Welcome to PatsFans.com

Possible Diamonds in the Rough for the Later Rounds

Discussion in 'Patriots Draft Talk' started by State, Apr 27, 2008.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

A West Point cadet? You better believe it. Caleb Campbell. Good size, excellent strength and decent athleticism. A warrior. The heir apparent to Rodney Harrison? Much stranger things have happened. I can only imagine what he'd do on special teams, too.

http://www.goarmysports.com/ViewArticle.dbml?DB_OEM_ID=11100&ATCLID=537019
    These service academy guys have the best character around. Don't we already have a squid on the team who scored a TD against Dallas?

How about a talented TE who has never lived up to his billing? This guy should thrive if the QB is Tom Brady. Kellen Davis was even used as the designated down lineman on defense in obvious passing situations with good success. At 6'6" and 262 LBS is plenty big for a mobile guy who can block fairly well. The character issues, which I'm aware of (a off-campus fight a couple of years ago), aren't that big of a deal. I hope he's outgrown his immaturity, which I think he has.

http://www.freep.com/apps/pbcs.dll/article?AID=/20080414/SPORTS01/80410099/1049/rss14

And here might be my favorite. How about Jehuu Caulcrick, a really big back for the seventh round? Sure he lacks speed, but I saw personally him take on Dan Connor and Penn State's excellent defense and win. Jehuu Caulcrick is great for short yardage, too.

http://stats.boston.com/nfldraft/players.asp?id=101819
    His dad was murdered in Liberia, Africa, and this guy has excellent character and intelligence. If he gets down to 250, he might be a little shiftier and faster, too.

2. State

State In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +22 / 1 / -8

#70 Jersey

How'd we lose our seventh round pick? Chicago just picked the TE mentioned, Kellen Davis.

3. Palm Beach Pats Fan

Palm Beach Pats Fan In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +172 / 0 / -1

#12 Jersey

Generally the Pats avoid drafting known criminals, so it's just as well the Bears took him. I wonder how the Bengals and Cowboys passed...

4. scott99

scott99 In the Starting Line-Up

Ratings:
    +237 / 83 / -68

#87 Jersey

We traded it to move up in the 5th.

5. Canada's #1 Pats Fan

Canada's #1 Pats Fan Rotational Player and Threatening Starter's Job

Ratings:
    +1 / 0 / -0

C'mon punter Mike D.

Thread Status: