting anyone down), but allowed at least 20 points to 5 of 7 opponents (only GB being a playoff team). Since the pick 6 that effectively ended Favre's career, the Jets went 5 games without a pick until getting 2 against Palmer. In a pretty stark contrast to Sanchez, Brady has gone 6 games without a pick. In fact, Brady has only one non-Moss-forced/non-Hail-Mary pick all year.

While none of this necessarily means anything for Monday, the Jets are whistling past the graveyard if they think they can continue their current level of play and expect to win.

Last edited:
While none of this necessarily means anything for Monday, the Jets are whistling past the graveyard if they think they can continue their current level of play and expect to win.

the Pats are whistling past the graveyard if they think they can continue their current level of defensive play and expect to win. :mad:

Maybe get by the Jets anemic offense but not some of the others on the schedule

Last edited:
Forecast update:
e0hdeb.jpg

:singing:

the Pats are whistling past the graveyard if they think they can continue their current level of defensive play and expect to win. :mad:

Yeah, they would be in trouble if they had to play San Diego or Indy or Baltimore or Pittsburgh. Particularly if they had to travel to the west coast. They would get wiped off the field by halftime and never be able hold those teams to 3, 14, 17 and 3 points after 3 quarters. Can you imagine if they had to play those teams in a span of 6 weeks? It would be a disaster.

I'm glad the Pats have avoided playing against any good offenses until they can improve their defensive yards against rating to the top 15...like the Panthers.

Yeah true, but I just think that playing in the snow isn't going to be too much of a hassle for the Jets because they do play in cold weather at times. The Jets have some young guys that may not have much experience in cold weather and we do too. But overall, yes our team has players that excel in the cold weather, and at QB like you said Brady>Sanchez in snow.

I will also have to say that I will be pumped if it is a snow game Monday night. Patriots do have an edge on the Jets in cold weather but I won't take that into too much consideration because it could be bad for both teams as turnovers are more likely to happen. Should be a great game though.

I am curious to see how Sanchez handles a wet game ball...he may find himself a little hurried and less accurate.

That would be nice.

I wonder what time weather.com considers day versus night. The 9 mph wind with snow showers nighttime forecast would work out pretty well.

That would be nice.

I wonder what time weather.com considers day versus night. The 9 mph wind with snow showers nighttime forecast would work out pretty well.

Just a guess but they do list sundown although that won't be the coldest point.

i think bad weather would favor the jets with the running game and could effect us in the passing game..no ?

It will definitely favor "the running game" in the snow....just depends on which teams running game is more productive.....however, Brady is pretty damned accurate in the snow....

Metaphors, that was classic.

the Pats are whistling past the graveyard if they think they can continue their current level of defensive play and expect to win.

Why? We just beat Pittsburgh and Peyton/Colts playing like this. Im not saying I want them to keep playing like they have , Id like to see the D step up and play like they did for half the Baltimore game.

It looks like a low pressure will be off the coast out to sea Monday, then it retrogrades into northern new england, right now it doesnt look like there will be snow but the weather been more unpredictable this year than normal so anything can happen between now and then.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Back