PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible reason for delay in Jets tampering ruling?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Can maxwell play man and press coverage? He would be a nice addition if revis doesnt sign with us.

My take is that Goodell and the Jets alumni club which runs the NFL are waiting for the New York media to start beating the drums that they can't understand why what poor Woody said was tampering. It started today. Don't be surprised if the NFL finds some reason not to take action on an open and shut case before completing the deflation witch hunt. I am further predicting that whatever punishment if any the Jets get will be equal or less that what the Pats receive for the pressure of the balls even though they are innocent. That is how Goodell runs his league and now I imagine even his greatest supporter who shall remain nameless regrets giving him the authority .

My take is that Goodell and the Jets alumni club which runs the NFL are waiting for the New York media to start beating the drums that they can't understand why what poor Woody said was tampering. It started today. Don't be surprised if the NFL finds some reason not to take action on an open and shut case before completing the deflation witch hunt. I am further predicting that whatever punishment if any the Jets get will be equal or less that what the Pats receive for the pressure of the balls even though they are innocent. That is how Goodell runs his league and now I imagine even his greatest supporter who shall remain nameless regrets giving him the authority .
Kraft is on his toes and Goodell is has been cornered. I think a new 'issue' in the NFL will be overanalyzing non-issues I.e. Marshawn Lynch getting fined. It will be unceremonious stripping of Goodell's power while letting him keep his job so that the league can save face.

So, I'm not expecting much from the tampering case either way.

I am amused by the people that think Kraft can raise hell and something will happen to Goodell and his henchmen. That ship sailed in 2007 when Kraft rolled over. Keeping in mind that when Goodell was vulnerable due to the Rice , what owner was the first to embrace Goodell . Now he is supposed to do a 180 because his team got shafted and have it influence anyone.

I am amused by the people that think Kraft can raise hell and something will happen to Goodell and his henchmen. That ship sailed in 2007 when Kraft rolled over. Keeping in mind that when Goodell was vulnerable due to the Rice , what owner was the first to embrace Goodell . Now he is supposed to do a 180 because his team got shafted and have it influence anyone.

This has really turned into agenda posting. We get it flasox, you think Kraft sucks and Goodell is going to fabricate reasons to punish them for deflated balls. You don't need to keep repeating the same diatribe in different threads. This is starting to turn into a Brady6 uncontrollable obsessive compulsive rant that pollutes thread after thread

I am tired of this topic. Woody was an idiot. The league should just follow the same punishment that they gave the Lions a few years ago when the Lions' DC said a stupid comment about the Chiefs was determined tampering. The Pats and Jet swap 5th round picks and the Jets lose their seventh rounder.

I think this whole thing is a nothing thing other than displaying the stupidity of Woody Johnson.

This has really turned into agenda posting. We get it flasox, you think Kraft sucks and Goodell is going to fabricate reasons to punish them for deflated balls. You don't need to keep repeating the same diatribe in different threads. This is starting to turn into a Brady6 uncontrollable obsessive compulsive rant that pollutes thread after thread
I have said my piece and will stop posting about these topics unless responded to. Furthermore I will be pleased to congratulate you and the rest of the true believers when the Pats receive their apology from Goodell and the Jets are punished for tampering as you have repeatedly said would happen. Of course if things transpire as I have predicted, I would hope that you would have the courage to face the reality of Goodell's NFL and the extent of Kraft's influence.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Patriots Kraft ‘Involved’ In Decision Making?  Zolak Says That’s Not the Case
MORSE: Final First Round Patriots Mock Draft
Slow Starts: Stark Contrast as Patriots Ponder Which Top QB To Draft
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/24: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/23: News and Notes
MORSE: Final 7 Round Patriots Mock Draft, Matthew Slater News
Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Back