PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible Reason Patriots Don't Let Up

Status
Not open for further replies.
That's one possibility.

Another is that BB is P.O'd at Goodell (and Goodell's close friend Kraft, for that matter) for forcing him to accept the national butt whipping he got for Cameragate while not allowing him to publicly fight back with 33 years of his insiders knowledge about what ALL the other teams pull.

I believe that this is man who is hiding a burning rage.

this is the main reason. and it's complete horse****.

now all the teams have to pay because of it.

That's one possibility.

Another is that BB is P.O'd at Goodell (and Goodell's close friend Kraft, for that matter) for forcing him to accept the national butt whipping he got for Cameragate while not allowing him to publicly fight back with 33 years of his insiders knowledge about what ALL the other teams pull.

Belichick's mad at KRAFT now? Are you high????

What are all those rule changes that have formed a road?
take a look at the whining of Dunhy and Polien the last few years..clearly, it's made neing a defensive back a lot tougher..

I agree with this. The NFL passed a series of rule changes or changes in "emphasis" at the request of the Colts and a few other offensive minded teams. As a result, the Pats watched the refs screw them in Denver in the 2005 playoffs and again in Indy last year, both times on pass interference calls in the end zone. The NFL later apologized for both calls. I think Belichick said, "Eff it! If that's the way they want to play then I will assemble one of the best offenses the league has ever seen and jam it down their throats."

One of the interesting things to watch will be how other teams, like the Colts, will lobby the league to go back to the old days (pre-2005) when defenders could breathe on receivers without getting a penalty?

That would be hilarious.
I think this is entirely correct..mess with teh rules and maybe you do NOT realize what you are doing..and YES I think it would be totally hislarious if that happened...pleas ebeing back teh OLD rules...

That's one possibility.

Butt whipping he got? How about still is getting?

They are still talking about it, and still confusing video-taping with stealing signals.

The week of hte Dolphin game, I was waiting for a talking head to mention the Dolphings bragging about stealing the Pats signals last year. No one did. Every refers to cheating, no one mentions everyone cheats, and still tries to get signals Offensive Coordinators still cover their mouths for a reason. The crime was videotaping, not stealing signals.

I believe you are absolutely right, and the thought of this team he has and what it could be with TWO first rounders next year must gall him. I believe he is out to score a lot (though apparently there is a point where he calls off the dogs) and I believe that he will try a fake spike a game to show how ridiculous the NFL was in fining Vrabel. Remember, BB demands his players to play to the whistle. This fake spike business is BB backing his players, and they know it.

One reason the Patriot are doing this is to keep the players happy so as not to mess with the mojo. That's my reasoning anyway.

Wow. What a liberal use of the word "reasoning." ;)

IMO, there is just NO WAY that this is the case. The players care about WINNING, period. That's part of why they're here. Belichick may keep guys like Seau interested with occasional goal line snaps, but I just think your theory not only doesn't hold water but is antithetical to how BB coaches and thinks.

I think the answer to why the Pats don't let up is obvious. BB has made it a priority this year that his players not let up like they did in last years AFCCG.

Letting up cost the Pats a SB last year and you can bet your last $ that it won't happen again. That's why you see Mike Vrabel not letting up on that fake spike play and it's why you see these Pats players so happy after scoring what is really a meaningless TD late in a blowout game.

The Pats attitude this year is to never let up.

So far in this thread, yours is the only theory that I think has some merit and basis in reality.

MY THEORY: Belichick is trying to win. That's all. Maybe there's a little bit of F you in there, but mostly he's just trying to make sure they don't lose. They're paid to play football whether the opponent ****ies out and quits or not.

This "controversy" just illustrates that other team fans, organizations and coaches just don't "get it" and will never come close to achieving what Belichick and the Patriots have.

But allow me to make it as simple as possible:

The best way to have your team prepared to play at the highest level of competition at all times... is to have your team play at the highest level of competition at all times.

This "controversy" just illustrates that other team fans, organizations and coaches just don't "get it" and will never come close to achieving what Belichick and the Patriots have.

But allow me to make it as simple as possible:

The best way to have your team prepared to play at the highest level of competition at all times... is to have your team play at the highest level of competition at all times.

YES! However, there is not one right answer.

I have a new theory.

BB is not letting up because he is always betting the Over in these games.
So that's why he is scoring all these points. to cover the over.

If it doesn't cover the over, he loses money.
what the hell don't you people understand about this?

1+1=2

Belichick's mad at KRAFT now? Are you high????

Let me ask you something:

1) You don't think BB has a CATALOG of underhanded tactics other teams have perpetrated over his 33 years in the NFL?

2) Why do you think he has taken the national butt whipping quietly? Oh, I know you'll say "That's the way he is", but this situation is different form a mere football game. BB is an NFL historian of the first degree. Read Holley's or Halberstam's books and you see that the man has an NFL book library second to only one - - the Football book library of his Dad which he donated to the Naval Academy last year. You don't think his legacy is the #1 thing he is working for at this point?

3) I believe he is just as hurt and mad at Kraft for this as Goodell. Goodell is a suit. BB expects that from some lawyer who is a Madison Ave creature. BB has his enemies list and Goodell would fit the profile. But Kraft is the one owner in football who believed in him while also giving him free reign - - when the entire world thought it was crazy to do that.

I am not saying that BB hates Kraft, or that it is a friendship breaker. NOT AT ALL. I am surmising (and yes, I'm only surmising) that Kraft is the only person on earth who could impress upon BB to not scorch the earth with "naming names" in similar Cameragate situations. BB respects and admires Kraft and they have a deep bond. Even people with the deepest bonds have short term disputes.

So while BB is doing an Eff-You to Goodell, etc. What's the angle of that in relation to Kraft?

Kraft has always been the one to emphasize the classiness of the Patriots. Everyone who was writing about how it was "Unlike BB" to get a Randy Moss or Brandon Meriwether, was talking about the wrong person. It's unlike Kraft to champion "on the edge" players - - he does these days, only because he has handed over all the reins to BB-Pioli and has learned his lesson from the Tuna years.

So the deal is - - Kraft shuts up and keeps mum about what he feels may be "over the top" stuff by BB. BB knows and appreciates this.

Did Kraft say after week one, "Bill for the good of the NFL and my good friend Roger Goodell, you have to take the fall on Cameragate" - - meanwhile BB, even though pissed off beyond belief, also realizes he will never have a better owner than Kraft, decides to swallow his pride.

What's the ONE way to get hit out a little against Kraft who values so much the national image of the Patriots?

You get 52-7 against Joe Gibbs with two 4th down attempts in the fourth quarter.

I'm not against BB in this. I say "All the more power to ya, man!"

I also understand Kraft's position in this.

I root for both of them.

Some TV fans claim that Kraft looked uncomfortable applauding the last couple Pats TDs. Maybe, just maybe, this is BB's way of protesting his respected boss' insistence that he not defend his cherished reputation.

Some TV fans claim that Kraft looked uncomfortable applauding the last couple Pats TDs.
I didn't think he looked uncomfortable, he just looked relaxed and avoided being captured on national TV laughing his asss off about it like I was.

Some TV fans claim that Kraft looked uncomfortable applauding the last couple Pats TDs. Maybe, just maybe, this is BB's way of protesting his respected boss' insistence that he not defend his cherished reputation.

Exactly, which is why the Fox Producer kept on multiple getting shots of him and Myra after the last two scores. He/she knew exactly what the dynamic is. (of course, this was the same Fox Producer who decided to abruptly cut away from BB just as he reached midfield and Gibbs, so that the handshake would not be seen, and then after 6 seconds, cuts back to them as they are running off the field - - methinks Fox has some 'splainin' to do because that was "too cute" of them).

Kraft was nowhere to be seen on the Fox telecast for the first 50 minutes of the game. Then all of a sudden, it became the "Bob and Myra Show"?

I thought the exact opposite. I was kind of surprised to see Kraft and family heartily cheering the TD to put them up 45-0. They were really really happy.

Wow. What a liberal use of the word "reasoning." ;)

IMO, there is just NO WAY that this is the case. The players care about WINNING, period. That's part of why they're here. Belichick may keep guys like Seau interested with occasional goal line snaps, but I just think your theory not only doesn't hold water but is antithetical to how BB coaches and thinks.

They're players. Not robots.

This is all about winning, all about never letting up, all about the ultimate test, which is beating the Colts. The more times we perfectly execute the plays, the more likely we well execute perfectly against the Colts. Why should we not run our best plays just because we are winning comfortably? If we sat on the ball, we would be playing half of a game on offense, while the Colts are playing a full game.

There's way too much Colts on the brain. It is about winning - winning a Super Bowl. It's not at all about the Colts.

Beamed in from a BB press confrence in the not too distant future...

"What you lookin' at? You all a bunch of ******' *******s. You know why? You don't have the guts to be what you wanna be? You need people like me. You need people like me so you can point your ******' fingers and say, "That's the bad guy." So... what that make you? Good? You're not good. You just know how to hide, how to lie. Me, I don't have that problem. Me, I always tell the truth. Even when I lie. So say good night to the bad guy! Come on. The last time you gonna see a bad guy like this again, let me tell you. Come on. Make way for the bad guy. There's a bad guy comin' through! Better get outta his way! "

LOL! Or maybe he could channel Manny Ramirez' "bad man" quote... How 'bout... "I guess, you know, when you don't feel good (about spygate) and you still order hits like 52-7, that's when you know you are a bad man!" :D

I am shocked you guys believe this. Do you really think Belichick cares whether he wins 28-0 instead of 56-28?

This is all about winning, all about never letting up, all about the ultimate test, which is beating the Colts. The more times we perfectly execute the plays, the more likely we well execute perfectly against the Colts. Why should we not run our best plays just because we are winning comfortably? If we sat on the ball, we would be playing half of a game on offense, while the Colts are playing a full game.

Additionally, if we hand it off to Heath Evans three times and punt, guess who has to go out there and get tired and possibly hurt? Yes, our defense.

So, according to the national media, whom BB does not respect, BB should take away meaningful game reps from his offense, and tire out and expose to injury his defense, just so he won't hurt the other professionals' feelings. What a joke.

Bingo, we have a 5-star analysis!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back