Welcome to PatsFans.com

Possible replacement for Mankins

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by Ochmed Jones, Oct 31, 2010.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

Just did the Georgia - Florida game yesterday and I was very impressed with Georgia OT Boiling. Decent feet, mirrored well, strong run blocker, flat back, knee bender. However when I project him to OG, which I think is a better position for him, I think he could be really special in our zone blocking system.

We do not need to use a first round pick on him, but can wait until day 3 and pick up him and Moffitt of Wisconsin which should solve our OG problems for the next 3 years at the least.
  2. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

I'm glad to hear that you think there are some potential OGs in the draft that won't require a high round pick.
  3. reamer

reamer Rookie

Ratings:
    +0 / 0 / -0

Boling has been on my radar for a while. He plays LT, RT, LG, and RG, sometimes all in one game. I know for a fact that we've scouted Georgia a few times. Perhaps Boling becomes our next guard. I'd love to see that happen.
  4. patsfaninpa

patsfaninpa Rookie

Ratings:
    +27 / 8 / -1

I was clicking around a lot during the 330 games. Caught a little of Justin Houston - olb. Thought he looked good early. But, his play really slipped late in that game. Georgia defense seemed to quit fighting. Can't believe they let Florida rush for that much yardage.
  5. Ochmed Jones

Ochmed Jones Rookie

Ratings:
    +14 / 2 / -0

#12 Jersey

There is no Steve Hutchinson in this year's draft. And there probably won't be another like him for the next 10 to 15 years, so why not convert a talented OT that can knee bend and block with a flat back but most draftniks with not rate very high as an OT.

Boiling is the definition of versatility and BB loves versatility.
  6. Snake Eyes

Snake Eyes Rookie

Ratings:
    +110 / 12 / -8

Agreed. The real value is in getting a low ranked player and using him in a different way where he gains relative effectiveness.
  7. kurtinelson

kurtinelson Rookie

Ratings:
    +10 / 5 / -2

#37 Jersey

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.