PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Possible MidSeason Trade???

Status
Not open for further replies.
one question , what happens if moss gets hurt?? or welker gets hurt??? you dont spend all off season aquiring qaulity talent and depth to trade it away, get real you obviously are new to watching football

good point. Injuries can occur at practice (Manny Lawson) let alone games. Having lots of depth is a good thing. I'm not worried about Stallworth at all. Whether or not he is catching passes he is contributing by stretching the field allowing guys like Welker, Watson and Faulk free lanes over the middle. I wouldn't trade Stallworth.

Don't let them get you down Beau! I like the out of the box thinking, although not based in reality. The No Fun League is also the no trade league...

If and when Brown and Jackson come back there may be some difficult decisions. Better to get something than nothing, I think Washington and Stallworth are both gone after this year anyway.

Say we keep Donte Stallworth Healthy. He is obviously a talent, but hasnt been able to do much for this team due to the presence of moss/welker...

Could perhaps Kelly Washington and Chad Jackson fill his shoes, and we trade Stallworth to say Houston for a second draft choice? Houston is HURTING for Recievers, and Stall is on a Team Friendly Deal. Imagine if houston had Andre Johnson and Donte Stallworth Lined up on opposite sides of the field? Especially against the Colts???

I think it would help ease the loss of our first rounder, and allow us to still have a ton of first day picks....

I think Stall is going to have a monster game in Cincinnati....that might only help us out...in trading him...
WHY?! WHY?! Do you want Jabar Gaffney as the other starting outside receiver or something? Stallworth is a very good receiver and he will have some big games eventually.

We have something great going on here, if its not broke then DON'T TRY TO FIX IT.

The argument about the team being in "BAD FAITH" is bull, because the whole reason Stall signed with NE at a discount is to "prove" he can stay healthy and perform, hence the ridiculous bonus he is due next season if not cut. The point of the bonus is to pay him for his performance. He has not been able to (so far) perform in his three weeks here.

There was Media coverage about how he had a right to be pissed after the team traded for moss after the type of deal he signed.

I think Stall might welcome a trade, or even ask for one in order to secure himself a payday...Believe me I have no qualms about him on this team, i think he has a great effect by stretching the field, but I also think hes got be be a little unhappy about Moss being on the otherside of the field occupying alot of brady's attention.

Im not saying we HAVE TO TRADE HIM...but I am saying it might be worth it to explore if teams, especially the texans, have interest.

WHY?! WHY?! Do you want Jabar Gaffney as the other starting outside receiver or something? Stallworth is a very good receiver and he will have some big games eventually.

We have something great going on here, if its not broke then DON'T TRY TO FIX IT.

Co-sign.

Where's the fire? We have no weaknesses to address for this season, we have no pressing desire to load up on picks, why make a trade??

Co-sign.

Where's the fire? We have no weaknesses to address for this season, we have no pressing desire to load up on picks, why make a trade??

Because theres a good chance(id say 65%) Stallworth is sooner or later going to get frustrated with playing second fiddle to Moss, when he originally signed here to be #1. He signed here for the same reason that Moss is performing so well here.

Facing Facts...the chances are better that he will not be a patriot next season. Why not get some value out of what so far, has been a spare part, and make EVERYONE happy?

I think Stall would be happy in Houston. He would get to perform, and be a top target, especially scince theres no one else there besides Andre Johnson.

Last edited:
Theo, is that you? Why are you starting threads on this board when you obviously have more pressing matters? Just a quick note, football doesn't work this way.

Because theres a good chance(id say 65%) Stallworth is sooner or later going to get frustrated with playing second fiddle to Moss, when he originally signed here to be #1. He signed here for the same reason that Moss is performing so well here.

Facing Facts...the chances are better that he will not be a patriot next season. Why not get some value out of what so far, has been a spare part, and make EVERYONE happy?

I think Stall would be happy in Houston. He would get to perform, and be a top target, especially scince theres no one else there besides Andre Johnson.
So he is disgruntled that he is a #2 in NE although he is making a good amount of money so then he joins Houston to be their #2 to Andre Johnson. Where is the logic in that? Its been 3 games, you need to stop worrying until it is 6 or 7 games and he hasn't had a game over 2 catches.

LOL!! I'm sorry, I can't even come up with a response for this. I mean no offense, but this is one of the most laughable posts I've ever read. I just have nothing else to say. Seriously, this is professional sports, not your third grade spelling bee where everyone gets a ribbon for trying. We don't have to worry about making everyone happy.

So he is disgruntled that he is a #2 in NE although he is making a good amount of money so then he joins Houston to be their #2 to Andre Johnson. Where is the logic in that? Its been 3 games, you need to stop worrying until it is 6 or 7 games and he hasn't had a game over 2 catches.

Houston doesnt have Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Kevin Faulk...

IMO Donte starts as the #2 reciever, but clearly isnt the number 2 or even number 4 reciever....

Houston doesnt have Wes Welker, Ben Watson, Kevin Faulk...

IMO Donte starts as the #2 reciever, but clearly isnt the number 2 or even number 4 reciever....
please go away you dont have a clue, the media reports i read was that he was excited to play with moss, go trade some of your fantasy players

please go away you dont have a clue, the media reports i read was that he was excited to play with moss, go trade some of your fantasy players

ok...im leaving now...

Stallworth isn't going anywhere.Just watch how many people get on his bandwagon after he has some monster games.We'll know Moss will always be Moss.I just want Stallworth to shut some people up by having a monster games in Cincy Monday night.

I would trade Chad Jackson if we could.
Maybe the Vikings need a receiver?

Not sure, and I don't know where to look up this info but,

Didn't houston trade last years AND this years number 2 pick for Matt Schaub

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes