PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible reason why Burgess missed camp

Status
Not open for further replies.
Or BB didn't want the media to know about Burgess' personal problems. Heaven forbid a coach do something like that to protect their player from the vultures.

BB has no problem taking heat, never has and never will.

He, personally, didn't feel like two a days.:D I don't really care, I guess BB will just let the player explain.

It's certainly not unprecedented to let veterans slide a bit. Why I bet some of the players on the injured list aren't that injured.:rolleyes:

Who knows why he wasn't here. But now that he is, he has to do his job or he won't be playing one way or another.

He, personally, didn't feel like two a days.:D I don't really care, I guess BB will just let the player explain.

It's certainly not unprecedented to let veterans slide a bit. Why I bet some of the players on the injured list aren't that injured.:rolleyes:

BB will let him elaborate or keep it simply "personal issue". He did his part, it's on Burgess now.

So he blew us off to hang out with his family? Is this a good thing?

He should be running laps til he pukes every day to make up for missing all those practices.

My bet is he gets his ass cut. I want them to take back the signing bonus money too.

When ESPN first broke the story, this FO was clearly taken aback and quickly stated that they had been in contact with the player and the player was not necessarily contemplating retirement, he wasn't yet sure what he was doing. It sounds to me like he had a family situation (which as someone else pointed out BB would never reveal) that was at least for a time concerning him to the point he thought he might forego another season. Especially since he isn't clarifying what it was now but he is confirming Bill was aware of it... It sounds as if the situation rectified itself at least to the extent he now feels he can play. And it sounds like Bill is fine with that. I'm sure the understanding addressed the fact that he still has to earn his roster spot. If he was just skipping out on two a days because he thought he could or because he wanted to celebrate his birthday at home, I don't think Bill would have tolerated it let alone wait as it played it out. They always tell players here to take care of their family business or responsibilities and get back when you can. Faulk missed time one season when his father was very ill. If a player is dealing with a sick child or spouse or parent, or some other family crisis, they don't tell him tough ****... I know Seymour felt they handled things differently, but in his case it was a grandparent's death and they gave him the time IN SEASON to attend the wake and funeral. Problem was he stayed away a day past what they'd agreed to without bothering to clear that ahead of time. That was what he was benched for...

Rappaport reported on Twitter yesterday that Burgess 32nd birthday was the DAY BEFORE he suddenly decided to come back yesterday and play and thinks that Derrick wanted to spend his birthday with family and friends back home in Mississippi instead of being in camp - lets see - he turns 32,spends his birthday in Mississippi and then the next day suddenly decides he wants to play again?...sounds like this was not a coincidence,just BS delay.

I don't think he was even thinking of retiring,just wanted to get out of camp and hang out with family.

I don't think this was related to Warren's IR.

This is exactly what I am talking about regarding media run amok with too much power. Rappaport throws a theory out there (hidden agenda - Burgess is an ass - hidden, hidden agenda - Belichick is an ass) that Burgess wanted to spend the last three weeks celebrating his birthday and decides to show up the day after his actual birthday. That makes perfect sense to me (eye roll)....but get this, the sheep (readers) take this bait and run with it.

OY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back