PatsFans.com Menu
PatsFans.com - The Hub For New England Patriots Fans

Positives from the Denver game.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Julius

Third String But Playing on Special Teams
Reaction score
1: Defense played tuff and only gave up 17 points. Unfortunately no turnovers and two big plays for touchdowns from the Denver passing game. In my opinion those touchdowns were just great play calling and exceptional execution on Denver's part. Penalties also hurt the defense again.
2: Reche Caldwell can get open occassionally. Doug Gabriel will be a good addition when and if he's healthy and up to speed.
Thats all I could find.

One of the Denver TD's was a result of bad coverage and angle taken by Sanders.

We did generate 1 fumble, the wilson hit on their DB on the lass up the middle, the ref blew the call. The lack of TO's by the D is a big concern though.

One positive is that the game should serve as a massive wake up call. It's hard to believe anyone was feeling particularly complacent after nearly blowing a 24 point lead in NY, but even so the lack of fire was unacceptable. Pride alone should account for improvement in Cincy.

I think Doug Gabriel will work out just fine - even if he isn't the second coming of his buddy and cheerleader Jerry Rice - and we should see him in from the start.

Yes, there were positives. It was a tough low scoring game and they made the big plays and we didn't. Except for the Sanders miscue, I thought the defense was good enough to win. The offense suffered from some really good Denver defense. Maybe we should have gone to the passing game earlier but the score was stilll close at 10-0, no need to panic. I don't think we give Denver enough credit for this win. The TD pass over Hobbs was a perfect throw and catch with good coverage. Jake was picking the right guy each time. Even on the Sanders miss play, Jake made a great throw under pressure from Seymour.

It's too early to panic. We want to be good the last two months not the first two. Yes, Brady needs to throw better, but we know he can. The receivers are looking better, we just need less whining about them. Let's see how the running game and secondary work against Cincy.

It won't take a miracle as some suggest to beat them, just some good Patriot football.

Thanks for the positive approach.

Julius said:
1: Defense played tuff and only gave up 17 points. Unfortunately no turnovers and two big plays for touchdowns from the Denver passing game. In my opinion those touchdowns were just great play calling and exceptional execution on Denver's part. Penalties also hurt the defense again.
2: Reche Caldwell can get open occassionally. Doug Gabriel will be a good addition when and if he's healthy and up to speed.
Thats all I could find.

Yep, those are the only things I can think of too. Well I guess you could add Josh Miller had a good game.

As for the negatives...

1. We lost at home
2. We are 2-1
3. It took us until the 4th qtr to score

I could go on. There's really no point however... the Denver game is over, let's move on.

Scoring was a positive. I knew the game was over at 10-0 the way we were playing. I just didn't want to get shut out at home because I teased a coworker who is a Steelers fan for getting shut out by the Jags on the road. Man, I would have never heard the end of it.

Status
Not open for further replies.

MORSE: Patriots Draft Needs and Draft Related Info
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/19: News and Notes
TRANSCRIPT: Eliot Wolf’s Pre-Draft Press Conference 4/18/24
Thursday Patriots Notebook 4/18: News and Notes
Wednesday Patriots Notebook 4/17: News and Notes
Tuesday Patriots Notebook 4/16: News and Notes
Monday Patriots Notebook 4/15: News and Notes
Patriots News 4-14, Mock Draft 3.0, Gilmore, Law Rally For Bill 
Potential Patriot: Boston Globe’s Price Talks to Georgia WR McConkey
Friday Patriots Notebook 4/12: News and Notes