PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible SNOW in the forecast for MNF

Status
Not open for further replies.
As a female friend of mine likes to point out --- snowstorms are like men....you never know how long they will last or how many inches your are gonna get.

They can also be pretty rough or they can just be really cold.

Gronk grew up where there is lots, lots more snow than in Boston or Providence. I went to the same high school that he did. We measured snow in feet and never had a snow day.

Then again, I doubt guys like Gronk or all the Gator rooks have seen a lot of snow either.

I checked weather.com for the foxboro weather on monday and its saying snow showers. I am kind of a weather geek and there is a possible snow storm hitting around or after Monday so this should be a great game. Remember last year when we put the beat down on the Titans 59-0. Brady threw 29/34 380 yds and 6TD. LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!:D

LOVE THAT! Gillette rocking in the snow... TedyBru there...I absolutely can't wait:singing: Let it snow :singing:

He grew up in Bristol, CT. and played high school football here. Also he has been practicing in the cold, here, so he'll be used to it by now.

with that reasoning wouldn't sanches also be used to the snow after training in the cold the past 2 years?

As a female friend of mine likes to point out --- snowstorms are like men....you never know how long they will last or how many inches your are gonna get.

Yeah, well tell your female friend that woman are like cars on a cold winter morning. In times like that when you need them the most they won't turn over:p

It's easier to get by when your rookie tight ends having played in a whole lot of snow and colder temperatures than when your franchise quarterback hasn't.

Gronk played HS ball right outside of Buffalo, just cause he went to AZ, I wouldn't say he is a warm weather TE.

When snow fall at Foxboro, we all know what happens...............

NOte: Oops, sorry Psycho, you beat me to it :)

Last edited:
How is this good? Wouldn't this favor the JEST? They are the power running team, were built passing.

Only positive is Sanchez could completely suck. I bet we could run with effect though.

Yeah, well tell your female friend that woman are like cars on a cold winter morning. In times like that when you need them the most they won't turn over:p

LMAO! Ain't that the damn truth!!

You need a different female friend. Trust experience.

Not seeing snow in forecast on weather.com for Monday.

I checked weather.com for the foxboro weather on monday and its saying snow showers. I am kind of a weather geek and there is a possible snow storm hitting around or after Monday so this should be a great game. Remember last year when we put the beat down on the Titans 59-0. Brady threw 29/34 380 yds and 6TD. LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW LET IT SNOW!!!:D

I love snow games!! I hope it snows hard!

How is this good? Wouldn't this favor the JEST? They are the power running team, were built passing.

Only positive is Sanchez could completely suck. I bet we could run with effect though.

I decided to crunch a few numbers and found that the Pats passing game has traditionally not been adversely affected by snow or other winter conditions.

Winter Weather: 23.0/35.2, 65.3% Comp Pct, 247.2 yards, 1.5 TD, 0.4 INT
Career Averages : 18.3/28.7, 63.6% Comp Pct, 225.6 yards, 1.6 TD, 0.6 INT

In only two winter weather games (2003 game against the Dolphins and 2004 playoffs against the Colts) did TFB's performance slip below the seasonal average, but even in those games, he didn't throw an INT.

In any event, I'm still not seeing anything other than partly cloudy skies for the game, so it's a moot point right now.

Last edited:
I have to admit, the thought of snow is a little scary to me. Cold rain is absolutely terrifying. I'm just not used to it anymore. My kids just went swimming outside 2 days ago! However, if it's good for the Pats then I'll suck it up and not pray to the weather gods for 60 degree temps.

I decided to crunch a few numbers and found that the Pats passing game has traditionally not been adversely affected by snow or other winter conditions.

Winter Weather: 23.0/35.2, 65.3% Comp Pct, 247.2 yards, 1.5 TD, 0.4 INT
Career Averages : 18.3/28.7, 63.6% Comp Pct, 225.6 yards, 1.6 TD, 0.6 INT

In only two winter weather games (2003 game against the Dolphins and 2004 playoffs against the Colts) did TFB's performance slip below the seasonal average, but even in those games, he didn't throw an INT.

In any event, I'm still not seeing anything other than partly cloudy skies for the game, so it's a moot point right now.

thanks for doing those stats. My guess is that the cold weather affects warm weather opponents more than it helps or hurts us...

for example, i think that the weather would have made more of a difference to Sanchez last year, but i think he's a lot more mature this year...still...it only takes one play to change a game...

if we look back on sanchez' playoff experience last year, he played really well in warm San Diego and for a half in the dome in Indy...Cincy was just bad...

if we look back on sanchez' playoff experience last year, he played really well in warm San Diego and for a half in the dome in Indy...Cincy was just bad...

Actually he did pretty well with what he was asked to do.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54803/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

12 of 15, 182 yards, 1 TD, no picks. Rating 139.4. Gametime temp of 21, windchill of 9.

The week before, at home, he was bad. - 8 of 16, 63 yards, 0 TD 0 INT. Gametime temp of 20. (FWIW, Palmer was waaaay worse - -1 of 11, 1 pick, rating of 1.7)

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54715/NYJ_Gamebook.pdf

That's about it for cold weather experience for Sanchez. Their December game "at Buffalo" last year was in a dome in Toronto.

I just checked the weather site I go to that is the most accurate I've seen, and for Monday in foxborough it says:

Monday: Mostly sunny, with a high near 36.

Monday Night: Partly cloudy, with a low around 23.
7-Day Forecast for Latitude 42.07N and Longitude 71.23W

It's going to be freezing, but I doubt it will snow.

Actually he did pretty well with what he was asked to do.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54803/CIN_Gamebook.pdf

12 of 15, 182 yards, 1 TD, no picks. Rating 139.4. Gametime temp of 21, windchill of 9.

The week before, at home, he was bad. - 8 of 16, 63 yards, 0 TD 0 INT. Gametime temp of 20. (FWIW, Palmer was waaaay worse - -1 of 11, 1 pick, rating of 1.7)

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54715/NYJ_Gamebook.pdf

That's about it for cold weather experience for Sanchez. Their December game "at Buffalo" last year was in a dome in Toronto.

http://www.nfl.com/liveupdate/gamecenter/54681/NYJ_Gamebook.pdf

18-32, 226 yds, 1 TD, 3 Int

He was pretty bad at home against Atlanta (temps in the 20's and breezy), which should have ended their season like Rexy thought it did. As opposed to the Bengal games, the San-grenade couldn't rely on the running game and had to make plays to win the game. Obviously didn't happen. Jets had the game in hand with Turner leaving the game early and Ryan only having 2 targets (White and Gonzalez). Jets had to keep settling for FGs and the kicking unit imploded.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/25: News and Notes
Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
Back