PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Poss. interesting scenario RE: Milloy

Status
Not open for further replies.

UGAPatsfan

In the Starting Line-Up
Reaction score
I suspect there will be some house cleaning with the Bills and one would think that Lawyer will be one of the first to go. Would you take him back at Vet Min or close to it?

My vote is absolutely but only at a low salary #

no way.. not after the way he trashed the organization and BB..

he doesnt belong here anymore.. and besides "superbowl rings dont feed you family"

Hmmmm..... Maybe as a better back up than what we have now. No doubt, he's slowed, but as a back-up for low $, maybe...but only if he can keep his mouth shut and nurture the young guys to be his successors.......

Doesn't have to be at the vet min. But, he must be paid less than Rodney.

I wouldn't that back that selfish SOB no matter what.

I would rather have Lawyer than Ty

vet minimum?

in a heartbeat!

I have a hard time holding that against him knowing how emotional he is. Do we hate Woody, Washington, Hamilton, and Seymour as well all of whom either left for more money or have threatened to..

I understand that the way he did things was not ideal, but the guy made us all cheer for many years. I won't forget it. Just like I won't hold it against Big Sey if he bounces for more $

I would love to have him retire a Pat for the right $ and as a part-time player

No thanks

I loved Lawyer while he was here. I was sad to see him go, but he really burned his bridges here and I can't see him coming back! But BB has done stranger things so who knows?

mtbykr said:
I loved Lawyer while he was here. I was sad to see him go, but he really burned his bridges here and I can't see him coming back! But BB has done stranger things so who knows?
I agree.. I think if BB thought he could help he wouldn't hesitate to bring him back.

Nope. He intentionally screwed Belichick by going back on his word to re-do his contract. You know what Belichick said to Tom Jackson ? I bet he'd take Jackson out to dinner before re-signing Milloy.

BelichickFan said:
Nope. He intentionally screwed Belichick by going back on his word to re-do his contract. You know what Belichick said to Tom Jackson ? I bet he'd take Jackson out to dinner before re-signing Milloy.
I don't recall Lawyer EVER saying he would redo his contract. If I recall he was always ADAMANT that he would not do so.

Who's Lawyer Milloy?

KDPpatsfan said:
I don't recall Lawyer EVER saying he would redo his contract. If I recall he was always ADAMANT that he would not do so.
It was in one of the books or articles at the time. He had agreed to take a small paycut which they needed when they traded for Ted Washington. By the time they went to do it his agent had looked around and found what money he could make and changed his mind. That's why he was cut near the start of the season. They had to get under the cap and he refused the help he'd offered.

I would like to see it happen but it wont because #1 he wont take the vet min. He is still a above min. player.
#2 he burned his bridges too much with BB after he left over the last couple years.

KDPpatsfan said:
I suspect there will be some house cleaning with the Bills and one would think that Lawyer will be one of the first to go. Would you take him back at Vet Min or close to it?

My vote is absolutely but only at a low salary #

No way. The Pats got rid of him because he had lost a step. And his time in Buffalo hasn't changed that thinking.

KDPpatsfan said:
I have a hard time holding that against him knowing how emotional he is. Do we hate Woody, Washington, Hamilton, and Seymour as well all of whom either left for more money or have threatened to..

I understand that the way he did things was not ideal, but the guy made us all cheer for many years. I won't forget it. Just like I won't hold it against Big Sey if he bounces for more $

I would love to have him retire a Pat for the right $ and as a part-time player

You have some facts wrong here:

Hamilton didn't leave for more money. The Patriots never tendered him a contract. Big difference. So, not, I don't hate Hamilton.

Washington is a mercenary.

Woody was over-rated.

As for Seymour, I was pretty upset with him. However, he did deserve a bump in his salary and he got it. For this year and next year. So I don't see him going anywhere until he is potentially a free agent.

Lawyer was being asked to take a paycut because he wasn't playing up to par. He chose to go to someplace that "respected" him. In other words, to him, MONEY = RESPECT. Sorry, we don't need that here.

DaBruinz said:
You have some facts wrong here:

Hamilton didn't leave for more money. The Patriots never tendered him a contract. Big difference. So, not, I don't hate Hamilton.

Washington is a mercenary.

Woody was over-rated.

As for Seymour, I was pretty upset with him. However, he did deserve a bump in his salary and he got it. For this year and next year. So I don't see him going anywhere until he is potentially a free agent.

Lawyer was being asked to take a paycut because he wasn't playing up to par. He chose to go to someplace that "respected" him. In other words, to him, MONEY = RESPECT. Sorry, we don't need that here.
I hear what you are saying but let me add something:
Money does equal respect to me and I'll explain what I mean. I am in Wholesale Mortgage Sales. I produce at a very high level. Say for example, I was one of the top ten producers in the country and though I had worked for one company since my career began, another company was offering me a 20% raise to go work for them. After approaching my company, I was told that I should stay for less because of "loyalty" or a "home town discount". I would laugh all the way out the door. Maybe it's just me but better pay is better pay. And keep this in mind..I make alot of money now, but more money is still more money. I think we sometimes forget that sports in very much a business.

Last edited:
KDPpatsfan said:
Money does equal respect to me and I'll explain what I mean. I am in Wholesale Mortgage Sales. I produce at a very high level. Say for example, I was one of the top ten producers in the country and though I had worked for one company since my career began, another company was offering me a 20% raise to go work for them. After approaching my company, I was told that I should stay for less because of "loyalty" or a "home town discount". I would laugh all the way out the door. Maybe it's just me but better pay is better pay. And keep this in mind..I make alot of money now, but more money is still more money. I think we sometimes forget that sports in very much a business.

It always amazes me when laymen try to compare their situation to that of a UNION situation ruled by a collective bargaining agreement and a salary cap. Its laughable because you can't compare them. Not to mention that the money we are talking about isn't in the tens of thousands for NFL contracts. Or even the low 100,000's. We are talking MULTI-MILLION dollar contracts in a league whose revenues are in the billions.

There are so many holes in your scenario that its amazing. Like the FACT that, when Milloy was cut, he was no longer one of the top 10 players at his position. And he's even lower now.

It is just you. Money doesn't equal happiness. And Money doesn't equal respect. You are a fool to believe so.

KDPpatsfan said:

Did you see the 2002 season? In your opinion, was Lawyer Milloy a "top producer"?

Since Lawyer joined the Bills 3 years ago, 2 HC's and a GM got the axe.

During the same timespan the Patriots won back to back SB's and are making a bid to make it a perfect 3 for 3 since Lawyer left.

In the end, the only laughing being done since Lawyer left is by the Patriots front office.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bruschi’s Proudest Moment: Former LB Speaks to MusketFire’s Marshall in Recent Interview
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/22: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-21, Kraft-Belichick, A.J. Brown Trade?
MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Back